Autopsy Fremantle vs Carlton - JLT Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Few good signs but really Carlton are terrible so I think they made us look good when we weren't.

Cam was good in that he actually played like a forward.

It felt like we were handballing it way to much.

Winning is good.

(1) Ibbotson had a good game and has probably booked himself a spot against Geelong.
(2) Griffin will get first shot at the ruck / forward role
(3) McCarthy did some promising things
(4) Langdon looks like he will be a best 22 for the year.
(5) Honestly I don't get Weller back and Blakely forward.

Thoughts after the game
- Cam McCarthy kicking a handy bag of 6 is such a beautiful thing to watch even if it is just a preseason game.
- Fyfe was outstanding and it didn't even look like he was giving his all.
- Logue didn't look out of place at all and how about that kick from outside 50. Hope he gets consistent games throughout the year. Love the look of him.
- Neale, Hill, Mundy, Ibbotson all had solid games.
- Need to tighten up the screws in defence, Dawson was alright but a couple dumb free kicks against always frustrates.
- Blakely needs to tidy up his kicking and rinse the butter of his fingers. Too many fumbles and shanks from him but aside from that he played a good game. Playing more forward might have put him off.
- Griffin's playing well and taking marks which is a massive deal. Hope he stays in form throughout the season.
- Ballantyne's injury :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:

- Cam Mc proving why GWS didn't want to let him go
- Nat Fyfe
- Ed Langdon
- Igbo - Thought he was alright

Probs some more in here

Negatives:

- Absolute gutter s**t entries into the fwd 50
- Turnovers
- Carlton are so terrible I am about to chuck my life savings on them never winning a game...ever again for the remainder of recorded ******* history
- 1 tackle for Weller - needs to show more
- Ballas injury

Neutral:

Logue - He looked very out of place tonight. He needs a lot of work. Logue looked like me when I am wearing shoes which are too small for me: Very uncomfortable. Logue needs a lot of work, but so did Neo in the Matrix and he ended up defeating Agent Smith so maybe Logue defeats Suban at the end of the year???

I liked the bit of agro shown early, few players let Carlton know about it after Fyfe got caught HTB. The Cats and Hawks always protect their stars.

I was surprised by how well McCarthy went. Just a natural forward. Shame for you guys GWS stiffed you in '15 as part of a dick swinging contest.

What is also a shame is that he won't play alongside Pavlich.

I mean as in having all the skills to burn but not coming on as one would like?
Oh right. Nah I think he's coming along nicely as a third year player IMO, I reckon he has the most talent out of all our third year players, just needs to keep up the work rate. Should hold his spot this year unless injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back