Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kade Simpson was on the Future stars program on Sunday.
He was asked if he would consider going to another club for a year to try to win a flag. He said it would depend on Carlton, he wants to stay but if the club doesnt offer a contract then he would consider it.
While i would wish him nothing but the best I don't think I could watch him playing for another club. It is bad enough watching Kennedy, Betts, Jacobs, Garlett, Robinson, Touhy etc doing well with new clubs, that would be the final straw for me.
Just goes to show Simmo isn't thinking of hanging up the boots just yet.

The only difference is that the dogs weren't coming from as far back as us.
no but remember we're 2 years into ours. we already have a bunch of young talent that we're developing. by the time gibbs is 30 SPS and fisher will be solid midfielders at minimum. charlie, williamson, and hopeflly pickett will be able to run through there too, plus whoever we get next year.

when boyd turned 30 they had liba, dahlhaus and johanissen. but they acquired bont, hunter, macrae, boyd, stringer et al after that.

There something about him that catches my eye we'll definitely be bottom 2 to probably bottom. Hopefully we find a way get another pick inside top 5 or 6. The draft is the only way boys. It shows it works

You mean we won't make top 8?

You mean we won't avoid bottom 4?

Gonna be some disappointed posters then.........

I think Sam Ried *Sydney would do wonders for our forward structure and relieve Cas and fast track the development of Paddy and Harry.
I know he is injury prone but if he stays fit will do us a world of good.
Wonder if SOS will take the punt.
No more than 3 years though.

The Gibbs debate is one of those 50-50 calls. No one is right, no one is wrong.

If the issue does raise its head at the end of the year our position of a first rounder won't change, especially since it's likely to be a late one.

I'd also hope that we're already in the year of one of AFCs very good young players, with a generous offer, so that if this happens again we've got someone ready to come back the other way. That would be good preparation and should be the advantage of one year's notice versus one week's notice.

I think SOS would quite enjoy 1 or 2 of Crows out of contract young players informing Reid that they want to move to the Blues!

Would be hilarious!!

Think you're kidding yourself if you think or expect that Gibbs will still be on our list at 35. He just isn't that good.
not at 35, he'll most certainly be done by then. people seem to think 30 is the time when a player is done these days but anyone that thinks that still lives in 1973

but at 32-33 he could still be a very useful player. he'll probably have to go back behind the ball like montagna, boyd, kelly or that kade simpson bloke. By then the midfield will be developed so it won't be an issue. maybe that's the move that allows a 27 year old in his prime docherty into the midfield if we need.

We have about 2/3rds of our list out of contract and IMO here is what we should do.

McKay, Weitering, Cuningham and Curnow no brainer must keep

Curnow, Phillips, Jaksch(developing give him 2 more years) and Wright must re sign

Boekhorst, Jones, Graham, kerridge, Lamb and Thomas are a must to be delisted

Simpson (if he wants to play on), Rowe, White (playing his best footy) and Armfield give them one year

Kreuzer let him go as a free agent hopefully a pick under 25.

Casboult let go as free agent 3rd round pick

Gorringe should be kept for a year if Kreuzer

Buckley all the talk preseason was he as training the house down. I'll like to see him get a couple of games to see how he has improved.

Sumner must be give a 2 year deal. We need to get his body right and he'll be a really good player for us. We need out side midfielders with run and skills and he has both and he tackles.

Rookies Glass-McCasker keep or promote, LeBois keep, Korcheck keep, Gallucci keep, Silvagni cut and Sheehan cut.

Trade Gibbs to Adelaide for 2018 first and 2017 second (they need there 2017 first for Edwards) than trade those picks to GWS for M.Kenndy(inside midfielder),Hopper(best inside mid of his draft) and Flynn (ruck forward)

I would also trade Murphy to the saints for there 2 first round draft picks.

With the draft we'll have 3 first rounds(a key forward, a bull inside mid and a skilled outside mid), 1 second ( best mid) and 2 third ( a ruck and best available).

Kade Simpson was on the Future stars program on Sunday.
He was asked if he would consider going to another club for a year to try to win a flag. He said it would depend on Carlton, he wants to stay but if the club doesnt offer a contract then he would consider it.
While i would wish him nothing but the best I don't think I could watch him playing for another club. It is bad enough watching Kennedy, Betts, Jacobs, Garlett, Robinson, Touhy etc doing well with new clubs, that would be the final straw for me.

I think it may be a little simpler than all that.

I saw some moments in the Port game where, dare I say it, he looked a fraction slow. It was the first ever time I've seen it and I'd hope that it was a one-off but maybe father time is starting to catch up with him.

If over the rest of the season it becomes obvious that he is losing touch with the game, he may retire of his own volition which would rule out all other possible options.

Just have to keep watching to see where he is at physically and whether he can continue playing with valuable contributions. The last thing I want to see is him going on for one season too long and looking poor, he has been a great servant for our club and needs to finish on a high note, whenever that is.

We have about 2/3rds of our list out of contract and IMO here is what we should do.

Curnow, Phillips, Jaksch(developing give him 2 more years) and Wright must re sign

Simpson (if he wants to play on), Rowe, White (playing his best footy) and Armfield give them one year

Buckley all the talk preseason was he as training the house down. I'll like to see him get a couple of games to see how he has improved.

Sumner must be give a 2 year deal. We need to get his body right and he'll be a really good player for us. We need out side midfielders with run and skills and he has both and he tackles.

Rookies Glass-McCasker keep or promote, LeBois keep, Korcheck keep, Gallucci keep, Silvagni cut and Sheehan cut.

Trade Gibbs to Adelaide for 2018 first and 2017 second (they need there 2017 first for Edwards) than trade those picks to GWS for M.Kenndy(inside midfielder),Hopper(best inside mid of his draft) and Flynn (ruck forward)

With the draft we'll have 3 first rounds(a key forward, a bull inside mid and a skilled outside mid), 1 second ( best mid) and 2 third ( a ruck and best available).

We really do enjoy overvaluing our players don't we? 2 first round picks for Murphy? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 first rounders from murph.....1 would get it done
Swap Army and Kerridge

I think Sam Ried *Sydney would do wonders for our forward structure and relieve Cas and fast track the development of Paddy and Harry.
I know he is injury prone but if he stays fit will do us a world of good.
Wonder if SOS will take the punt.
No more than 3 years though.

Got to spend the money on someone- may as well be him!

* Assuming that SOS is not planning lose any FA's this year - in this case leave him alone.

Can't see why we'd cut Silvagni from the rookie list if he were happy to go around again. Doing his job in the VFL perfectly. Sheehan would be a harsh but understandable call if he can't get himself right and impress this year.

Got to spend the money on someone- may as well be him!

* Assuming that SOS is not planning lose any FA's this year - in this case leave him alone.

I have been saying for a while, an experienced KPF is something we need this trade period considering nearly everyone wants to dump Levi at years end. I think its something we need even if Levi stays.

SOS will want more picks/young players.

If not these guys then how does he get them?
Not sure, just saying it's possible that Kreuzer, Casboult and Gibbs will be playing at Carlton next year. Kreuzer should be here and Gibbs may not get traded. Levi is the most likely one for mine to go, especially if he shows more improvement.

I have been saying for a while, an experienced KPF is something we need this trade period considering nearly everyone wants to dump Levi at years end. I think its something we need even if Levi stays.

No point bringing him in if SOS is happy to let Levi/Kreuz walk as FA's though - we would lose any FA compo.

Murphy for two 1st rounders, err you do know it's 2017 ? no way we get that for him.
Also Hooper and Kennedy are worth much more then Crows 1st and 2nd, be lucky to get Hooper for that.
If you think that a fit Kruezer isn't worth more then pick 25 to our football club, then I'm not sure what I can do to help educate you on how big an impact he has on our side.

No point bringing him in if SOS is happy to let Levi/Kreuz walk as FA's though - we would lose any FA compo.

If we lose it we lose it. I'm not certain heading into next season with basically and inexperienced KPF line of McKay, Silvagni, Weitering etc is the way to go. If Levi goes as most want, we absolutely need an experienced KPF coming in. Its a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back