Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dredd, underrated flick

Sent from mTalk
I didn't mind it but would have liked it more if I'd seen it before The Raid

Just watched Birdman and The Arrival

Both great in their own ways

Both not what I expected

I find myself avoiding trailers and reviews more and more these days.

I want to go into a movie with as few preconceived ideas as possible

Aranofsky's The Fountain.

Not as smart as I originally remembered it being but still a very good and creative movie that has a killer soundtrack.

Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz are very good too

Jackman may be mainly known for being Wolverine but he has a been in some bloody good movies where he has more than held his own like this one, Prestige and Prisoners.

There's really nothing more to add except $$$. It's done, it's cooked, but people, and yeah, me included, will still pay to have a look.

It's just, you look back at one, maybe two, and it has such humble and different beginnings. What happened? The only one who seems self aware with how things have turned out is The Rock.

You are giving the rock way too much credit. Him and Deisel basically play the same character in all their movies. Rock always has an over the top and not too serious personality. Its just him.

He toned it down for Snitch, too.

Moana too.

I've not seen the latest Fast & the Furious yet, but I've enjoyed them from 5 onwards. The increasingly elaborate heists are far more entertaining, and The Rock is a more self-aware actor than Vin Diesel. I find the earnestness of Vin Diesel (and at times the movies themselves, given how much creative control he has over them all) to be one of the biggest drawbacks to the series - he doesn't seem to realise how utterly ridiculous the whole thing is. Although I feel that way with a lot of recent overly machismo action films. Action is a silly genre most of the time: the less seriously the movie takes itself the better, generally speaking.

A Dog's Purpose

If you're a dog lover go see this movie. I was bawling my eyes out at one stage and from the sniffles I was hearing around me so were others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Dog's Purpose

If you're a dog lover go see this movie. I was bawling my eyes out at one stage and from the sniffles I was hearing around me so were others.

I read the book about 5 years ago, teared up more than once, can only imagine the movie will be a difficult watch for those of us too proud to cry like babies in public;)

A Dog's Purpose

Particularly if you're a dog lover who enjoys dogs being tortured to make a film. If not see something else.

Particularly if you're a dog lover who enjoys dogs being tortured to make a film. If not see something else.

Weren't those just rumours, turned out TMZ altered the footage.

Wasn't exactly Milo and Otis either way.

Except that is a load of crock.
Weren't those just rumours, turned out TMZ altered the footage.

Wasn't exactly Milo and Otis either way.
My mistake. Just remembered the footage and haven't looked into it until now as I never planned on seeing the movie (refuse to watch sad movies with dogs). Apparently was blown out of proportion with altered footage, added to that of trainer trying to force unwilling dog into water.

The Thin Red Line.

Beautifully shot film.
A lot of well known faces even in small parts.

In typical Malick fashion alot of voice over musings which often go over my head, but a different angle on a war film that looks at what the soldiers are going through psychologically, spiritually and emotionally.

8/10

Last edited:
Hidden Figures. The story of three black women who are maths geniuses and help NASA in the space race.

Verdict - soppy American shite. Lazy and stereotyped scenes depicting racism and sexism. Apparently the three women were super smart but all the rest of NASA were stupid.

The Thin Red Line.

Beautifully shot film.
A lot of well known faces even in small parts.

In typical Malick fashion alot of voice over musings which often go over my head, but a different angle on a war film that looks at what the soldiers are going through psychologically, spiritually and emotionally.

8/10

Need to watch this again. Is Gene Hackman still kicking around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back