2017 AFL Womens Grand Final - Brisbane v Adelaide, Metricon Stadium, 12.55pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Should win the MVP, but the AFL has spent a lot of money promoting Daisy Pearce, so ... :rolleyes:

Pearce is very good; Phillips is like Pearce V2.0.

I've only seen a few games and by all reports Pearce had a very good year. But Phillips was sensational, all the skills, gutsy, kicks either foot, strong overhead and a goalkicker too.
I really liked the Bulldogs pair of Carney and Blackburn too.

Adelaide have never lost a GF

And Megan :)
Brisbane unbeaten all season... could you imagine if they lost their first game in the big dance....... the pressure is on them....

mj-laughing.gif

The Suns/Govt of Qld etc did a fantastic job organising the game at such short notice and making it the big deal it was. Qlders now know that there is AFL in their state, and got right behind the girls and game.

Not the result I wanted, but nevertheless, was a great game and am very proud of my girls and all they achieved.

Congrats to the Crows, well played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic game to end a fantastic season.

Can't believe the season is over!! Time to go back to the men's which is a bummer.

Well done to the afl for creating this league. I'm finally so proud to be a woman that like football. I've never felt so accepted in a game as I have the women's games.
For the haters, this league isn't going anywhere. So hate it and try to bring it down all you want. While we immerse ourselves in the joy that is the AFLW you can sit behind your keyboards venting your frustration that women are killing it and others are loving it.

Can't wait for next season!

Anyone questioning whether this is worth it or not needs to watch Sarah Perkins' interview straight after the match, incredibly impressive.
Ignore them. They aren't worth a second of thought.

Having seen young girls kicking a football when they ordinarily wouldn't have around is enough. First year of a comp, not everything is in place, the quality will only get better.

Phillips is a superstar but some of the free kicks she wins annoys me to the no end. Every Adelaide game I've watched this season she always seems to get a in the back free by collapsing to the ground, or god forbid I say this as a Bulldogs supporter, ducking and winning high free kicks.

Anyone questioning whether this is worth it or not needs to watch Sarah Perkins' interview straight after the match, incredibly impressive.

I loved the cheer from that strongly pro-Brisbane crowd when her name was called. Also the Brisbane supporters hanging around to congratulate the Crows players - respect to them!

I loved the cheer from that strongly pro-Brisbane crowd when her name was called. Also the Brisbane supporters hanging around to congratulate the Crows players - respect to them!

We are a nice lot:D

How could you not like her....she seems a lovely young lady, speaks very well and who did it very very hard to get to where she has. Massive effort. Huge respect:thumbsu:

Fantastic game to end a fantastic season.

Can't believe the season is over!! Time to go back to the men's which is a bummer.

Well done to the afl for creating this league. I'm finally so proud to be a woman that like football. I've never felt so accepted in a game as I have the women's games.
For the haters, this league isn't going anywhere. So hate it and try to bring it down all you want. While we immerse ourselves in the joy that is the AFLW you can sit behind your keyboards venting your frustration that women are killing it and others are loving it.

Can't wait for next season!
I honestly can't get my head around people hating it.
I have a circle of about 30 people l know well who have followed AFL for decades and l haven't heard anything but praise for it. Even my NRL mates love it.

We are a nice lot:D

How could you not like her....she seems a lovely young lady, speaks very well and who did it very very hard to get to where she has. Massive effort. Huge respect:thumbsu:

Reminded me of our first AFL GF win against the Saints where a lot of the neutral and Saints crowd stayed throughout the whole after match stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back