ICC Mens Cricket World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Too easy. In to $2.10 to $2. Betfair you might get different.

It was too easy. India at home with their team was better than bank interest.

They've beaten a very ordinary Aus outfit, Afghanistan, Pakistan (who even Aus spanked), and Bangladesh.

Your bookie really ought to cash your bet out now, this one is over, well done, enjoy the winnings 👍

They've beaten a very ordinary Aus outfit, Afghanistan, Pakistan (who even Aus spanked), and Bangladesh.

Your bookie really ought to cash your bet out now, this one is over, well done, enjoy the winnings 👍

So by this logic who actually is good in your eyes?

NZ who have beaten an ordinary England side, Afghanistan, Bangladesh & Netherlands?

South Africa who beat Sri Lanka & an ordinary Australia side, and then lost to the Netherlands?

England who have lost to Afghanistan?

We know it’s not Australia who are very ordinary, or Pakistan who got spanked by that Aussie side.

Will anyone win it?

So by this logic who actually is good in your eyes?

NZ who have beaten an ordinary England side, Afghanistan, Bangladesh & Netherlands?

South Africa who beat Sri Lanka & an ordinary Australia side, and then lost to the Netherlands?

England who have lost to Afghanistan?

We know it’s not Australia who are very ordinary, or Pakistan who got spanked by that Aussie side.

Will anyone win it?

India deserve to be favourites and $2 seems like a fair price to me.

That is, from here they're around a 50/50 proposition, give or take.

NZ are also 4-0.

SA are 2-1, the one loss coming to their bogey side Netherlands.

We will have a better idea of where both of them are at once they've played another decent team.

Whatever the case, India will have to beat two other top 4 teams in the finals to win the tournament.

For that reason alone they are no better than a $2 proposition imo.

India $2, rest of field $2 seems fair, which is why celebrating now seems premature to me.

SA just showed what they're capable of. The Netherlands game was an aberration.

If they get lucky, India will face Aus or Pak in the semi, and then only have to beat one of NZ / SA in the final.

Otherwise they will have to play NZ and SA, one after the other in the finals.

Would you really take $2 for them to do that, with five matches left before we even get to that stage?

The India vs NZ game tomorrow is now the biggest match so far this tournament, looking forward to it.

SA just showed what they're capable of. The Netherlands game was an aberration.

If they get lucky, India will face Aus or Pak in the semi, and then only have to beat one of NZ / SA in the final.

Otherwise they will have to play NZ and SA, one after the other in the finals.

Would you really take $2 for them to do that, with five matches left before we even get to that stage?

The India vs NZ game tomorrow is now the biggest match so far this tournament, looking forward to it.
On paper, completely agree. Only thing is it ignores India doctoring pitches they need when they need. Wont be any roads in the finals for their games

On paper, completely agree. Only thing is it ignores India doctoring pitches they need when they need. Wont be any roads in the finals for their games

You are right about that however NZ and SA both have decent spin options so that may mitigate the issue somewhat.

NZ have already played at Ahmedabad once this tournament, against England, their spinners took 5 of 9 wickets.

Santner 2, Phillips 2, Ravindra 1.

The final is being played there so if it ends up NZ vs India in the final, I still like the Kiwis' chances.

Especially if they win the toss and bowl first, both games in Ahmedabad so far have been won by teams doing exactly that.

India get the chocolates this time, your bet is looking good PowerfulPies2023

Still a long way to go in this tournament though.

The table is shaped for a good battle for the third and fourth spots in the finals.

Been an entertaining WC so far.

Interesting to compare the teams' spinners in this one.

Jadeja 0/48 (10)
Yadav 2/73 (10)

2/121 (20)

vs

Santner 1/37 (10)
Ravindra 0/46 (9)
Phillips 0/12 (2)

1/95 (21)

If these two meet in a final, it looks like Santner will be the key for NZ should the deck be doctored.

Shami bowled a masterclass at the end, though.

India might back their quicks and see no need for pitch shenanigans.

The again, Ferguson had them on the hop, kept Sharma stuck on the crease which led to the wicket.

Going to be an intriguing battle if the teams meet again.

Plenty of money to be made in these group stages with simple H2H bets backing the stronger test nations against the Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Netherlands, Afghanistan types.

I haven't touched every game but so far have only been burnt by SA losing to Neth, and last night Pakistan losing to Afghanistan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wind in Chepauk has died off over the last half hour which explains the steam for RSA to win the toss.

Bavuma as the away captain gets to call the result of the toss. He's a freak a analysing the amount of repetitions from a certain height and the less windy it is, the easier time he will have to determine what side of the coin lands face up.

1698392287845.png

I've made a couple of posts recently about 'the toss' markets but I don't know if anyone realises how much money there is to be made. It's like some people are thinking because it's a 50% chance of winning, you need odds greater than $2 (after commission) to make this market worthwhile.

But not only is this market worthwhile, it's lucrative.

I.e. This from earlier today.

1698822311853.png

There appears to always be value in these Betfair markets as the toss draws nearer. Please note that WBBL toss markets suspend 45 minutes prior to the match commencing. I.e. A match commencing at 3:00pm means the toss market suspends at 2:15pm. For the World Cup, the market suspends 35 minutes prior to the match commencing (actually seven mins before the toss takes place).

While some people probably can't be bothered with a 'boring' or 'uninspiring' market like the toss, there will always be those who will bet on value sometimes no matter what.

Based on what I've been seeing, you can almost guarantee the lay price for the toss for tonight's match will shorten to below $1.92 for one of these teams...

1698822537832.png

More often than not you'll see a lay price of $1.90 or less.

In some extreme occasions, it trades below $1.80.

The betting market fluctuations on NZ v Pak would be interesting. Particulallry at start of Pak innings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back