IMG_0904.JPG

Koby Stevens

IMG_0906.JPG

Rowan Marshall*

IMG_0910.JPG

And this strapping young lad couldn't be Nick O'Kearney could it... ?! :eek:

IMG_0905.JPG

Strong as Steele!

Not the best pic though, it makes him look like his skin folds are pretty poor but seems pretty cut in all the other pics I've seen.

Timmy Membrey has always been a huge lad. Anyone think he is looking really lean in those pics?
Might have dropped a couple of kegs, his time trial result shows the rewards.
With his skillset (and hopefully McCartin being in the forward 50 all year) the ability to get up the ground and burn around the forward 50 opening up space will be super for us.

Timmy Membrey has always been a huge lad. Anyone think he is looking really lean in those pics?
With his skillset (and hopefully McCartin being in the forward 50 all year) the ability to get up the ground and burn around the forward 50 opening up space will be super for us.

I wonder if they'll look at moving him into the midfield a bit more this year? Not that you want him out of the forward line too often, but with the embarrassment of riches we have there, might Tim be used in the odd centre bounce?

Someone said the club want him to be 4kg's lighter by round 1 and he apparently dropped a bit of weight last preseason as well. Guessing we want him to do a lot more of lead-up work, leaving Bruce and Paddy in behind him inside 50 more.

I wonder if they'll look at moving him into the midfield a bit more this year? Not that you want him out of the forward line too often, but with the embarrassment of riches we have there, might Tim be used in the odd centre bounce?
I wouldn't be against every now and again. Sort of like Breust at the Hawks, the odd burst.
But I think we have too many players competing for that mid time. Steele, Billings, Mav, Gresh, Sincs etc all also coming off that forwardline into mid minutes. I'd rather have him roam higher from the 50 but stay forward where he had an immense impact last year.

He Might even start with the oppositions best defender at times so the ability to push up the ground will make his game even stronger.

With rotations from the midfield I reckon we'll see (at various times) any and all of Weller, Gresham, Acres, Membrey, Steele, Stevens, Armitage, Billings, Riewoldt, Steven, Wright, Lonie, Minchington and Sinclair rotating through the forward line as small to medium types, and maybe even Long and McKenzie as well.

That's 16 blokes.

The aim seems to be to have two key pillars and then multiple dangerous attacking options to stretch opposition defensive structures; the emphasis seems to be on slimming down, which indicates they are prioritising movement over bulk.

I wouldn't be against every now and again. Sort of like Breust at the Hawks, the odd burst.
But I think we have too many players competing for that mid time. Steele, Billings, Mav, Gresh, Sincs etc all also coming off that forwardline into mid minutes. I'd rather have him roam higher from the 50 but stay forward where he had an immense impact last year.

He Might even start with the oppositions best defender at times so the ability to push up the ground will make his game even stronger.
One thing is for sure... he's been an absolute steal for us. Brilliant recruiting.

he ran off the wing into the middle a bit towards the end of last season and I suspect this will be a bigger part of his game next year. He's really clean below his knees so might be a chance to see some midfield time.

he ran off the wing into the middle a bit towards the end of last season and I suspect this will be a bigger part of his game next year. He's really clean below his knees so might be a chance to see some midfield time.

This was the one thing that stood out watching him live last year, he was rarely beaten for speed and agility when the ball hit the deck. He seems to have that natural ability to know where the ball is going to drop too. Christ if he has dropped a few more kgs that's a nightmare match up for defensive structures.

It also seemed as though clubs were very Bruce conscious this season, especially early on, often playing the #1 defender on him. If floss McCartin can get some consistency, Bruce and Members will run rampant across HF.

That excited..

Back