2016 Non Crows AFL Discussion thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the AFL and the Commission have shown they are no where near the best. Couldn't make a decision to save their life, hand ball decision making at every opportunity.

If these under-performers can negotiate huge TV rights deals what does that say.

IMO the game sells itself.

We may disagree with the AFL and rubbish a lot of their decisions, but one thing we cannot fault is they keep hitting their KPI's and Executives are judged on KPI's not public opinions.

Who is setting the KPIs?

Are falling crowds in Melbourne one of them?
Don't know who setting them, but record Television deals, Increase viewing audience, Profitability, They must be doing something right.
Not supporting the AFL as I don't trust them to what's best for Football Australia wide, but their Executive management team is ticking more boxes than they are getting crosses.

Don't know who setting them, but record Television deals, Increase viewing audience, Profitability, They must be doing something right.
Not supporting the AFL as I don't trust them to what's best for Football Australia wide, but their Executive management team is ticking more boxes than they are getting crosses.
Reduced crowds
Team gone rogue with supplement saga
Brisbane basket case
Couldn't get teams to relocate and bastardised competition by introducing 2 more teams
Coach done for tanking but not club
Took over a year to act on Whitfield and only then once busted
Academy picks leading to draft manipulation

The list goes on, the game is growing inspite of the AFL because Australians love Aussie rules but they would love it more if ****heads weren't running it

I wonder how much of a pay rise the administrators got when the new TV deal came in?

I still can't understand why the debate is "the players don't deserve to get a big pay rise, imagine if you asked your boss for a 20% pay rise for not doing anything extra!
" as opposed to "there is a shitload of extra cash, how does it get divided up?"
Lets extend this argument ......players are putting on the show are they? .....ok consider this:

1. The AFL was built up over a couple of decades, well b4 these guys were born ......yet they want the fruits of past players efforts

2. Supporters follow clubs .....Dangerfield leaves the Crows, membership grows, and a new cult hero replaces him .....on that basis why is Dangerfield deserve a 20% increase if his departure has no effect commercially ?

3. Essendon lose 12 of their best players for season 2016 ......IIRC the team still played, and was supported ......supporters follow clubs, and that will be more evident as more and more players seek trades & move clubs

4. If players put on the show ......just ask supporters if they're prepared to pay an increase premium of 20% on their memberships, so the Dangerfields of this world can get paid $1.2M rather than the paltry $800K he's paid now ......how he survives amazes me :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reduced crowds
Brisbane basket case
Couldn't get teams to relocate and bastardised competition by introducing 2 more teams

The list goes on, the game is growing in spite of the AFL because Australians love Aussie rules but they would love it more if ****heads weren't running it

Unfortunately, it does not that way at the executive level, Everyone that has left the AFL executive level has moved into higher paid jobs a few have been head hunted.
And every one of that issue you have to mention a good wordsmith would turn into a positive. ie
Crowd support is rising.
Western Bulldogs rise to the Flag showcase as a win for the AFL and equalisation.
Expansion to new markets new viewers and more sponsors
After all, they are like Pollies,

But one thing they have done is grown the game along with revenue that is steadily climbing, they are attracting more viewers, in every market. And 1 decision they made this year will increase the AFL holding considerable.
Like I said I don't believe they doing the best thing for football, but If I was shareholder or Investor I would be happy with the return.
But as a Supporter, I am not happy with what they are doing. Which to be Honest does not affect them one bit.

Reduced crowds
Brisbane basket case

The list goes on, the game is growing inspite of the AFL because Australians love Aussie rules but they would love it more if ****heads weren't running it
Adding another one to the list - Allowed Port to choose teal.

Teal. Think about that.

Last edited:
Reduced crowds
Brisbane basket case

IMG_3454.JPG

This is quite unprecedented in global pro sports.

Why do you assume that it must be fair and proper when it is so unusual?

unprecedented? I doubt it. Most CEOs of pro sporting organisations keep their salary hidden for a reason.

Unfortunately, it does not that way at the executive level, Everyone that has left the AFL executive level has moved into higher paid jobs a few have been head hunted.
And every one of that issue you have to mention a good wordsmith would turn into a positive. ie
Crowd support is rising.
Western Bulldogs rise to the Flag showcase as a win for the AFL and equalisation.
Expansion to new markets new viewers and more sponsors
After all, they are like Pollies,

But one thing they have done is grown the game along with revenue that is steadily climbing, they are attracting more viewers, in every market. And 1 decision they made this year will increase the AFL holding considerable.
Like I said I don't believe they doing the best thing for football, but If I was shareholder or Investor I would be happy with the return.
But as a Supporter, I am not happy with what they are doing. Which to be Honest does not affect them one bit.

I don't think that Vlad went onto anything bigger and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back