News Gubby accepts 12 month ban and resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Anzac, it's Doodles.
That seems a weird thought. But in the context of the dogs dinner decision making around our rebuild of the last 4 years anything is possible. So what, in your hypothetical, was the thought process and motivation for the club to leak that information about the playing group on the eve of the season? Did they know we'd be sh@t again and wanted this as an excuse.. "it's not our fault ... it's the players ... they keep taking drugs!"??
It was random.
Keep reading.

I don't have any photoshop skills but can someone who does please photoshop in ED and Pert into this... or Buckley and Hine for that matter... or both.. whichever you prefer. Perhaps also give it a caption "The Rebuild 2013-2016". leave the dog though

dogsdinner.jpg

I don't have any photoshop skills but can someone who does please photoshop in ED and Pert into this... or Buckley and Hine for that matter... or both.. whichever you prefer. Perhaps also give it a caption "The Rebuild 2013-2016". leave the dog though

View attachment 301820
Come now put in Gubby
Around these parts all we hear is Gubby this Gubby that....
It's Gubby......... surely he's the new scape goat?

Last edited:
Come now put in Gubby
Around these parts all we hear is Gubby this Gubby that....
It's Gubby......... surely he's the new scape goat?
Cunning.. so they brought him in knowing he was going to disgrace himself and thereby be a useful goat to throw into the crater. Masterstroke by Ed! When it comes to deflection, he's Rembrandt.
My (hard fought for) remaining positivism and faith has all dissipated since I woke up and read this s**t this morning. You're going to see a different Doodles now Saintly. The angry Doodles has been awoken!

Cunning.. so they brought him in knowing he was going to disgrace himself and thereby be a useful goat to throw into the crater. Masterstroke by Ed! When it comes to deflection, he's Rembrandt.
My (hard fought for) remaining positivism and faith has all dissipated since I woke up and read this s**t this morning. You're going to see a different Doodles now Saintly. The angry Doodles has been awoken!
That is up to you.
My amusement, forgive me for it, is how the cult of Gubby has started and here we are dunn in according to some. To Gubby or not to Gubby that is the question.

Ps it will all be ok, regardless, each week we get closer by the week to our next flag.... ;)

So it DID go higher!
Gee Wonder who the Source was?

Rumour has it that it was a northern state club who has an ex-AFL HQ person in their senior management who has a family link to another Melb based club, who in turn has a close friendship to Robbo. There is some bad blood between this northern state club individual and the Pies. That's the scuttlebut theory, anyways.

Rumour has it that it was a northern state club who has an ex-AFL HQ person in their senior management who has a family link to another Melb based club, who in turn has a close friendship to Robbo. There is some bad blood between this northern state club individual and the Pies. That's the scuttlebut theory, anyways.
I edited my post to make it a bit more obvious.

you mean a more angrier one, than you are now. wow:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit meh about it all.
If Allan gets a nice holiday, so be it. We will just have to find somebody else. Be a darn nuisance but that's life.
Not sure how the cult of Gubby will go, but Collingwood will survive.

Begs a few questions or observations:

Do we congratulate Ed and the board and or Mr Pert, for the appointment? Just by the way that might be interesting.

The AFL joining asada etc seems like so much more trouble than it's worth?

Why do people continually do dumb things, when they should know better? Human frailty?

Asada etc have to, find ways to keep themselves busy? Why give them ammunition?

Lawyers will always make lots of money?

With Gubby being in charge of this shocking trade period I'll be happy for him to be suspended for 4yrs. Shame he wasn't suspended 3wks ago.

I'm a bit meh about it all.
If Allan gets a nice holiday, so be it. We will just have to find somebody else. Be a darn nuisance but that's life.
Not sure how the cult of Gubby will go, but Collingwood will survive.
It could work in our favour. If Gubby is out for four years, he can return just in time for our next cleanout & rebuild.

He should actually get four years for the mess he's made of our list this year.

It could work in our favour. If Gubby is out for four years, he can return just in time for our next cleanout & rebuild.

He should actually get four years for the mess he's made of our list this year.
Pendlebury leave?
Treloar leave?
Grundy leave?
Reid leave?
Adams leave?
Elliot leave?
De Goey leave?

No?

Then list is not a mess, just a bit less tidy at the tail end.
When three or four of the above leave then that's a mess.

ps would prefer to have kept Marsh (seems personal not list management decision)
pps not fussed on any of the others going, happens....
ppps love we getting Wells, vintage (lieterally) silk
pppps Maynard I'm a bit so so, happy to give him a go

With Gubby being in charge of this shocking trade period I'll be happy for him to be suspended for 4yrs. Shame he wasn't suspended 3wks ago.
But what happened to

Gubby of Gubbiness?

Not specific to you Reg, just there was soooooo much cult like voodoo about the gubbinator in, and sweep, and do this, do that.
I don't mind Allan actually, but I was bemused at the Gubbiness of it all.
He's just one person doing a job.
hes ok too, but even the great Gubby can't do it all, takes time, and you need the currency.

Besides all this list angst in truth is more about the lower levels of our roster pool. It's hardly the end of the world.
We still have the great Grundy, Treloar, Scott, Reid, de Goey etc a lot to still keep,us going.

But what happened to

Gubby of Gubbiness?

Not specific to you Reg, just there was soooooo much cult like voodoo about the gubbinator in, and sweep, and do this, do that.
I don't mind Allan actually, but I was bemused at the Gubbiness of it all.
He's just one person doing a job.
hes ok too, but even the great Gubby can't do it all, takes time, and you need the currency.

Besides all this list angst in truth is more about the lower levels of our roster pool. It's hardly the end of the world.
We still have the great Grundy, Treloar, Scott, Reid, de Goey etc a lot to still keep,us going.
l think many on here thought he would re build rome[collingwood] in one day and when he has not
it's doom and gloom again. as you say it is a long term. to honest l think our top end is pretty good as well
just got to get more top end talent in

Gubby may not have rebuilt Rome in a day, but he's sure as s**t gladly opened the exit door for any bloke on our list that can't kick and this far at least, got blokes in that can.

I like it. The worst part about trying to play a precise, transition play type of footy is trying to do it with players that cannot deliver the ball out of the backline.

It's just a shame that it took 5 years for them To realise that.

Goodbye Brown, Frost, Marsh.
Best of luck for the future, but god knows your kicking skills won't improve.

l think many on here thought he would re build rome[collingwood] in one day and when he has not
it's doom and gloom again. as you say it is a long term. to honest l think our top end is pretty good as well
just got to get more top end talent in
Well said, agree

You want the same poldders running around over the next couple of years? I think he's doing a job that needs to be done. We were only going to go around in circles with the players that have been cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back