Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Liverpool thing is a bit disappointing but we can't be everything.
Man U for me, and that's even when we were on 7 titles, I loved the stories about the Busby babes

Have you seen the 'keane and vieira: best of enemies' film. You'd enjoy it. Highly recommend it.

May I jump in??
It depends on how valuable he is as a player to our club. If he becomes a gun and a key player.. I'd trade him for a good pick. If he's where he is now as a player and he did it again I'd keep him and play him and wait till he gets some currency and THEN I'd trade him. Collingwood Football Club is a business.. in the business of winning games of football.

Getting a Football team to head in the same direction is like walking on a tightrope!

The best teams (Cats/Hawks/Sydney) have the ability to make the least mistakes on that said tightrope along the journey.

It will get a lot worse if we trade out every player who gets into some offield trouble or has "issues" or a falling out with the coach. We will always lose on the trade in these circumstances. We can't afford to be this sanctimonious!
Yep

Mate De Goey is expected to be the first one to arrive and the last one to leave according to Barrett.. some days hell have to spend 14 hrs at the club.. 100 hrs of community service.. alcohol ban.

Yeah punish the boy.. but seriously what the hell is that. That's inhumane and impinges on one's civil liberties as far as I'm concerned.

It will test his commitment to cause that's all..........well done Pies!

Balls in your court now De Goey!

Getting a Football team to head in the same direction is like walking on a tightrope!

The best teams (Cats/Hawks/Sydney) have the ability to make the least mistakes on that said tightrope along the journey.
Lol, I get it. That's your Mick Malthouse guru gibberish impersonation.. Nailed it :thumbsu:

You are being hysterical here! I felt this anger when I first found out too... but then you clam down and rationalize a bit... don't you?
Have you never been in a fight Picaboo? Have you never punched anyone? Have you never lied to cover up for your own actions?
If you did... do you forgive yourself?
Do you think Degoey intentionally had all this happen or something?
I am very rational. The others are in fact emotional and show weakness.
Fights meh. Hardly. Last one probably when I was 15. I knew where to draw the line after that.
Lie not to hurt others. Many many times.
Lie to cover up in the knowledge that everything I do is widely reported. Nope haven't done that. Lie so that other people were made look stupid and embarrassed . Nope didn’t do that either.
And I have never been an AFplayer or coach either.
Do I think JdG wanted this to happen. I mentioned before that he made 3 decisions; to go out, to punch and to lie. All 3 of them with an outcome that when s**t happens , he will be deep in it. He accepted that risk .

It will get a lot worse if we trade out every player who gets into some offield trouble or has "issues" or a falling out with the coach. We will always lose on the trade in these circumstances. We can't afford to be this sanctimonious!

He will be traded if he doesn't clean up his act. It's up to him.

According to Eddie this morning Jordan is claiming he did in self defence and also claims he hadn't had a drink. Basically just walked into the bar and some bloke had a crack at him.

I'm not saying this is true btw, just that what JDG claims.
Yeah, I believe every word he says. He's a stand up guy. Would never tell a lie to get himself out of strife......

It will test his commitment to cause that's all..........well done Pies!

Balls in your court now De Goey!

I dunno.. hope he plays well in a coupla mths time.. at the end of the day.. the greatest satisfaction comes from watching our boys play good footy out there.

I am very rational. The others are in fact emotional and show weakness.
Fights meh. Hardly. Last one probably when I was 15. I knew where to draw the line after that.
Lie not to hurt others. Many many times.
Lie to cover up in the knowledge that everything I do is widely reported. Nope haven't done that. Lie so that other people were made look stupid and embarrassed . Nope didn’t do that either.
And I have never been an AFplayer or coach either.
Do I think JdG wanted this to happen. I mentioned before that he made 3 decisions; to go out, to punch and to lie. All 3 of them with an outcome that when s**t happens , he will be deep in it. He accepted that risk .
Anyway you taught me something tonight. Dutch people CAN actually get angry and be irrational. The bad news for you and your cat, is that you are feeling this way and the season hasn't even started yet and you've yet to have the pleasure of watching us implode on the field.

I would atleast tolerate trading out if we got something good back, but when you trade out ad get nothing in return like we did for both Cloke and Williams we just throwing away everything we invested into them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this sentiment and I think it's something we have had a big issue with under Buckley. But the Degoey punishment had to happen. You can;t let something like that slide. When you fk up that badly you cop a whack and that's what's happened here. I just hope it's not used as an excuse to trade him out for pick 105 at the end of the year

And to be honest, the guy hasn't got the credits others have. Even before this incident, he had a lot to prove. Shaw, Didak, Hodge, Cantona.....they weren't still trying to prove themselves. DeGoey has yet to achieve anything and still needs to cement his spot in the team.

I would atleast tolerate trading out if we got something good back, but when you trade out ad get nothing in return like we did for both Cloke and Williams we just throwing away everything we invested into them.
yep.. our trading strategy has "Lehman Brothers" written all over it.

I mentioned before that he made 3 decisions; to go out, to punch and to lie.

It was his 21st I can look the other way for that, the other two how are poor and he deserves the punishment he gets for it. Once he serves he heals its up to him to respond in the vfl for three weeks and hopefully push into the AFL team, fire and put this behind him.

OMG, please not the Cloke and Williams trade again!

And to be honest, the guy hasn't got the credits others have. Even before this incident, he had a lot to prove. Shaw, Didak, Hodge, Cantona.....they weren't still trying to prove themselves. DeGoey has yet to achieve anything and still needs to cement his spot in the team.
which is my point.. we'd get nothing for him! He was pick 5!

Anyway you taught me something tonight. Dutch people CAN actually get angry and be irrational. The bad news for you and your cat, is that you are feeling this way and the season hasn't even started yet and you've yet to have the pleasure of watching us implode on the field.
You mean us Dutchies have morals that we think are worth fighting for. Yes we do in fact. Honesty is one of them. I won't go into further anthropological analysis as I don’t want to embarass others that don't feel as strong about that concept.
Apart from that, it is very simple. He f*ed up and should take responsibility. Saying sorry in a video isn't going to cut it.
My cat sits next to me enjoying a well deserved tummy rub. And compared to my Twitter account I am quite mild here on BF.
Still looking forward to Friday and the rest of the season. We can do without JdG but it shouldn't have to be this way. And we all know that .

You mean us Dutchies have morals that we think are worth fighting for. Yes we do in fact. Honesty is one of them. I won't go into further anthropological analysis as I don’t want to embarass others that don't feel as strong about that concept.
Apart from that, it is very simple. He f*ed up and should take responsibility. Saying sorry in a video isn't going to cut it.
My cat sits next to me enjoying a well deserved tummy rub. And compared to my Twitter account I am quite mild here on BF.
Still looking forward to Friday and the rest of the season. We can do without JdG but it shouldn't have to be this way. And we all know that .
I've always thought you Dutchies are wonderful people. So calm, rational, well mannered, cultured, speak better English than the English. But mainly because you invented gin.

Funny thing is I am very passionate about honesty too. But mainly in the public/political sphere where it really matters to peoples lives. Like when they lie to us about why we are going to invade a country in which tens of thousands die (and the media go along with the lie). When it comes to a dumb 21 year old football player lying to save his arse because he got in a punch up... it doesn't really arouse anywhere near the same level of passion for me. That's my perspective.

For me Bomber said it perfectly tonight on 360. He basically said Bucks has every right to be disappointed but went on to say the kid was a good kid, he will learn from his mistake and at the end of the day the kid can really play! He also said he liked the kid had a bit of mongrel, can't have a team of clean skins. Well that's my interpretation of what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back