• 16.BOIS D ARGENT(3) - Winona Costin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17.SPIRIT RIDGE(10) - Dean Yendall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

CAULFIELD CUP 1-MINUTE FORM GUIDE

GOLD TRIP - ludicrous Turnbull win but has shown that level rarely in Australia. That runs win this but must be doubts about the repeatability. Started $15 in a weaker version of this last year with less weight on a bog and got rolled by Durston so hard to get enthused about the current price.
WITHOUT A FIGHT - the one to beat and should be fave - total BT in the Underwood where it started $5 and drops in weight here. Drawn to settle closer and will look the winner at some stage.
BREAKUP - Should be renamed Mr Nagasaki for how cooked he is. Won't even get warm over the 2400 and is the absolute poison at the top of the market.
MONTEFILA - Ran a nice 4th in last years weaker edition but there is a wide body of work showing she is not up to winning a race like this. Looks very short.
FRANCESCO GUARDI - Turnbull run suggests he is the same kind of second tier stayer hype fraud that White Marlin and Goldman are. No.
WEST WIND BLOWS - Outstanding in the Turnbull and even Spencer shouldn't be able to get 3 wide from gate 2 here. Will be up on the pace and not stopping - the main danger.
NONCONFORMIST - Heroic second to Incentivise two years ago but that form is long gone and he is just making up the numbes here.
SOULCOMBE - Every run this prep a perfect cup trial and if he can jump out of the gates he is in this up to his years. Worry he doesn't get quite enough weight from the better WFA horses though.
DUKE DE SESSA - Looms as this years Gold Trip as a European with black type form entering through the WFA races. Could explode although withdrawal from MC at second acceptances suggests he is not going that good?
HOO YA MAL - Has looked on track for this all prep and will be up on the pace and out of trouble - one of the few blowout hopes not coming through the traditional lead ups.
RIGHT YOU ARE - Got in through winning the Mornington Cup - that's more this level.
EMISSARY - Hit a two-race golden patch in the Geelong and Melbourne Cup last year and has done nothing since. Won't be featuring.
GOLDMAN - Just another in a long line of offseason stayers who don't measure up in the big leagues. Cooked.
OKITA SOUSHI - This year's Camorra - and Irish plodder you do not want to be anywhere near at the 600 when he starts going backwards.
FAME - Genuine 999/1 shot on Betfair - the handicapper must have been on smack when allocating his weight as he is a midweek Sandown horse at best.
BOIS D'ARGENT - Been getting rolled in Big Dance qualifiers suggests he is not good enough to feature in this Big Dance.
SPIRIT RIDGE - Somehow ran Just Fine to a nose at 100/1 in a dogshit metrop. That horse beaten 30 Saturday. No
VALIANT KING - Would be half the quote if you forgive a horse a bad run and has no weight. Has Vauban form so would want to be doing something here given that horse is odds on for Flemington.

The penalty undoubtedly had an impact. It clearly doesn't suit your narrative so you will deny it no matter the evidence.

Do you think a 1.5 kg penalty is worth 4 lengths?

If so WWB gets a 2.5kg turnaround on Gold Trip from the Turnbull into the CC for only a 1.8l defeat and Soulcombe gets 3 for just being beaten just over 2L.

Sportsbet allow the CC/MC double bets to be included in all ups.

Would this double market be removed when they open the CC market?

Good question. I can’t remember to be honest but I remember a few of us had the MDG cups double into LG in the cox plate going a few years ago at like 1000/1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duke de Sessa continues to shorten could be the double figures winner

Am on him for cups double at 750/1
He’s looking for the 2400m +

Trouble is the 4 favourites are also looking for 2400m too. Looking at the bottom end of F4s for me

Yeh he could have done with last years pissweak edition.

Would be shocked if the winner isn't either WAF or one of the first three home in the Turnbull

What a great race this promises to be this year.

Out of the big 4 at the top of the market I have a slight lean to West Wind Blows at this stage. Think Gold Trip is unders given the weight as he will surely regress off that Turnbull win. Soulcombe can obviously win but feel as if Flemington more his time to shine.

Big if, but if First Immortal can sneak his way in think he will start much shorter than the $34 currently (TAB) and be thereabouts. Breakup I can't have at all, will probably need to run a peak and his recent runs suggest he is trending the opposite way.

Fingers crossed for the Duke though, he will be my best result!

What a great race this promises to be this year.

Out of the big 4 at the top of the market I have a slight lean to West Wind Blows at this stage. Think Gold Trip is unders given the weight as he will surely regress off that Turnbull win. Soulcombe can obviously win but feel as if Flemington more his time to shine.

Big if, but if First Immortal can sneak his way in think he will start much shorter than the $34 currently (TAB) and be thereabouts. Breakup I can't have at all, will probably need to run a peak and his recent runs suggest he is trending the opposite way.

Fingers crossed for the Duke though, he will be my best result!

Far and away his 2 highest rating performances were in his last 3 starts so can't have that reasoning

Far and away his 2 highest rating performances were in his last 3 starts so can't have that reasoning

Two of which were over 2 miles and the other two he was beaten out of sight. It’s got absolutely none here and is the one in the market you should be totally gapping.

Might be able to hold on up front for a top 5 slot at Flemington but most likely it’s cooked, does nothing here and goes around $30+ at Flemington.

Two of which were over 2 miles and the other two he was beaten out of sight. It’s got absolutely none here and is the one in the market you should be totally gapping.

Might be able to hold on up front for a top 5 slot at Flemington but most likely it’s cooked, does nothing here and goes around $30+ at Flemington.

Yeah the trip is a valid concern as he probably wants further given his peaks were at 3000m+ but form wise he is going as good as he ever has

Yeah the trip is a valid concern as he probably wants further given his peaks were at 3000m+ but form wise he is going as good as he ever has

If this is as good as ever he ain’t good enough. Simples

Back