Keeper Lg. 2017 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warriors have used the free spot on the list after the Carlisle/Dawson trade to take a punt with Adelaide Category B Rookie Hugh Greenwood.

I have gone early as I tend to do, but if it works out why not :p Greenwood hasn't even been promoted yet, but I have been watching his progress fairly closely since crossing over to AFL from Basketball 18 months ago. Hopefully with solid SANFL form he might get a call up sooner rather than later. McGovern missing for potentially a few months might give him an opportunity. Greenwood is a long shot, but if he works out I am confident that he will be fantasy relevant, especially for one of my weaker categories, Tackles.

If you are not familiar with Greenwood it is worth looking him up, as it is an interesting story - He represented Tasmania at U16 level as a bottom ager, but decided to go to the USA and play College Basketball, where he did quite well, earning practice tryouts with an NBA side. He also represented the Boomers and returned to Australia to play in the NBL, but decided to walk away from that contract and sign with the Crows instead at the end of 2015 - It turns out that the Crows Head of Recruiting was his Footy coach in Tasmania, and he had always kept in contact, always encouraging Greenwood to give AFL a go, such was his talent as a kid. He was named co-captain of Adelaide's reserves side for this year too, so he has obviously impressed them off the field as well as on. He plays as a half forward who can go into the midfield as a bigger-bodied inside mid (he is 193cm).

Last edited:
Warriors have used the free spot on the list after the Carlisle/Dawson trade to take a punt with Adelaide Category B Rookie Hugh Greenwood.

I have gone early as I tend to do, but if it works out why not Greenwood hasn't even been promoted yet, but I have been watching his progress fairly closely since crossing over to AFL from Basketball 18 months ago. Hopefully with solid SANFL form he might get a call up sooner rather than later. McGovern missing for potentially a few months might give him an opportunity. Greenwood is a long shot, but if he works out I am confident that he will be fantasy relevant, especially for one of my weaker categories, Tackles.

If you are not familiar with Greenwood it is worth looking him up, as it is an interesting story - He represented Tasmania at U16 level as a bottom ager, but decided to go to the USA and play College Basketball, where he did quite well, earning practice tryouts with an NBA side. He also represented the Boomers and returned to Australia to play in the NBL, but decided to walk away from that contract and sign with the Crows instead at the end of 2015 - It turns out that the Crows Head of Recruiting was his Footy coach in Tasmania, and he had always kept in contact, always encouraging Greenwood to give AFL a go, such was his talent as a kid. He was named co-captain of Adelaide's reserves side for this year too, so he has obviously impressed them off the field as well as on. He plays as a half forward who can go into the midfield as a bigger-bodied inside mid (he is 193cm).
Fun fact. When I was in grade 10, I coached the grade 7 school basketball team. They had a roster game against Greenwood and his other teammates (who were irrelevant). My players got to the point where they just couldn't do anything to stop him because he was that much bigger and better at everything he did. Seriously would've taken on our grade 10 team and beat us on his own.

Fun fact. When I was in grade 10, I coached the grade 7 school basketball team. They had a roster game against Greenwood and his other teammates (who were irrelevant). My players got to the point where they just couldn't do anything to stop him because he was that much bigger and better at everything he did. Seriously would've taken on our grade 10 team and beat us on his own.
I was part of a school team where we were at a tournament where Ben Simmons was playing. Thankfully I was personally such a terrible player that I didn't come up against him and I played in my school's B team, but it was both amazing and terrible to see him dunk and cross-over all over my mates as a 14-year old. Pretty impressive stuff. Growing up in the same area of eastern suburbs Melbourne of similar ages, never game up against him myself because I was never good enough to play rep basketball (never played primary-school aged junior basketball, picked up domestic after playing pickup with my mates at high school lunchtimes) but I've got upwards of a dozen mates who played against him, watched him in rep basketball or reffed him etc. and they all say he was ridiculously dominant. And he couldn't even jumpshoot back then, (can't really now either) so he'd beat you on the dribble and get you at the rim. Amazing stuff. Wish he played AFL though, imagine him in the ruck.

Will offer up my #1 RFA pick for anyone who wants Claye Beams this week for an upgrade of my picks in this draft.

Just a thought.
This is available again and unless I want a player it will always be available with my high free agency selections!

Will only be a smalll drop to get the player you want as I have picks in every round!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who wants to trade this years first for next years first and later picks I have many in both draft let me know. I have lots of picks I will look to upgrade and consolidate through deals until both drafts.

I have both tenders and Rockford future first round picks.

Both are injured but both great players, with the emergence of Witts I am be tempted to trade Naismith or Ceglar. Looking for a good pick as ruckmen ar still in short supply on many lists. Can maybe package my later picks Aswell for the right price.

Although the Geelong West Sparrows acknowledge Tom Downies retirement and wish him all the best with his future they will hold off delisting him for the time being.

Good luck Tom.

Trade Alert

Warriors receives Jack Redden

Gut Running receives Dylan Clarke

threenewpadlocks to confirm

Redden is a risk in that his AFL career could be over at the end of the year even though he is only 27. He has been terrible since transferring to West Coast and is out of contract at the end of the year. Warriors are hoping that he can somehow rediscover some form and win a contract extension. If Redden fails, the irony will most likely be that Clarke has become the very type of player that I was hoping for in Redden - a high possession winning inside mid to boost my handball and tackle numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back