2017 Byes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Your bye strategy can either make or break your overall year. Planning well ahead for byes also saves trades during this time and helps ensure you still have some for finals. Do you set up starting round1? Do you build towards it 5 or 6 weeks out? Maybe the last week of byes you're planning to be full premo and intend to do 3 sideways prem trades chasing the pointy end of overall rankings.
What's yours?

Last edited:
Your bye strategy can either make or break your overall year. Planning well ahead for byes also saves trades during this time and helps ensure you still have some for finals. Do you set up starting round1? Do you build towards it 5 or 6 weeks out? Maybe the last week of byes you're planning to be full premo and intend to do 3 sideways prem trades chasing the pointy end of overall rankings.
What's yours?
ignore the shitty round 9 bye for PA/GC
and who knows for the others...

1st week - GC Port which should not be too painful.
No trades.

2nd bye week - St Kilda,Western Bulldogs,Sydney Swans,Brisbane Lions,Carlton,Melbourne.
3 trades 2 upgrades.

3rd bye week -North Melbourne, Richmond,West Coast Eagles,Geelong Cats.
1 or 2 trades. Maybe 1 upgrade or cash build.

4th bye week -Adelaide Crows,GWS Giants,Collingwood,Essendon,Fremantle,
Hawthorn
3 sideways premo trades

Done!

1st week - GC Port which should not be too painful.
No trades.

2nd bye week - St Kilda,Western Bulldogs,Sydney Swans,Brisbane Lions,Carlton,Melbourne.
3 trades 2 upgrades.

3rd bye week -North Melbourne, Richmond,West Coast Eagles,Geelong Cats.
1 or 2 trades. Maybe 1 upgrade or cash build.

4th bye week -Adelaide Crows,GWS Giants,Collingwood,Essendon,Fremantle,
Hawthorn
3 sideways premo trades

Done!

2nd week
Sexy Robbie, if more interested in Football than hair.

3rd week
Pridda, killed second 1/2 of season,

4th bringath forth though premo, haloluha!!

At least I will have a full forward line in Round 12. Not sure I will have a forward from any of these clubs? Geelong, North, Richmond, West Coast.
A fair few will have Caddy, that's about it I reckon.

This is generally how i deal with the bye structure...

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently going in with a 5/11/5/9 setup so ill be looking to trade some round 11 bye rookies up to round 9 or 12 guns like Jelwood, Goldy, Rance, GAJ etc and that should give me a pretty even spread. I didn't make any decisions regarding my starting team based on byes so with that considered i think i have got a pretty good setup. Now i bet everything will turn to s**t once injuries happen!

Jeez just did the SC Gold bye round thing and noticed my premos are mostly even through these rounds, sweet as.:thumbsu:

I just had a look at mine and my defence is stuffed round 11. I think I have 1 premo and 1 rookie at the moment!

Come on guys you know what the stock standard answer players would give.
"I'm not looking that far ahead as I only take it one week at a time."

Is round 12 best 18? Might try loading up on some rd 12 premos to maximize numbers for rounds 11 and 13.

Is round 12 best 18? Might try loading up on some rd 12 premos to maximize numbers for rounds 11 and 13.
Dont forget to register for BF SC leagues.

I've done some tweaking to my team without necessarily thinking about the byes too much.

But now I look at it and see I have 21, 23 and 20 playing throigh the bye weeks. I like that structure. Now I just have to hope the rookies do the right thing and actually get games!

i'll look at it and get a basic structure in place re premos. then look seriously once i have a better idea about rookies playing. might try and stack a few in hte latter bye round and trade hard going into the last bye round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back