Modern Day Event What is happening to society?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL....You haven't addressed my critique of the so-called 'pancake theory' chum.

Facts & the government official 'narrative' on 9/11 are 2 disparate things entirely.

Don't bother answering again until you've done the research....I'm tired of your ignorance....You're an apologist for the establishment & a broken record.
I don't need to address your paranoia, you're the one proposing the alternative theory. Reports into 9/11 (which I have looked at) explained exactly how the impact and fires caused the collapse of all three buildings. Scientists and experts have made their case. This was an unprecedented event, planes had never been flown into two skyscrapers before, simply shouting that this hasn't happened before doesn't address anything. The collapse of the towers was a complex process, which leaves room for people who refuse to believe the facts to spin their own conspiracy theories.

I make no apologies for the US or its establishment, but I'll save my energy for real issues, not create windmills at which to tilt.

I don't need to address your paranoia, you're the one proposing the alternative theory. Reports into 9/11 (which I have looked at) explained exactly how the impact and fires caused the collapse of all three buildings. Scientists and experts have made their case. This was an unprecedented event, planes had never been flown into two skyscrapers before, simply shouting that this hasn't happened before doesn't address anything. The collapse of the towers was a complex process, which leaves room for people who refuse to believe the facts to spin their own conspiracy theories.

I make no apologies for the US or its establishment, but I'll save my energy for real issues, not create windmills at which to tilt.

Once more....Do some research son....Your own.

Stop listening to MSM....You are thoroughly brain-washed.

Last edited:
One more....Do some research son....Your own.

Stop listening to MSM....You are thoroughly brain-washed.
So me looking at the reports, reading the explanations given by scientists and engineers, is brainwashing.

But you looking at YouTube videos is 'researching' the truth.

Do you not at see the hypocrisy in what you are saying? Only people who agree with you are right, everyone else is an idiot. My advice, you won't necessarily find the truth in the mainstream press, but you're certainly not going to find it from a bunch of random people on YouTube using the internet as a megaphone.

This has been fun, but this isn't the 9/11 thread, so I'll walk away now.
Probably the best move, but you have to admit it's very entertaining watching someone go on for several pages arguing that science is bad and then resort to resort to what he likes to believe are "scientific proofs" (found on YouTube, of all places) to demonstrate and reinforce his beliefs on the topic of 9/11 being a conspiracy.

But, more on topic, in 1980 Isaac Asimov wrote
"Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our cultural and political life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".

The view that opinions are as important or more so than facts is not a new thing, but there are several factors leading to it becoming more front and centre.
In other words, there is nothing really "happening to society", other than the issues caused by an increased ability to access knowledge without an accompanying increase in our ability to process it.

We have an exponentially increased access to knowledge, and, yes, "facts" as well (alternate or otherwise)... but the ability of the human mind to absorb and understand fact and knowledge is about as limited as it has ever been, perhaps even more so given our increased access to leisure time and greater diversity of options regarding how to use it. To put it more simply, the increased access to knowledge is beginning to outstrip our minds ability to cope with it, in social terms.

This is leading to opinion being formed in what is being effectively described as an echo chamber, in which the individual retreats in order to diminish the amount of information needing to be processed, using the comfort of his own experience or ideals as a refuge.

Rather than in spite of information being more widely available than it has ever been, we're beginning to see homo unius libri as a result of it.

Or perhaps I should say homo unius youtubeius, instead.

Last edited:
Just turn on the TV and see what is being fed into everyone's brains issues current affairs compared to a decade ago 20 years ago 50 years ago.

Society mimics media it's not that hard to see.

Nothing to do with more access to information.

I don't judge a person by their beliefs

As a whole both the religious and scientific communities really do have to demand more from their leaders.

I do believe in a creator but I do not believe in a religion,

Last time I checked Jesus was a carpenter he didn't run around in the finest silk wasnt draped in gold and lived in a palace of luxury.

Scientist they are just as f***ed. They tarnish embaress destroy reputations who go against the grain.

Scientist they are just as f***ed. They tarnish embaress destroy reputations who go against the grain.
What tosh is this? The only people who get their reputations destroyed are the ones who are fraudulent and dangerous, like the 'researcher' who claimed a link between vaccines and autism. People who are objectively wrong are not entitled to the same respect as those that are right.

What tosh is this? The only people who get their reputations destroyed are the ones who are fraudulent and dangerous, like the 'researcher' who claimed a link between vaccines and autism. People who are objectively wrong are not entitled to the same respect as those that are right.

Just Tesla and Einstein eh? One is a scientific hero the other is responsible for 80% of the stuff you use and learn today.

Mate its not that hard to look through history and find famous scientists who were dubbed a crack pot ignored banished driven to insanity for their ideas.

Very small sample size using the Bigfooty mysteries and conspiracies board, but we're all losing the plot...some of the threads, mainly in the conspiracies sub forum...just wow.

In this day and age...do we just question literally anything? I'm all for the truth and and open mind...but surely our world isn't so faked to the point of nothing being real? Going through the conspiracy board, everything we know is fake and a lie...surely not?

Am I giving the only one thinking this?

The MSM have been known to handle the truth carelessly, including by omission.
I take major news stories with a grain of salt, particularly world shaping events and background check where I can asking "Why?"
Alternative News > Fake News a lot of the time.

Just Tesla and Einstein eh? One is a scientific hero the other is responsible for 80% of the stuff you use and learn today.

Mate its not that hard to look through history and find famous scientists who were dubbed a crack pot ignored banished driven to insanity for their ideas.
I just knew Tesla's name was going to be thrown up. The fact that Edison was a dick doesn't mean the whole scientific community seeks to discredit the truth. To the contrary, it works quite well, with scientists building on the work of their colleagues.

I just knew Tesla's name was going to be thrown up. The fact that Edison was a dick doesn't mean the whole scientific community seeks to discredit the truth. To the contrary, it works quite well, with scientists building on the work of their colleagues.
Of course you knew Tesla name would be thrown up he is proof of how dismissive the scientific community can be.

He also thought gravity was a crock of s**t, also came up with his own theory which was ignored/dismissed.

It is not only Tesla there is a list of scientists who of been dismissed labeled a crackpot suicided only to be labeled a pioneer later.

Darwin, gets a free pass

The who priest came up with the big bang theory, free pass

The scientific community is just hoping that Dr Kaku's nut job label sticks.

Last edited:
Of course you knew Tesla name would be thrown up he is proof of how dismissive the scientific community can be.

He also thought gravity was a crock of s**t, also came up with his own theory which was ignored/dismissed.

It is not only Tesla there is a list of scientists who of been dismissed labeled a crackpot suicided only to be labeled a pioneer later.

Darwin, gets a free pass

The who priest came up with the big bang theory, free pass

The scientific community is just hoping that Dr Kaku's nut job label sticks.
Phillip K. Dick was ignored in his lifetime and died in poverty. Now he is recognised as one of the great sci fi writers. Some people are ahead of their time and do not find recognotion in their lifetime. That doesn't mean the whole industry is out to destroy people.

If scientists can back up their claims, the truth will out eventually. That doesn't mean it's not competitive and some scientists won't try to promote their theories ahead of others. But if they can't back it up, other scientists will eventually out them. That aside, this sort of competition is such a tiny part of science. To deride the entire community of climate scientists, astrophycists etc because of some famous examples is silly. Most scientists are simply hard working people trying to understand the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the amount of frauds in science is a major concern.
I think some scientists seeing themselves as pop stars is a minor concern.
Science needs money,thats understandable,but using fraudulent claims to keep institutes open or to gain grants needs to be observed a little closer and called out when it occurs.
New and initially less popular ideas need to be given a bit more of a chance against those protecting their own unproven theories and in most cases personal income.

Probably the best move, but you have to admit it's very entertaining watching someone go on for several pages arguing that science is bad and then resort to resort to what he likes to believe are "scientific proofs" (found on YouTube, of all places) to demonstrate and reinforce his beliefs on the topic of 9/11 being a conspiracy.

But, more on topic, in 1980 Isaac Asimov wrote
"Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our cultural and political life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".

The view that opinions are as important or more so than facts is not a new thing, but there are several factors leading to it becoming more front and centre.
In other words, there is nothing really "happening to society", other than the issues caused by an increased ability to access knowledge without an accompanying increase in our ability to process it.

We have an exponentially increased access to knowledge, and, yes, "facts" as well (alternate or otherwise)... but the ability of the human mind to absorb and understand fact and knowledge is about as limited as it has ever been, perhaps even more so given our increased access to leisure time and greater diversity of options regarding how to use it. To put it more simply, the increased access to knowledge is beginning to outstrip our minds ability to cope with it, in social terms.

This is leading to opinion being formed in what is being effectively described as an echo chamber, in which the individual retreats in order to diminish the amount of information needing to be processed, using the comfort of his own experience or ideals as a refuge.

Rather than in spite of information being more widely available than it has ever been, we're beginning to see homo unius libri as a result of it.

Or perhaps I should say homo unius youtubeius, instead.

The Scientific method & some people's attempts to enforce it as the only code of viable reference, is not science per-se.....It's Nice to see you've mixed them up entirely though.....Clearly subtlety & nuance are not your thing.

Given that particular straw-man, everything else that follows is mere gibberish on your behalf.

]
Phillip K. Dick was ignored in his lifetime and died in poverty. Now he is recognised as one of the great sci fi writers. Some people are ahead of their time and do not find recognotion in their lifetime. That doesn't mean the whole industry is out to destroy people.

If scientists can back up their claims, the truth will out eventually. That doesn't mean it's not competitive and some scientists won't try to promote their theories ahead of others. But if they can't back it up, other scientists will eventually out them. That aside, this sort of competition is such a tiny part of science. To deride the entire community of climate scientists, astrophycists etc because of some famous examples is silly. Most scientists are simply hard working people trying to understand the world.

Lol as you would say "what tosh"

Let's break down your faith on science.

Just like back in the day it wasnt the kings information to the people but the priests, in modern day it's the corperations that dictate the information not the scientists.

Every bit of knowledge you receive is controlled.

I mean pick up a news article to be deemed trustworthy all it needs is a "scientists say" and people will eat whatever follows as fact. The article doesn't need to mention the scientist name, How it was researched the facts behind the conclusion, just scientists say, and then that same line will get parroted as fact without question.

It's difficult for anyone outside the scientific establishment to get funding for their ideas, if you're a scientist that had ideas that go against the grain well you got no chance. Tow the line, follow our dogma or don't get paid. It's that simple. Your hard working scientists are pulling the corperations agenda not what science is about.Nearly all scientific papers are controlled by the same few corperations, the major publishers who also sensor the information released which is what you read.

If they do manage to scrape funds any findings they find outside the scientific brotherhood that sh** ain't getting published in no scientific journal. It will be labeled psuedoscience, New age or crack pot.

I mean you think your going to get a cure for cancer or aids, heck no there is no money in the cure. Thanks science.

The same f***ing people telling you about climate change are the same f***ing people have been sitting on technology fossil fueless cars for 50 years.(hydrogen fueled Van made 50 years ago which emitted nothing but water and refueled in a few minutes ). Don't worry they have hybrid cars now. Thanks science.

18 billion dollars a year to NASA for what?? A few Photoshop "it has to be" pictures that a 5 year old could mock up on his Android phone. Woaaah blue marble 2.0 woah woah ....a few articles every year stating scientists say we are closer to finding alien life
..Thanks science.

You will never get the truth or advancements from science these days unless it creates power and wealth, don't worry about the truth.

Welcome to your faith in science, The medieval priest hood of modern times.

You guys will sit here and pick on people for using YouTube. Granted some well a lot of them are rubbish but there are some decent genuine videos with great well researched information that is untouched not controlled which should not be so easily dismissed.

Last edited:
]

Just like back in the day it wasnt the kings information to the people but the priests, in modern day it's the corperations that dictate the information not the scientists.

I mean pick up a news article to be deemed trustworthy all it needs is a "scientists say" and people will eat whatever follows as fact. The article doesn't need to mention the scientist name, How it was researched the facts behind the conclusion, just scientists say, and then that same line will get parroted as fact without question.

It's difficult for anyone outside the scientific establishment to get funding for their ideas, if you're a scientist that had ideas that go against the grain well you got no chance. Tow the line, follow our dogma or don't get paid. It's that simple. Your hard working scientists are pulling the corperations agenda not what science is about.Nearly all scientific papers are controlled by the same few corperations, the major publishers who also sensor the information released which is what you read.

If they do manage to scrape funds any findings they find outside the scientific brotherhood that sh** ain't getting published in no scientific journal. It will be labeled psuedoscience, New age or crack pot.

I mean you think your going to get a cure for cancer or aids, heck no there is no money in the cure. Thanks science.

The same f***ing people telling you about climate change are the same f***ing people have been sitting on technology fossil fueless cars for 50 years.(hydrogen fueled Van made 50 years ago which emitted nothing but water and refueled in a few minutes ). Don't worry they have hybrid cars now. Thanks science.

18 billion dollars a year to NASA for what?? A few Photoshop "it has to be" pictures that a 5 year old could mock up on his Android phone. Woaaah blue marble 2.0 woah woah ....a few articles every year stating scientists say we are closer to finding alien life
..Thanks science.

You will never get the truth or advancements from science these days unless it creates power and wealth, don't worry about the truth.

You guys will sit here and pick on people for using YouTube. Granted some well a lot of them are rubbish but there are some decent genuine videos with great well researched information that is untouched not controlled which should not be so easily dismissed.
Ah, you're that kind of conspiracy theorist. This thread is kinda about you.

The Scientific method & some people's attempts to enforce it as the only code of viable reference, is not science per-se.....It's Nice to see you've mixed them up entirely though.....Clearly subtlety & nuance are not your thing.

Given that particular straw-man, everything else that follows is mere gibberish on your behalf.
Hmm. This is the kind of response that has one looking over the shoulder to see if they were actually talking to some other guy. I have no idea what it has to do with anything I said.

This has probably been posted before, somewhere, but seeing as YouTube is now apparently the last word in all things, perhaps appropriate here.
I particularly like two things about this video: firstly, that the guy who interjects is the one who is censured (her opinion being as valuable as it is, strike me down with a lightning bolt if it is not), and that the very last thing she does is pull out her phone to check her messages or something. Which is a fairly clear indicator that once she's finished talking, she doesn't even pretend to care what anyone else has to say afterward.

I get the impression that talking to p35 is a bit like trying to organise a response to this girl:

On a more serious note, though, Dr. Jordan Peterson is a reasonable commentator on social mores if you're a YouTube watcher.
Well worth the effort.

Hmm. This is the kind of response that has one looking over the shoulder to see if they were actually talking to some other guy. I have no idea what it has to do with anything I said.

This has probably been posted before, somewhere, but seeing as YouTube is now apparently the last word in all things, perhaps appropriate here.
I particularly like two things about this video: firstly, that the guy who interjects is the one who is censured (her opinion being as valuable as it is, strike me down with a lightning bolt if it is not), and that the very last thing she does is pull out her phone to check her messages or something. Which is a fairly clear indicator that once she's finished talking, she doesn't even pretend to care what anyone else has to say afterward.

I get the impression that talking to p35 is a bit like trying to organise a response to this girl:

On a more serious note, though, Dr. Jordan Peterson is a reasonable commentator on social mores if you're a YouTube watcher.
Well worth the effort.

You'll need to find yourself some better bait.

On a more serious note....These drop ins really do need a crash course in logic before crashing these sites & tripping over their own tongues.

]

..Thanks science.

Add another wasted $600m for the frauds down there at LIGO,looking for something that doesn't even exist.
While the believers in the faith of science are so busy on every other board on here,they should really be looking in their own back yard and how much money their lieing and fraudulent religion is actually wasting.
The great minds are silenced while the pop stars of science continue with their blatant lies and often utter nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back