List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs is a quality midfielder and we all know if a non biased supporter was asked, he would rate behind Sloane in our team, to not think he would make our team stronger is insane

No doubt he would have made our Mid stronger, but why can't that also come from an internal progression. Improvement from M Crouch, Atkins, Milera, Cameron etc. We don't have to pay a dime to get those players. If we had Gibbs, and gave up 2 x 1st rounders for him then one of those guys is likely to miss out. We probably end up drawing equal on output anyway based on what we saw on the weekend.

You mean the same time that Sloane Tex Jacobs and Betts or all spiraling downwards?

Yes that's exactly what I mean.

We have no need to bottom out when that happens because our next generation is already so strong.

If we start trading picks for this flag window we're just weakening our next one.

No because it would affect our chances this year of winning a flag, but if this years first (galluci) and next years first were on the table that isnt goint to affect our chances this year!

Remind me if we are talking about getting Gibbs to get us a flag this year?

Gibbs doesn't get us to a flag this year either. You are talking that its a fore gone conclusion that Gibbs = Flag.

I am not saying we should not get Gibbs I am saying he is not worth 2 x 1st rounders. Which Lever & Milera are and the type of quality we would most likely be giving up.

I will put this down now. Gallucci will be every bit as good a player as Gibbs.

Yes that's exactly what I mean.

We have no need to bottom out when that happens because our next generation is already so strong.

If we start trading picks for this flag window we're just weakening our next one.

So we completely miss this one? Just like in the mid 2000s and 2012.
Great, as long as the future looks ok.
Then when it is that "future". Lets no do what we need to, to win here, because we need to look after the future.
And so on and so on and so on. Same story at West Lakes for 15 years

You mean the same time that Sloane Tex Jacobs and Betts or all spiraling downwards?

So Tex and Sloane are 27 and spiraling downwards?

Tell that to Hodge, Mitchell, Enright etc who all played at an elite level into their mid 30s. We have at least 4-5 good years left in those two. Eddie is only 30 as well.

Plus we may have a Gibbs already. The way Douglas played on the weekend was reminiscent of his bnf year. If he can recapture most of that then its like having a new mid after what he produced last year.

So we completely miss this one? Just like in the mid 2000s and 2012.
Great, as long as the future looks ok.
Then when it is that "future". Lets no do what we need to, to win here, because we need to look after the future.
And so on and so on and so on. Same story at West Lakes for 15 years

You mean the 2000's when we sold the farm to bring in our missing link in Wayne Carey? Go take a look at who we lost that we could have gotten with those draft picks and ask how 2012 would have gone with them in our side.

You know most clubs who have over spent on a player who was going to be their salvation have ended up regretting it? I'm betting Carlton wish they still had Kennedy rather than Judd who retired years ago.

Gibbs is a quality midfielder and we all know if a non biased supporter was asked, he would rate behind Sloane in our team, to not think he would make our team stronger is insane

No doubt he improves us, no one is saying he wouldn't improve us, but he doesn't improve us enough to give away 2 first round picks. Only the best players in the competition are worth 2 first round picks, even 2 late first round picks.

I'm betting those people saying 'lets go for a flag now and bottom out later' are the exact same people who would disappear from this forum the first year we finish bottom 4 and not reappear until we made top 8 again.

So Tex and Sloane are 27 and spiraling downwards?

Tell that to Hodge, Mitchell, Enright etc who all played at an elite level into their mid 30s. We have at least 4-5 good years left in those two. Eddie is only 30 as well.

Plus we may have a Gibbs already. The way Douglas played on the weekend was reminiscent of his bnf year. If he can recapture most of that then its like having a new mid after what he produced last year.

They are 27 now yes. But we were talking about a few years time when they would all be early 30s. When their best Footy is behind them

They are 27 now yes. But we were talking about a few years time when they would all be early 30s. When their best Footy is behind them

Woosh, that is the sound of his entire point flying over your head.

You mean the 2000's when we sold the farm to bring in our missing link in Wayne Carey? Go take a look at who we lost that we could have gotten with those draft picks and ask how 2012 would have gone with them in our side.

You know most clubs who have over spent on a player who was going to be their salvation have ended up regretting it? I'm betting Carlton wish they still had Kennedy rather than Judd who retired years ago.

And we are still Gun Shy 17 years later after selling it for the wrong player.
Carey was never what we thought we wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we are still Gun Shy 17 years later after selling it for the wrong player.
Carey was never what we thought we wanted.

Sydney with Tippet and Buddy.

Carlton with Judd (since you ignored it in my last post).

History is littered with clubs that sold the farm for the chosen one who would lead them to a premiership.

You know what the difference is? Judd, Tippet and Buddy were all younger with more potential ahead of them.

Says the bloke who started posting in May 16? When we were up and about?

Yeah that's when I migrated more towards bigfooty. Before that I talked footy mainly on reddit where I moderated the Crows subreddit for quite a few years.

And yet you want to recruit a 28 year old Mid, with Milera/Lever type players, who is not spiraling down yet Sloane & Tex are?

Yes this make complete sense.

Sydney with Tippet and Buddy.

Carlton with Judd (since you ignored it in my last post).

History is littered with clubs that sold the farm for the chosen one who would lead them to a premiership.

You know what the difference is? Judd, Tippet and Buddy were all younger with more potential ahead of them.

I would prefer to have a shot and miss then not take the shot at all.

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

And yet you want to recruit a 28 year old Mid, with Milera/Lever type players, who is not spiraling down yet Sloane & Tex are?

Yes this make complete sense.

Thats because we are topping up NOW. When those blokes are that age in their prime.

Gibbs signing isnt about a few years time. Gibbs signing is a now thing

I would prefer to have a shot and miss then not take the shot at all.

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

Dumb quote that sounds inspiration for about 2 seconds until you actually think about it. Sums up your outlook perfectly.

Explain how we're not even taking a shot without getting Gibbs? We are clearly still taking our shot given we just knocked over the premiership favorites by 50 points.

Dumb quote that sounds inspiration for about 2 seconds until you actually think about it. Sums up your outlook perfectly.

Explain how we're not even taking a shot without getting Gibbs? We are clearly still taking our shot given we just knocked over the premiership favorites by 50 points.

We didnt take the shot because we sat on our hands. The majority of other AFL clubs said they would have bitten the bullet

We didnt take the shot because we sat on our hands. The majority of other AFL clubs said they would have bitten the bullet
Where did they say that? link please.

You'd have to be biting on a bullet because that deal would be so ******* painful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back