Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the racist Crow fan has come forward as yet?

Yet another classic "under the carpet' job done by the franchise across town!

Their mantra: ignore and it will go away
I'm not really sure what you were both expecting?

If the fan can't be identified, there's not a whole lot that can be done.

I'm not really sure what you were both expecting?

If the fan can't be identified, there's not a whole lot that can be done.
I expect it to be front and centre in the media, day in day out, in the name of #balance. That's what I expect.
Once the guy did a runner at the game it was daft to think he was ever going to front up voluntarily. Our club said all the right things, encouraged him to come forward and invited him to attend a cultural awareness session at the PAFC. The crows should have done the same. Their dodging from under was pointless, the guy would be too gutless to put his hand up, they were never going to have to take any action.
It's over, there's nothing more to write.

Once the guy did a runner at the game it was daft to think he was ever going to front up voluntarily. Our club said all the right things, encouraged him to come forward and invited him to attend a cultural awareness session at the PAFC. The crows should have done the same. Their dodging from under was pointless, the guy would be too gutless to put his hand up, they were never going to have to take any action.
It's over, there's nothing more to write.

Nothing but a gutless coward and a gutless organisation.

Teams 1st to 7th on the ladder play teams below them this week as well as 11th and 12th team play sides below them. If the favourites win this week and next couple of rounds, the 8 might just about be set at end of Rd 7.

Someone tell me I am crazy but i have whacked 50 bucks on the 9 winners this weekend, being:

Port / Bulldogs / Crows / GWS / North Melb / West Coast / St Kilda / Melbourne / Essendon

any chance (clearly a few upsets). I actually really fancy the saints especially this weekend for no reason whatsoever.

Also for fun - Wingard most goals (at 4.50) and docherty most touches at 10s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone tell me I am crazy but i have whacked 50 bucks on the 9 winners this weekend, being:

Port / Bulldogs / Crows / GWS / North Melb / West Coast / St Kilda / Melbourne / Essendon

That's a nice multiple of between 85 and 95 times that $50. You might not be crazy but there is only about a 0.5% chance you will see your $50 back - and a bit more of course.

correct, but juicy odds and its not absolutely unfathomable that North win or Saints right?
Both could win but I can't see it happening this weekend. Saints under the roof have a better chance than North I reckon.

... its not absolutely unfathomable that North win or Saints right?
I don't think so.
Saints are pretty good at Etihad, and this will be a good test for Geelong. I'm still a bit uncertain of them.

North have been playing some decent footy, just falling short in typical norf fashion, but they are not with out a chance against Freo, I reckon. Even at Subi.

So many games are 50/50 this season so far.

That's a nice multiple of between 85 and 95 times that $50. You might not be crazy but there is only about a 0.5% chance you will see your $50 back - and a bit more of course.
Interesting. Let's do the math (my guesstimates for each game):

PA = 0.9
WB = 0.9
ADE = 0.9
GWS = 0.75
FREO = 0.5
GEE = 0.66
WC = 0.75
RICH = 0.75
COLL=0.5

Multiply them all and you get = 0.05 or 5% or 1:20. ummm...these odds seem too good. There must be something wrong.

PA = 0.9
WB = 0.9
ADE = 0.9
GWS = 0.75
FREO = 0.5
GEE = 0.66
WC = 0.75
RICH = 0.75
COLL=0.5

Multiply them all and you get = 0.05 or 5% or 1:20. ummm...these odds seem too good. There must be something wrong.
I think the wb, gws, wce & rich games are all closer than you have them.

PA = 0.9
WB = 0.9
ADE = 0.9
GWS = 0.75
FREO = 0.5
GEE = 0.66
WC = 0.75
RICH = 0.75
COLL=0.5

PA 0.95
WB 0.95
Ade 0.90
GWS 0.70
MN 0.30
WCE 0.70
STK 0.30
Mel 0.40
Ess 0.40
Times those together and you get 0.00573 or 0.573%

Look at the betting odds they give you a good indication of the percentages. A 50/50 game is around $1.90 a 90% game is around $1.25, a 95% game is about $1.10. a 30% game is about $2.55 and a 40% game is around $2.10 and a 70% game is about $1.50.

Last edited:
PA 0.95
WB 0.95
Ade 0.90
GWS 0.70
MN 0.30
WCE 0.70
STK 0.30
Mel 0.40
Ess 0.40
Times thos together and you get 0.00573 or 0.573%

Look at the betting odds they give you a good indication of the percentages. A 50/50 game is around $1.90 a 90% game is around $1.25, a 95% game is about $1.10. a 30% game is about $2.55 and a 40% game is around $2.10 and a 70% game is about $1.50.
Why would you go for any team below 0.5?
Edit: 'cos that's what Arsene has gone for. Yes, I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back