Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, 'the ex-Collingwood and Brisbane player who was a senior coach and a senior assistant at Richmond'. Incredible. It's like they've not only ignored us, but gone out of their way to make the fact that they deliberately ignored us as obvious as possible.
"The ex-Collingwood and Brisbane player said it was not an avenue available to him in his time as a senior AFL coach and senior assistant at Richmond." o_O

That reads as if he was a senior AFL coach at Richmond.

So being a senior assistant at Richmond rates higher than being an AFL premiership coach.

Last edited:
Mark Williams fires off at ‘expert’ AFL players
MARK Williams was certainly known as a straight shooter in his time as a player and coach in the AFL and the premiership winning coach hasn’t missed his current target.
Williams pointed his anger towards former players turned media personalities, saying their “expert” opinion has no real foundation, given their lack of experience away from the life of an on-field player.
“They leave school at 18, they go and become footballers and might stay for 10 years. Then they become experts in football. What is this?!” Williams told SEN radio.
More..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ma...s/news-story/b833e4a03f1fc6ea18370c1250c4cb66

Interesting..And I tend to agree with Mark.
Some of these so called experts know SFA when it comes to players and cant even get their names right lol

“I hear some of them talking about how they need to get in harder, and I go, ‘wait a minute, I remember you as a player mate and there is no chance that you ever got a hard ball get’, so stop teeing off,” he said.

“It’s a bloody lot harder playing than it is sitting in the commentary box having a crack at players.

“Some of them are older players that might prance around like they were really tough players … well good luck to them.”

That part had me falling out of my chair. Loved Choco all the way to the end as a coach and I still love him now.

I like this bit:
Williams even says some of them are inflating their own talents well into retirement.
“I hear some of them talking about how they need to get in harder, and I go, ‘wait a minute, I remember you as a player mate and there is no chance that you ever got a hard ball get’, so stop teeing off,” he said.

“It’s a bloody lot harder playing than it is sitting in the commentary box having a crack at players.

Wonder if Chocolate had David King front of mind when he made this comment ...

Essendon's next match is another of Sheeds's brainchildren - their 'Bush Week' match against Geelong, where they remember all their cun...er pay tribute to their country members. I hope whichever country venue it's being played at doesn't get hit by a sandstorm! What's that - it's at the MCG? Oh well, should be safe enough there.
I presume that Sheedy is now in negotiations with Elon Musk to have a game on Mars as part of umpire appreciation round.

I like this bit:
Williams even says some of them are inflating their own talents well into retirement.

Too true.

It does make me wonder whether his real issue is that these upstarts are taking his jobs though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Had a beer with some Crows 'mates' yesterday. They reckon the word on the street is that Pyke purposefully planned /coached to lose the first quarter so that his team don't get ahead of themselves. Surely that would be arrogant, to purposefully throw a game? These mates believe that Pyke was not outcoached as he's way too good a coach for that and the team are too good to have lost the quarter by that much:eek:
Are these people for real?
By the way, I just saw Talia and Walker at the local oval giving an interview and a coaching clinic for juniors. My daughter: "let's go, all these crows jumpers are going to make me vomit".:D

Had a beer with some Crows 'mates' yesterday. They reckon the word on the street is that Pyke purposefully planned /coached to lose the first quarter so that his team don't get ahead of themselves. Surely that would be arrogant, to purposefully throw a game? These mates believe that Pyke was not outcoached as he's way too good a coach for that and the team are too good to have lost the quarter by that much:eek:

...aand here it comes

jlaw-okay.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well they looked a little complacent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter last week so he might want to thing about dropping the 2nd quarter too.

Had a beer with some Crows 'mates' yesterday. They reckon the word on the street is that Pyke purposefully planned /coached to lose the first quarter so that his team don't get ahead of themselves. Surely that would be arrogant, to purposefully throw a game? ...
Not just arrogant but extremely stupid. With all the money wagered on footy that would have huge implications if true.

I can't believe people actually believe that Pyke would deliberately set out to lose to North.

That is borderline certifiable. Actually, not borderline - that's throw up on the line certifiable.

More like he's exactly what some on here claim he is - a Neil Craig clone that has been found wanting with a side that drank its own bathwater along with its supporter base, with a game plan that fails miserably in finals like situations as long as their opponent actually takes full advantage of their ascendancy in the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back