News Gubby accepts 12 month ban and resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Clenbuterol is a sympathomimetic, which means you can cut down the active ingredient in cocaine while increasing the filler. That allows a greater weight, decrease in the expensive cocaine element of the compound while at the same time giving the same physiological effects with the aid of the clenbuterol. Economically, it makes sense to cut it with cheaper agents that give similar effects to maintain the 'quality'.

Good post. Didn't know that coke and clen produced similar effects.
Will read more about it later. There isn't much unique info about clenbuterol on the web.

Good post. Didn't know that coke and clen produced similar effects.
Will read more about it later. There isn't much unique info about clenbuterol on the web.

The suffix -ol usually means beta agonist, the most common form of that is Ventolin for asthma. If youve ever had that you get fast heart and feel a little on edge.
Rather than the local effects on the airways, ingesting or intranasally taking the drug will give you systemic effects, so more on the circulation than respiratory.

You must be all of 20/21 now. You are much wiser than the mere passage of years would credit you. You can do better than factory work. What about youth work or some welfare field studied via TAFE. TAFE is a lay back way to learn and you can transfer across if you really get serious. It won't take you seven years and you can work at the same time. No point being your factory's most talented writer if you have no outlet for your writing. Look into Cert 4's, diplomas, degrees etc.It's not so hard and would be financially and personally rewarding. You'd be suited to welfare/helping professions.

I've been told im 20 with the mind and knowledge of a 30 year old.

But I just said I might Be 20 but my body feels like it's 80! Haha.

Still got until April until I'm 21. Gee I hope I can do something nice for it. Couldn't see myself just sitting around doing sfa.

Thanks for the positive comments, I'm meant to have a life coach/worker to help me with pathways but he is more of a burden than he is helpful. He just tried to throw me into any job or study because "he" thinks it'd be beneficial for me, nothing to do with what "I" want.

I know, the worst thing about me is that I rely on other people to help me out with things I should Be doing on my own like employment and s**t. The biggest flaw in myself as a person is that I can pinpoint every single thing I do wrong and know I'm doing wrong and yet still for some reason I can't get the energy to make it change. It's a joke haha! I'll get there though, would never subject myself to doing crap labour all my life.

Hi GG. Firstly, I don't know.. I am just repeating what I've learned on this matter... You can do some basic internet research on clenbuterol and you will see that it is in fact a very cheap chemical... and widely available and legal by prescription in some countries. It is a desirable cutting compound for high-end illicit drugs due to it having similar effects as the drug itself (it's a stimulant and does not counteract a high). The short term effects of it are similar to amphetamine. Clen is a well known weight loss drug. Weight loss from recreational drug use is actually a "thing". It is a cutting agent you would only find in "quality" gear. Like most markets.. there is an upmarket drug market and a cut price drug market. At least this is what my research on the matter shows.

The other thing that has swayed me a bit here is that neither Keefe nor Thomas are likely candidates who would be benefiting professionally from a weight loss drug. Keefe especially does not need to be any skinnier I wouldn't have thought.
Hi Doodles. Your reply is exactly what I requested, a reasoned argument for using a drug to cut another drug. I did actually research clenbuterol and found that it is widely available and relatively cheap on prescription. Can I say that if I was a cocaine user, I would not want an amphetamine/speed mixed with cocaine. Weight loss drugs have been used as speed for decades. Cocaine is outrageously expensive here, so economically clenbuterol substitution for the real thing might occur here. Speed and cocaine are chalk and cheese, but speed is often used to bulk up ecstasy, and clenbuterol may well be substituted in high quality cocaine.

Australia is a dreadful place to buy drugs that cannot be locally produced - like cocaine or genuine ecstasy. Ice is the only major drug we have successfully made, because the ingredients are locally available. Your explanation makes good sense in the context of this country.

Hi GG. Firstly, I don't know.. I am just repeating what I've learned on this matter... You can do some basic internet research on clenbuterol and you will see that it is in fact a very cheap chemical... and widely available and legal by prescription in some countries. It is a desirable cutting compound for high-end illicit drugs due to it having similar effects as the drug itself (it's a stimulant and does not counteract a high). The short term effects of it are similar to amphetamine. Clen is a well known weight loss drug. Weight loss from recreational drug use is actually a "thing". It is a cutting agent you would only find in "quality" gear. Like most markets.. there is an upmarket drug market and a cut price drug market. At least this is what my research on the matter shows.

The other thing that has swayed me a bit here is that neither Keefe nor Thomas are likely candidates who would be benefiting professionally from a weight loss drug. Keefe especially does not need to be any skinnier I wouldn't have thought.

Our resident Google drug dealer has entered the building..........hey doodles buddy how many bitcoins do I need to get that "magical" cocktail of drugs our boys Thomas & Keeffe were so lucky to get? ;)

The suffix -ol usually means beta agonist, the most common form of that is Ventolin for asthma. If youve ever had that you get fast heart and feel a little on edge.
Rather than the local effects on the airways, ingesting or intranasally taking the drug will give you systemic effects, so more on the circulation than respiratory.

So basically the exact opposite of a beta-blocker, which slows down your heart rate and breathing.

Clenbuterol's main weight loss effect would be purely due to the beta agonist effect then correct?

Strain on the heart is an efficient way to burn calories, since it works the heart muscle and speeds up the metabolism in the process.

Acheiving that effect with drugs though = dangerous.

Clenbuterol added to cocaine sounds like a one way ticket to heart disease. Cocaine is a pretty powerful vasoconstrictor. RIP arteries.

Our resident Google drug dealer has entered the building..........hey doodles buddy how many bitcoins do I need to get that "magical" cocktail of drugs our boys Thomas & Keeffe were so lucky to get? ;)
lol.. Google knows all CFC. Sorry mate but Google even trumps your wisdom for me. If you can tell me what Keefe and Thomas had to gain from deliberately and knowingly taking a weight loss drug then I'm all ears. Those two were not exactly fatties.

Clenbuterol is a sympathomimetic, which means you can cut down the active ingredient in cocaine while increasing the filler. That allows a greater weight, decrease in the expensive cocaine element of the compound while at the same time giving the same physiological effects with the aid of the clenbuterol. Economically, it makes sense to cut it with cheaper agents that give similar effects to maintain the 'quality'.
Cheers. Out of interest, who is going to access the clenbuterol? The street dealer is not going to be able to easily obtain clenbuterol nor probably even think of doing it. It would have to be cut close to the initial source rather than at street level.

Outside the high prices of Australian cocaine, I wonder how commonly clenbuterol would be used to cut cocaine. Moderate pricing would eliminate the need for substitution.

Can I also add that I am neither rich or sophisticated enough to be an Australian cocaine user. :p

lol.. Google knows all CFC. Sorry mate but Google even trumps your wisdom for me. If you can tell me what Keefe and Thomas had to gain from deliberately and knowingly taking a weight loss drug then I'm all ears. Those two were not exactly fatties.

I thought you would like that mate. :D

I will say it one last time because I know "stuff" about drugs and drug dealers...........Cocaine is not cut with Clen ..........ever!

I have heard another theory about our "gun" players but sorry I won't be sharing with the class. I am on record as saying I never wanted them back.............unfortunately Keeffe is our great white hope in 2017! :eek:

Hi Doodles. Your reply is exactly what I requested, a reasoned argument for using a drug to cut another drug. I did actually research clenbuterol and found that it is widely available and relatively cheap on prescription. Can I say that if I was a cocaine user, I would not want an amphetamine/speed mixed with cocaine. Weight loss drugs have been used as speed for decades. Cocaine is outrageously expensive here, so economically clenbuterol substitution for the real thing might occur here. Speed and cocaine are chalk and cheese, but speed is often used to bulk up ecstasy, and clenbuterol may well be substituted in high quality cocaine.

Australia is a dreadful place to buy drugs that cannot be locally produced - like cocaine or genuine ecstasy. Ice is the only major drug we have successfully made, because the ingredients are locally available. Your explanation makes good sense in the context of this country.
I did post a link earlier on to reported cases in US newspapers where Clen had been used to cut heroine as well would you believe. So anyway, is this a bad time for me to ask if you are back from Laos yet?

I will say it one last time because I know "stuff" about drugs and drug dealers...........Cocaine is not cut with Clen ..........ever!

I have heard another theory about our "gun" players but sorry I won't be sharing with the class. I am on record as saying I never wanted them back.............unfortunately Keeffe is our great white hope in 2017! :eek:
ok ok CFC I believe you.. No need to send the boys around!

Still scratching my head about why Keefe needed to be skinnier though.

ok ok CFC I believe you.. No need to send the boys around!

Still scratching my head about why Keefe needed to be skinnier though.

It wasn't about skinnier so stop scratching that big head of yours doodles aka Google Pablo Escobar!

There is another possible explanation. They could have used the recreational drugs as a mask for something more sinister. I don't believe that cocaine would be cut with clenbuterol, partly because I don't believe that Australian dealers would be so considerate to their clients. There are much cheaper and more easily obtained cuts available. But Doodles and Cake Walker have offered an explanation that goes well beyond the usual keyboard drug wowser knee jerk reaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't about skinnier so stop scratching that big head of yours doodles aka Google Pablo Escobar!
ok.. I ran a different google search with a few extra words added. Think I see where you're coming from now. :thumbsu: Had hird the theory but thought it was a different time period.

There is another possible explanation. They could have used the recreational drugs as a mask for something more sinister. I don't believe that cocaine would be cut with clenbuterol, partly because I don't believe that Australian dealers would be so considerate to their clients. There are much cheaper and more easily obtained cuts available. But Doodles and Cake Walker have offered an explanation that goes well beyond the usual keyboard drug wowser knee jerk reaction.

Bingo :arrowup:

It's true.

We all tell ourselves we are still the biggest club in Australia.

But are we really?

Our membership numbers Have dropped significantly in recent years, at one point looking like it would reach 80,000 and come 2017 we might even find it hard to reach 55,000.

This year I believe 4-5 clubs had more members than us. I saw a list of the exact figures but can't be bothered digging it up right this minute.

We were also only around 4th for the club that was most watched on TV. People watched the Bulldogs more than us this season, and rightfully so.
No, I think we will easily surpass 55,000 members next year. If we're able to reach 70,000 members again without playing finals for three seasons then I consider that a good return considering the issues we've had in recent years.

2016 Membership Figures:
Hawthorn = 75,351 (+3.33%)
Collingwood = 74,643 (-0.53%)
Richmond = 72,278 (+2.07%)
West Coast = 65,188 (+8.25%)
Essendon = 57,494 (-5.47%)
Sydney Swans = 56,523 (+15.74%)
Adelaide = 54,307 (+2.62%)
Port Adelaide = 53,743 (-0.58%)
Fremantle = 51,889 (+0.89%)
Geelong = 50,571 (+14.12%)
Carlton = 50,130 (+5.97%)
North Melbourne = 45,014 (+9.76%)
Western Bulldogs = 39,459 (+12.03%)
Melbourne = 39,146 (+8.88%)
St Kilda = 38,009 (+16.07%)
Brisbane Lions = 23,286 (-8.35%)
Greater Western Sydney = 15,312 (+13.59%)
Gold Coast = 12,854 (-5.78%)

The skinny aspect of Keeffe gives me great comfort knowing he much more likely just dumb to take illegal substances v deliberately trying to enhance performance so to speak.

No, I think we will easily surpass 55,000 members next year. If we're able to reach 70,000 members again without playing finals for three seasons then I consider that a good return considering the issues we've had in recent years.

2016 Membership Figures:
Hawthorn = 75,351 (+3.33%)
Collingwood = 74,643 (-0.53%)
Richmond = 72,278 (+2.07%)
West Coast = 65,188 (+8.25%)
Essendon = 57,494 (-5.47%)
Sydney Swans = 56,523 (+15.74%)
Adelaide = 54,307 (+2.62%)
Port Adelaide = 53,743 (-0.58%)
Fremantle = 51,889 (+0.89%)
Geelong = 50,571 (+14.12%)
Carlton = 50,130 (+5.97%)
North Melbourne = 45,014 (+9.76%)
Western Bulldogs = 39,459 (+12.03%)
Melbourne = 39,146 (+8.88%)
St Kilda = 38,009 (+16.07%)
Brisbane Lions = 23,286 (-8.35%)
Greater Western Sydney = 15,312 (+13.59%)
Gold Coast = 12,854 (-5.78%)

Guess the article I read was way off.
Can't post it on BF cuz it blocks the link but it's the first result on google when you write Collingwood member total 2016

Reckons we only had 55k this year and lost 20,000 since 2015. Thought it was too bad to Be true. They must hate Collingwood lol.

Can't see us hit 70k again though next year. Regardless of the exact number the trend is alarmingly downward since our peak in 2013 I think it was

Eddie's target in 2012 was 100,000 by 2019

We would have got there too if we stayed at the same positive member trend we had back then.

Not at this rate unfortunately unless something changes.

Just a few remarks on this discussion about clen and recreational drugs based on my mate's knowledge.

Clen is not a PED, just a banned substance.
Weight loss in recreational drugs is a "thing" because you simply don't eat, not because it contains some slimming or thermogenic agents.
A lot of prescription diet pills contain ephedrine, which is basically speed.

Clen was designed as a drug for asthma, it opens respiratory ways and that's why even fit athletes can benefit from it.
It has also been used as a masking agent.

The "cheap" Clen mainly in Chinese made pills is very weak, you might as well use baking soda if you're planning on cutting clen with it.
Stronger Clen, quite often in liquid form from some backyard production is very, very dangerous.
The pure non-diluted stuff is more expensive than coke and is deadly.

The only similar effect of clen and coke is an increased heartbeat and clen shits on coke in that regard.
However bad coke cut that's been cut with speed can give you jitters and shakes that are usually associated with clen.
In conclusion, you'd need to have superior skillz to Walter White or be a homicidal maniac to cut coke with it.

Just moving the conversation back to Gubby. If he is suspended for a lengthy period (2-4 years), what are the repercussions for the club? Obviously we will need a new Football Manager but will anyone be held responsible for Gubby's appointment? Pert has publicly stated that he made the decision. Would it be appropriate for Pert to resign his position given the apparent failure to understand the mess Gubby has found himself in?

At least Temploar's explanation assigns some endearing elements to Allan's character. The last thing we need is 'a hard edged businessman' when our player welfare people are under fire and players are rumoured to be unhappy. Both of you acknowledge that legally Gubby is accountable, so there is no argument over the outcome, only the motive.

Yep it's only the presumption that he's a kind hearted protective father figure that we disagree on. I find that a very long bow to draw.

serious question because I have only read he wasn't where he usually sleeps. hiding from drug testers..yeah well we can all probably reach that conclusion by assuming we know what happened but can the afl prove it?

if they hand out a lengthy penalty this will end up in court and wont be finished for a year or two.

there is some 2+2 = 3 going on with gubby getting years. he'll get a fine or very small suspension just based on the "look" of this and so he doesn't appeal and it goes away.

whatever happens to allan will happen to lambert and that is a massive issue for the afl trying to sort Brisbane out.

As I said time will tell if theres enough evidence to suspend them all. No point speculating.

But if guilty its a simple equation.

Just moving the conversation back to Gubby. If he is suspended for a lengthy period (2-4 years), what are the repercussions for the club? Obviously we will need a new Football Manager but will anyone be held responsible for Gubby's appointment? Pert has publicly stated that he made the decision. Would it be appropriate for Pert to resign his position given the apparent failure to understand the mess Gubby has found himself in?
It's a funny thing, when Gubby was appointed I was aware of this as being a major risk. But I was excited about what Gubby being appointed meant (change..); and I assumed our executive team had done their due diligence and weighed up all the risk when deciding to go ahead and recruit him. Now with a decision imminent it has brought that decision into focus for me. Whatever the decision; this represents an absolutely terrible judgement call from our executive team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back