Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because right now that Franklin contract is costing them players they would otherwise keep, and that's directly from the mouth of the father of a Swan's Premiership player.

And yet since his arrival they are still producing young talent like Henney, Mills, Aliir and Papley. You've got to give some to get some...

But again, my point is again getting lost on you, no one but you are taking 3 Vickery types over Nathan Fyfe!

And yet since his arrival they are still producing young talent like Henney, Mills, Aliir and Papley. You've got to give some to get some...

But again, my point is again getting lost on you, no one but you are taking 3 Vickery types over Nathan Fyfe!
Let it go Elsa, let it go! You are struggling to embrace the fact that you are fighting a losing battle.

How Hawthorn traded last year is very Fremantle like and no one is envious of that s**t...
Nobody is envious of trading out two ageing players and getting two genuine midfield guns?
Don't get me wrong, Sammy would be amazing to have this year but seriously how many more years does he have? Lewis was stagnant for mine for the last couple years and instead of having either of them decline on our watch we have picked up two young mids. One of which is proven quality and the other which (some had rated in his draft) possibly the best young player ever seen?

Whilst I agree that Salary Cap will be an ongoing challenge, didn't teams like Geelong and Hawthorn convince their players to take pay cuts for the benefit of on-field success?

We're developing a great culture at our club. Yes, we've lost some young stars through this exact issue, but I'm confident that has somewhat leveled out now.

Regardless of whether or not we lose one or a number of players, I just don't see us having the dynasty of all dynasties. A lot of things have to go right. If we don't win one flag with this list, I'd be disappointed though.

'Convinced' to stay on for a smaller contract doesn't mean much when there are so many ways to make sneaky payments outside of the cap like arranging spokesperson jobs or just flat out doing what Essendon did with Lloyd back in 2000.

Nobody is envious of trading out two ageing players and getting two genuine midfield guns?
Don't get me wrong, Sammy would be amazing to have this year but seriously how many more years does he have? Lewis was stagnant for mine for the last couple years and instead of having either of them decline on our watch we have picked up two young mids. One of which is proven quality and the other which (some had rated in his draft) possibly the best young player ever seen?

Haha you say that like it was a straight trade, SMitchell and Lewis for TMitchell and O'Meara.

Chris Judd on board as director. Daisy, Jones on the way out. I wonder if 1.5 mln over six years will get him excited. $9 million dollar deal.

How are you not getting this?

Hawthorn have already done the "3 vickerys instead of 1 Fyfe" when they targeted numerous B or C graders while building a team that would go on to win 3 flags, instead of trying to bring in 1 superstar.

Other clubs could well choose to put all their eggs in one basket and offer Fyfe the world, but you've really got to stop pretending like clubs deciding to spend less money on more players instead of throwing it all at one player is such a far fetched idea.

How are you not getting this?

Hawthorn have already done the "3 vickerys instead of 1 Fyfe" when they targeted numerous B or C graders while building a team that would go on to win 3 flags, instead of trying to bring in 1 superstar.

Other clubs could well choose to put all their eggs in one basket and offer Fyfe the world, but you've really got to stop pretending like clubs deciding to spend less money on more players instead of throwing it all at one player is such a far fetched idea.
That seems to imply that clubs aren't able to do both though. St Kilda seems like a pretty good example against that, we've recruited numerous players from other clubs that have gone on to become important cogs in our first team, yet we still have the ability to afford a Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems to imply that clubs aren't able to do both though. St Kilda seems like a pretty good example against that, we've recruited numerous players from other clubs that have gone on to become important cogs in our first team, yet we still have the ability to afford a Fyfe.
Clubs probably could.

No offense to St Kilda though, but they've not even played finals in recent memory, so it's not really comparable as it makes complete sens e that the Saints have money to burn.

Saints could well make finals, and could well land Fyfe, but ultimately that decision could also bring the list completely undone in years to come should some youngsters demand an increased contract to match their improvement.

As I said earlier, putting all your eggs in one basket when you could instead add 2-3 B or C grade players with the aim of making them better players is pretty risky decision for list managers.

It will be interesting to see just who bites the bullet.

You wonder what he would have done if someone had come to Fremantle at the start of 2016 and were willing to trade them Mitchell and O'Meara for Pav and Mundy.

So we lost them two and a couple picks for top line talent with close to a decade each hopefully of solid footy...

I'd say it's a very good trade off...

Hang on a second, you mortgaged 2 drafts and 2 ageing stars for 2 young stars. Jury is out. Unless you can nab a big free agent, Fyfe or Martin, this year, I can't see it as a positive. The perfect storm right now is you get an amazing free agent, and you legitimately have nothing in return to give. Especially with the 2x first rounders in 4 years policy. Could really railroad the opposition (Richmond or Freo) into accepting the compensation pick only. Miss out on a star this year and it's not a great move.

Must not be a Tiger then.

Clubs desperate for Tiger talent.

Hodgey,Bartel,Murphy,Bontempelli,Fyfey.
You know hope is in short supply when you're forced to claim players as former supporters.

Imagine how good Richmond would be if players just played for their favourite team! OMG! You should start a thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back