Preview 2017 Summer of Tennis/Aus Open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes they are but i heard Nishikori did something a similar and i can't see them disqualify Federer or Sir Murray for the same thing.
I haven't seen the Nishikori one but from what I read he batted away a loose ball to the side.

The junior pulled a ball from her shorts and in frustration smacked it off court.

Seems different to me if the first incident occurred as it reads.

Even players like McEnroe have been DQd in the Australian Open so it's a bit far to say top players are immune.

Only one behind the Great Margaret Court i hope she never gets there.

Nadal vs Federer final is quite incredible really, the tv viewers worldwide will be huge, it's great for the Aus Open and tennis. I thought Dimitrov was sensational in the way he conducted himself after the five set loss, one to watch for sure.

Disagree a bit. Australians like an underdog and people who pay big money to see a final want it to last longer than an hour. Women's final should go to five.
Arguably, womens tennis should go to 5.

They get the same prize money etc for playing half as many sets.

They're pro athletes, not little kids. Theres no reason they should play a shortened form.

Djokovic played 2 less sets than Williams did and he got knocked out in the Round of 64.

Federer if his game goes to 4 sets tomorrow will have played twice as much tennis as Williams did.

Last edited:
Arguably, womens tennis should go to 5.

They get the same prize money etc for playing half as many sets.

They're pro athletes, not little kids. Theres no reason they should play a shortened form.

Djokovic played 2 less sets than Williams did and he got knocked out in the Round of 64.

Federer if his game goes to 4 sets tomorrow will have played twice as much tennis as Williams did.

From memory the women are in favour of playing five but it's more a logistical issue for the events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serena is a ridiculously successful athlete. I maintain she's actually underrated, her record obliterates the top men but it's somehow dismissed with some ignorant focus on her size and power rather than acknowledging her as an all round dominant mentally tough athlete.

Kudos to Venus for clawing back to a final.

Good commentary and interviewing from Stubbs. Almost made up for Hamishs tripe and Basils God awful attempt at mc'ing. Didn't even go for something as classy as palm cards, opting for a folded piece of A4. Not like it's going around the world or anything.

Serena is a ridiculously successful athlete. I maintain she's actually underrated, her record obliterates the top men but it's somehow dismissed with some ignorant focus on her size and power rather than acknowledging her as an all round dominant mentally tough athlete.

Good commentary and interviewing from Stubbs. Almost made up for Hamishs tripe and Basils God awful attempt at mc'ing. Didn't even go for something as classy as palm cards, opting for a folded piece of A4. Not like it's going around the world or anything.

It is genuinely embarrassing that Basil Zempilas is broadcast to the world as a commentator/MC of one of our country's largest sporting events.

How does he continually demonstrate his profound incompetence in every jobs he does for 7 yet still keep his job? It's baffling.

Its not the athleticism that's the issue.

It is genuinely embarrassing that Basil Zempilas is broadcast to the world as a commentator/MC of one of our country's largest sporting events.

How does he continually demonstrate his profound incompetence in every jobs he does for 7 yet still keep his job? It's baffling.

"Michael Jackson wore number 23" - Basil Zempilas

Must have photos.

She is the Greg Williams equivalent to me of the tennis world...great player...great athlete...but when it goes to s**t it really goes to s**t...petulant displays...abusive towards umpires...and then wins and it's all smiles.

Agree, she lost me after threatening the umpire in the US open years ago. All that said I don't get into tennis that much due to not being able to relate to most of the players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back