New Zealand summer of cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

The NZ commentary team just making up blatant lies about the Australian team. Apparently the Australians are the only ones complaining about the Faf Du Plessis incident. He must have missed Ganguly saying the decision to charge Du Plessis was correct. I mean the team didnt make a complaint and havent even commented on it but that doesnt fit in with the Aussies = bad rhetoric from the kiwis.

The NZ commentary team just making up blatant lies about the Australian team. Apparently the Australians are the only ones complaining about the Faf Du Plessis incident. He must have missed Ganguly saying the decision to charge Du Plessis was correct. I mean the team didnt make a complaint and havent even commented on it but that doesnt fit in with the Aussies = bad rhetoric from the kiwis.
It almost sounds like they are trying to promote an upcoming series or something.

The Kiwi commentators are worse than ours. That is saying something.

Good mental application by Pakistan here. Plenty of time left in this test match for a result. No rush.

Gotta feel a bit for Todd Astle here. Leading wicket-taker in the Plunket Shield so far this season (spinners seem to have had a lot of success in that comp to start the season, similar to our Shield comp), which has earnt him a Test re-call, yet he's barely needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta feel a bit for Todd Astle here. Leading wicket-taker in the Plunket Shield so far this season (spinners seem to have had a lot of success in that comp to start the season, similar to our Shield comp), which has earnt him a Test re-call, yet he's barely needed.

Well I like Astle but would feel more for Patel who was left out despite doing a reasonable job of it on his return. Guess at his age, for guys like he and Batty the short term solution was always going to be their go but would be nice if they got a bit of reward.

Well I like Astle but would feel more for Patel who was left out despite doing a reasonable job of it on his return. Guess at his age, for guys like he and Batty the short term solution was always going to be their go but would be nice if they got a bit of reward.

6 wickets in 83 overs at 3.51 runs per over, in ideal conditions for spin, isn't really that reasonable, TBH. You'd think he could have gotten a bit more reward for effort for his work in English county cricket over the years, though, and not have had 3 1/2 years between Tests. Still, his Test record has never been great reading.

Astle was in better form in NZ conditions, so it's understandable why he was picked ahead of Patel. Not really needed in the end, though.

Misbah is out for the 2nd test. Father in law passed away. So Azhar Ali will captain the 2nd test.

I heard them saying briefly but didn't realise that they were blaming the aussies, how was this conclusion reached?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back