Prediction 2017 Captaincy (and fallout) - Breaking News : feZZa93

Who will be captain?

• Mundy

Votes: 36 22.9%
  • Fyfe

Votes: 109 69.4%
  • Spurr (hey, a buddy's gotta do what a buddy's gotta do)

Votes: 12 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure Reg is referring to him leaving
I'm sure you're wrong.

I don't think Fyfe has his head in the right place yet to be a leader of men, but we're going to find out.

I'm sure you're wrong.

I don't think Fyfe has his head in the right place yet to be a leader of men, but we're going to find out.
Think the men that voted him in would be a pretty good judge. Plus the leadership training that goes into the role these days will help him along the way. It's not like it was back in Buck's day. He won't be left to his own devices.

Why do you say that? Because he hasn't signed up yet. I wasn't attacking you ffs, it's a valid opinion.
I didn't say you were attacking me, just that you were wrong. In my humble opinion, which is just as valid, Fyfe doesn't have the necessary maturity.

I didn't say you were attacking me, just that you were wrong. In my humble opinion, which is just as valid, Fyfe doesn't have the necessary maturity.
Fair enough, This may well be the case.

He'll do either one of two things. Grow into the role and lift people up around him, and inspire them to play together for each other to absolute best of their ability.
Or he'll be a petulant Brendan Goddard clone, who bemoans his teammates on the field and fractures the playing group going forward.

Personally I think it's 70/30. With the 70% being the 1st option.

With the Freo rumour mill churning overtime the last few months it'll be interesting to see how the wider public view the appointment.

Opposition supporters may toe the 'Freo hate 'im but need 'im' line - others may argue Mundy wasn't give a fair shake of the sauce bottle under the tough circumstances, Freo supporters may even suggest he's not ready, or that ability doesn't necessarily reflect leadership etc etc.

Facts are that last year he didn't get the nod, and this year he has. As usual we can only speculate but maybe, just maybe he truly wasn't ready for it before and maybe he now is. Maybe he truly earned respect for his off-field work last year (as opposed to the Frodo-Fyfe mud-wrestling match theory). Maybe Mundy's a great player and leader but does his best work off the spotlight.

In any event - premiership a'coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Freo rumour mill churning overtime the last few months it'll be interesting to see how the wider public view the appointment.

Opposition supporters may toe the 'Freo hate 'im but need 'im' line - others may argue Mundy wasn't give a fair shake of the sauce bottle under the tough circumstances, Freo supporters may even suggest he's not ready, or that ability doesn't necessarily reflect leadership etc etc.

Facts are that last year he didn't get the nod, and this year he has. As usual we can only speculate but maybe, just maybe he truly wasn't ready for it before and maybe he now is. Maybe he truly earned respect for his off-field work last year (as opposed to the Frodo-Fyfe mud-wrestling match theory). Maybe Mundy's a great player and leader but does his best work off the spotlight.

In any event - premiership a'coming.
Media will spin it as Freo 'desperate' to retain Fyfe's services and have made him captain in a bid to keep him.

Fyfes hair..... Good lord

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
21nmq95.jpg

Fyfe the Redeemer

Back