Toast Saints are heading back to Moorabbin!

Remove this Banner Ad

I chased this up and got the following reply:

Normal VCAT appeal time is 6 months and then up to 6 weeks for a decision. That’s put us into April/May. This one I would hope would go to the major cases list which can get in earlier than above (within about 8 weeks approx.). No smooth path for us. From what I can see even the Council vote was close as some still tried to tie the decision with a review of the pokies etc. When you think the overall project is so good for more than just StKFC (it’s a whole of southern/s-e metro facility approach) and will fix up the run down dump it is now. Hopefully sense will prevail and we’ll see some action early into next year. <courtesy of another Saints tragic>

I chased this up and got the following reply:

Normal VCAT appeal time is 6 months and then up to 6 weeks for a decision. That’s put us into April/May. This one I would hope would go to the major cases list which can get in earlier than above (within about 8 weeks approx.). No smooth path for us. From what I can see even the Council vote was close as some still tried to tie the decision with a review of the pokies etc. When you think the overall project is so good for more than just StKFC (it’s a whole of southern/s-e metro facility approach) and will fix up the run down dump it is now. Hopefully sense will prevail and we’ll see some action early into next year. <courtesy of another Saints tragic>

can you give us a link to the relevant page on VCAT site?

This is a “snip” from the VCAT web site. Need to dig into S82 cases list within the planning area.

s

s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well section 82 is this:
PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ACT 1987 - SECT 82
Applications for review where objectors
S. 82(1) amended by No. 52/1998 s. 191(4)(b).

(1) An objector may apply to the Tribunal for review of a decision of the responsible authority to grant a permit.

S. 82(2) substituted by No. 128/1993 s. 19, amended by No. 52/1998 s. 191(4)(c).

(2) A planning scheme may set out classes of applications for permits the decisions on which are exempted from subsection (1).

S. 82(3) inserted by No. 128/1993 s. 19, substituted by No. 52/1998 s. 191(5).

(3) If a planning scheme exempts a decision of an application for a permit from subsection (1), an application for review cannot be made under that subsection in respect of that decision.

S. 82AAA inserted by No. 3/2013 s. 32.

I presume someone has gone to VCAT to object to it. As for why who knows.

When's the saints AGM? Perhaps it would be a question for then.

We'll have to keep a lookout in the Planning & Environment list daily hearings to see when it appears. Looking at the case numbers it might be a while given the highest listed is P1738/2016. The saints file is P2086/2016.
https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/upcoming-hearings

Last edited:
Well section 82 is this:

I presume someone has gone to VCAT to object to it. As for why who knows.

When's the saints AGM? Perhaps it would be a question for then.

We'll have to keep a lookout in the Planning & Environment list daily hearings to see when it appears. Looking at the case numbers it might be a while given the highest listed is P1738/2016. The saints file is P2086/2016.
https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/upcoming-hearings
I wouldn't look to far into the numbers P924/2016 is on today

On E5823 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if now that the AFL have taken control of Etihad and we should get a better deal, we can afford to ditch the pokies? I think in the past we've only made about $500,000 in revenue from them each year, which is much less than all of the other Victorian clubs.

It would be a good selling point to truly be able to say that we are committed to promoting responsible gambling without then contradicting those words by trying to make money from pokies.

Last edited:
That's our protester. 2nd from left. A Moorabbin Lions Club director

IMG_0308%20Web.jpg
Think we should ease up on the public naming and shaming fella's:eek:
After all she is somebodys Mum.
Judging by that pic quite possibly Rudolph the Red nose Reindeers mum.
But still a bit harsh on her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back