Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempted to trade Seamus to Mullin this week with my 3rd trade. I would do the trade next week anyway.

It gives a 19th score this week, and the extra cash would allow me to potentially make an extra move next week.

Love a good Friday late changes to throw the spanner in the works.

So flipping the script.

Plan is to exit byes with less bottom 4 team players (Sicily the exception plus maybe sheezell.)

Turn them into dropped premo’s.

So bye bye Ziebell with him being topped out and got the feels he will head back down to $480k.
So taking the money and running.

Keeping Wilmont and Ashcroft as R14/15 playing players. Much needed.

And getting rid of Seamus and Sharp also.

Bring in Macrae + Briggs + Ford.

And make a little bit of bank.

Plan means less trades needed over byes by 2 plus 2 cash cows.

Just gonna play the BE’s to get to finished side.

This Seamus thing really does screw with my plans now.

Problem with bringing JDG in is that I won't be able to make another upgrade until Round 15, as my last two upgrades (Cameron and Oliver) have the R14 bye.

If I grabbed DC instead of JDG this week, it'd give me some more flexibility (i.e. get a different mid after their bye), but I really wanted to see Cameron in form again before he returned to my team, as he's already burnt me once this year.

Might just sleep on it/observe how Cincotta goes. If Cincotta is crap, the extra premo score will be handy, but if he pulls out an 80 or something, it might be worth just holding off for now.

S.Mitchell out now instead of Ratkins. Hoping that Atkins can make a bit of $ as its going to be tight next round as im hoping to do Humphrey & Atkins > Neale + rookie

I have basically no money in the bank so if i want Neale i need Humphrey and Atkins to score reasonably well.

Trades are Ashcroft/Ginbey/S.Mitchell > Macrae, DC & Ford

Here's what my full team looks like if I bring JDG in.

View attachment 1702617

Final two upgrades will be Oliver and Cameron
This is me after trades this week bringing me down to 10 also.

Screenshot_20230602_174707_Chrome.jpg

Pendels could become DC for ruck cover.

Your team has been my favourite this season, love the uber premo trade ins. I'm going down the dirt road looking for any cheap ex premos who want a good time.

View attachment 1702640

Your team has been my favourite this season, love the uber premo trade ins. I'm going down the dirt road looking for any cheap ex premos who want a good time.
Yeah, decided quality would be my trade-in path this year. Unfortunately deviated from that when I grabbed Day, which I'm suffering for doing now haha.

Yours is looking solid - only Ashcroft and Humphrey as on-field rooks at this stage (byes aside) is handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth trading Seamus out instead of Atkins now?
Thats what im doing. Hoping Atkins can score another 60+ and make a bit of money or at least break even.

I have changed my trades though. Going to go with a POD in Salem

Ashcroft, Ginbey & S.Mitchell > Petracca, Salem & Ford

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 5.56.01 pm.png

View attachment 1702640

We'll all going end up with very similar teams after these byes, maybe just 3-4 different players at most o_O

1685691894143.png

Hollands to Ford is locked in.
13 trades, 1 boost and 181k in the bank.

My bye planning has been a bit lacklustre to say the least. But here we are, bye for footy tomorrow, beer in hand ready to watch Cripps spud his way to 81.

4 upgrades left - 2 MIDS, then either 1 FWD/1 DEF or moving Ziebell back 2 FWDS.

Upgrade targets:
Neale
Warner?
JDG?
Doc
DCameron
Gulden

I will likely require cheaper options to make it all work with the limited cash generation.

With a few dead rookies (Roberts, Drury, Constable) is it worthwhile trading one of them to Wardlaw/Briggs this week?

Alternatively I could upgrade Wilmot or even Ashcroft.

Bye Rounds:
18 this week (pending additional trade)
22 next week (only Stewart and Humphrey missing)
16 (counting only likely rookies)
11 premo (plus 6-7 rookeis uncertain who will be traded etc)

Looks like I am a bit farked for Round 15 (like most others)

Last edited:
Ya'll non SC Plus'ers are aware of this website yeah? \

I use it a fair bit but its the same as SC regarding BE's for players with the bye........doesn't show the BE if the player has the bye...

Yours is looking solid - only Ashcroft and Humphrey as on-field rooks at this stage (byes aside) is handy
Only possible by downgrading Ziebell this week for Ridley. Honestly, I am expecting a similar output. However, the funds used to upgrade Seamus to one of the pies duo, makes any points loss from the downgrade worth it.

DC for me is more important about the DPP than anything. You know he will return an 85+ average. I am not expecting 100, but 90 will do fine.

Pendels pretty much tons up every game he plays. That sort of consistency is hard to come by at his price. Titch has also been very very consistent @ 520k. JDG is the better option of the lot though.

Might actually hold Seamus this week, as he won’t lose money and I’m fine for fielding the minimum with or without him.

He could potentially be back next week, or, failing that, in time for the dreaded 15.

Same here.

Also holding cash in bank this week, so that I can do a double upgrade next week and bring in 2x R12 bye premos.

God speed for the byes, lads, it’s been nice knowing you

IMG_7657.gif

Last edited:
Ziebell > Darcy Cameron: viable or too clever by half?

Helps bye balance.
Cameron may lose some value but has a very beneficial matchup this week
Predicated on Ziebell slowing up / being impacted by Hall /...
Frees up funds to be used elsewhere.

Interested in others' thoughts.

Tempted to trade Seamus to Mullin this week with my 3rd trade. I would do the trade next week anyway.

It gives a 19th score this week, and the extra cash would allow me to potentially make an extra move next week.
Honestly wouldn't, mate
Catters bye next week, quite a few potential ins to return in short term (and topliners at that).
Would not do it until he's on the bubble, and even then only if other options don't present.
Not a knock on him, looked really nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back