Terry Bailey -the worst caller in the world .. no.. the universe!

Who replaces Greg Miles?

• Mark "boring but accurate " Shean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry "get on the poon train" McAuliffe

• Terry"I know whats going to happen before the race so they might as well not run the race" Bailey

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Matt "i almost died at the Olympics" Hill

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Adam "and they come around the corner and the leader is ...zzzzzzzzzzzz" Ozlanski

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Alan "the gates crash back" Hull

• Mitch "photo.. i dont know!!" Manners

• Rick "Back Weir Drink more beer" Macintosh

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Victoria "oh god no more than 3 horses in a race or i cannot get through them all" Shaw

• Alan" the favorite didnt get a run, the favorite didnt get a run, the fave DID NOT GET A RUN" Thoma

• Danny "i used to be thin when i first started calling" Milecki

• some other dude

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

richie bell from WA would be a smart call. smart man and a very good pure accurate caller. whether he's exciting enough for the main caller in australia job i don't know but he only needs to come up with the one-liners once or twice a year.

Mark Shean is currently working in bloodstock he may not walk out on the bloodstock game within 3 months of starting. i like him, compared to Flindell and others at least.

who is the QLD caller, is he any good?

Shean has that nasally Ray Romano voice happening. I would like to see Darren McAullay the WA caller take over from Greg Miles. Very accurate in the run, doesn't ever get names wrong and adds excitement to a race.

Shean has that nasally Ray Romano voice happening. I would like to see Darren McAullay the WA caller take over from Greg Miles. Very accurate in the run, doesn't ever get names wrong and adds excitement to a race.

can't call the close ones, he's been getting worse as the pressures on and when he decides to call one it loses, when he calls it a dead heat one wins by a head.

i like him as a caller and a bloke but when push comes to shove not sure i want him on the end of a Dunaden/Red Cadeaux Bauer/Viewed scenario.

Seriously bring back AT, can you imagine his post race spiels?

"Well you just, you just can't sit 3W Caulfield 1100m, and win. You just can't. Not in restricted grade anyway. The fave drew, where did he draw (sound of shuffling paper) he drew 8, so, Jimmy Byrne I mean Brad Rawiller's first thought has to be - I must get a trail. But he pressed on and got caught three wide and you just can't win. I dunno how many times you have to say it, anyway, the winner was..." and so on.

Bring back AT!!!

Matt Hill is a better all-round caller than Shean, who is an excellent race reader, (sometimes to the detriment of the call) so he'd still get my vote.

I reckon Darren McAullay is entering Corey Enright type status where people just keep talking him up to the point where he's just overrated. Nice enough voice but I've seen him butcher the close ones as Leafy said.

who is the QLD caller, is he any good?
Josh Fleming, is a gun IMO but landed his dream job after AT retired, so not sure he'd do it.

After saying all that, I'm thinking they'll bring in someone left field. Brett Davis??

Seriously bring back AT, can you imagine his post race spiels?

"Well you just, you just can't sit 3W Caulfield 1100m, and win. You just can't. Not in restricted grade anyway. The fave drew, where did he draw (sound of shuffling paper) he drew 8, so, Jimmy Byrne I mean Brad Rawiller's first thought has to be - I must get a trail. But he pressed on and got caught three wide and you just can't win. I dunno how many times you have to say it, anyway, the winner was..." and so on.

Bring back AT!!!

You did t run that parody twitter account by chance did you :)

"Not sure, will sit this one out and leave it to the judge!!" :)

You did t run that parody twitter account by chance did you :)

"Not sure, will sit this one out and leave it to the judge!!" :)

Did I run the Twitter account? In the words of AT, "aww gee, don't know here!"

No I almost never go on twitter. That'd be great fun doing that though. AT was fantastic.

WA caller Stewy Shenton is out of jail after getting called selling drugs on course 20 years ago (no not cobalt.. amphetamines!)... He called through his pocket and he bagged jockeys mercilessly , he had a good sense of humour so he could get away with it! Bring him back!

Matt Hill is a better all-round caller than Shean, who is an excellent race reader, (sometimes to the detriment of the call) so he'd still get my vote.

I reckon Darren McAullay is entering Corey Enright type status where people just keep talking him up to the point where he's just overrated. Nice enough voice but I've seen him butcher the close ones as Leafy said.

Josh Fleming, is a gun IMO but landed his dream job after AT retired, so not sure he'd do it.

After saying all that, I'm thinking they'll bring in someone left field. Brett Davis??

Geez Matt Hill? I'd rather Adam O or TB I think - Matt Hill has that Sydney style voice that makes him sound like a complete flog :D

What about Terry McAuliffe?

Geez Matt Hill? I'd rather Adam O or TB I think - Matt Hill has that Sydney style voice that makes him sound like a complete flog :D

Love Terry!! but he moved to vic about 20 years ago as 2nd string to Bryan Martin i think.. and lost all his dough gambling so got sent back to SA in shame.. wouldnt mind him he has improved heaps. "get on the poon train"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Ronny "Darth Vader" Papps.

Also Rick McIntosh is known as "The Tramcar" forget this "back Weir drink Beer" crap.

A race called by Rick would include one of the following phrases...."the tramcar is struggling for oxygen" or "the tramcar wins by 6 hard held"

How about Ronny "Darth Vader" Papps.

Also Rick McIntosh is known as "The Tramcar" forget this "back Weir drink Beer" crap.

A race called by Rick would include one of the following phrases...."the tramcar is struggling for oxygen" or "the tramcar wins by 6 hard held"
Ronn Papps upon calling the finish where winner has a clear neck margin "the hit the line -;i don't know! Leave me out of this one".

This was of course before he was charged with attempted murder

Better than Greg's call IMO, voice can go to levels that Polish, Cretters and Shean can't. Pretty sure he's a Vic anyway since he gave up Sydney #1 gig to call Warragul trots and radio down here.

Love Terry Mac but would prefer him in SA, has his job and does it well there. Melbourne is big leagues.

Also ******* LOL whoever did the poll :thumbsu::thumbsu:

If we're gonna keep throwing left fielders out there, Luke Marlow for mine. Will be flat out getting city gigs with his country twang but I'm a fan regardless.

Think Greg is pulling the pin at the right time too - Sandown Guineas call was a ripper to show he's still got it.

Also ******* LOL whoever did the poll :thumbsu::thumbsu:

If we're gonna keep throwing left fielders out there, Luke Marlow for mine. Will be flat out getting city gigs with his country twang but I'm a fan regardless.

Think Greg is pulling the pin at the right time too - Sandown Guineas call was a ripper to show he's still got it.
I always liked Miles. Was a genuine horse race fan as distinct from a punter

I always liked Miles. Was a genuine horse race fan as distinct from a punter
One of the all time greats, without doubt.

Haven't even been following racing long yet still can debate his best call. Redoutes vs Testa Rossa, Lonhro vs Sunline and Northerly's Caulfield Cup probably my 3 faves; and that's ignoring the two most people think are his best!

Better than Greg's call IMO, voice can go to levels that Polish, Cretters and Shean can't. Pretty sure he's a Vic anyway since he gave up Sydney #1 gig to call Warragul trots and radio down here.

Love Terry Mac but would prefer him in SA, has his job and does it well there. Melbourne is big leagues.

I searched for that call the other day when Greg announced his retirement just to see how he did and was actually pretty disappointed, call did nothing for me. Greg's was much better imo

Back