Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2023/2024 OFF-SEASON THREAD - LIST DEADLINE 10AM MONDAY 12TH FEB - DRAFT STARTS THURSDAY 6PM AEST

DO WE KEEP THE 3 DRAFT PICK RULE?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Welcome to the off-season thread going into year 8! In case anyone forgot, these are the rules.

-Minimum of 3 draft picks to be taken into the by each team in the annual draft each season. (THIS RULE IS UP FOR DEBATE THIS OFF-SEASON)
-Players eligible to be drafted each season are those selected in the NAB AFL draft, the Rookie draft, the pre-season draft, any players in the free agent pool at the end of the previous season and any category B/international rookies.

New Rule regarding Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)

-if a player has been officially signed before the draft but isn't reflected in UF, they are available in the draft. Placeholder rule applies and the Coach must announce who they are actually drafting in the Draft thread.

-If the player is signed after or during the draft, they are not eligible to be drafted and will be available as a free agent whenever they do appear.

-If a player on your list is delisted IRL and then becomes a chance to be re-listed, you must declare your intention before the draft begins and draft a placeholder.

Scoring will be as follows:
9 categories which will be weighted as:
2 points awarded for winning the following categories: Kicks, handballs, marks, hitouts, tackles, total score
1 point awarded for winning the following categories: frees for, frees against, goal scoring accuracy %
All captain's statistics will be doubled, vice captain's statistics will be doubled if a team's captain doesn't play

• At the end of the regular season the top 8 sides will playoff in the finals in the same format as real life.
  • There will be no cap on the number of delistings or draft picks used, just the minimum of using 3 draft picks. There will however be a cap of 5 free agency moves used during the season, which begins as soon as the draft is finished.
-Trading during the season is allowed, there is no cap on trading, you may trade at any stage in the year except between late July (Exact date TBA) and the grand final.
-Draft pick trading is allowed for one season ahead only.

LEAGUE HISTORY

Grand Final

Reggie's Rabble ( reggie ) defeated The Bottles Rockets ( Dignan )

League medal winner

Patrick Dangerfield (Stoney's Stars)

Grand Final

Stoney's stars ( Stoney ) defeated Wellington Wise Guys (Wise Guy Sam )

League Medal Winner

Tom Mitchell (Mitchell to Daniher)

Grand Final

Lolern Bulldogs (Zim^zuM) defeated Mitchell to Daniher (Drew23) 10-5

League Medal

Jack Macrae (Mitchell to Daniher)

Grand Final

tenderWARRIORS (tenderwarrior) defeated Viney's Troopers (deeman87)

League Medal

-

Grand Final

Mitchel to Daniher (Drew23) defeated Viney's Troopers (deeman87)

League Medal

Touk Miller (Viney's Troopers)

Grand Final

Lolern Bulldogs (Zim^zuM ) defeated Viney's Troopers (deeman87) (3 peat GF losses :sob: )

League Medal

Jack Steele (Reggies Rabble)

2023 Grand Final

Viney's Troopers defeat TI*S&Swimming 10-5 (Hooray)

League Medal

Rowan Marshall
Tim English
Nick Daicos

Managers Currently Registered

deeman87 - Viney's Troopers* - Commish
Wise Guy Sam Wellington Wise Guys
Matthew Jelley - Jelstars FC
Northern Dogs - Puppy Power
Freo_4eva - The Flaming Galahs
Bowski - Thornbury Turtles - Commish
Go Balls Deep - Go Balls Deep
tenderwarrior - The Turbo Warriors*
Drew23 - Mitchell to Daniher*
kirbatron - The Fa*k Narkles
NoPositiveTests! - Ti*s and Swimming
Zim^zuM - Lolern Bulldogs**
Jordie_tackles - City Oval Plovers
flaps - Rat City Ravens

Last edited:
2023 Draft order (Not counting traded picks)

1. City Oval Plovers
2. Jelstars
3. Thornbury Turtles
4. The * Narkles
5. The Flaming Galahs
6. Wellington Wise Guys
7. Puppy Power
8. Rat City Ravens
9. Tenderwarriors
10. Go Balls Deep
11. Mitchell To Daniher
12. Lolern Bulldogs
13. T&S
14. Viney's Troopers

Last edited:
2023/2024 PICKS (Let me know if im missing any trades) (Hopefully up to date as of 10/2/24 11:57am)

deeman87 - Viney's Troopers (VT) - JS 4th, VT 6th

Wise Guy Sam Wellington Wise Guys (WWG) - TFN 1st, WWG 2nd, WWG 3rd, WWG 4th, VT 4th WWG 5th, WWG 6th

Matthew Jelley - Jelstars FC (JS) -JS 1st, LB 1st, WWG 1st, JS 2nd, PUP 2nd, JS 6th

Northern Dogs -Puppy Power (PUP) PUP 1st, VT 2nd, JS 3rd, PUP 3rd, PUP 4th, PUP 5th, PUP 6th

Freo_4eva - The Flaming Galahs (TFG) - TFG 1ST, TFG 2ND, TFG 4th, TFG 5th, TFG 6th

Bowski - Thornbury Turtles (TT) - TT 1st, TT 2nd, TT 3rd, TT 4th, TT 5th, TT 6th,

Go Balls Deep- GoBallsDeep (GBD) - GBDP 1st, GBD 2nd, GBD 3rd, TFG 3rd, TAS 3rd, GBD 4th, GBD 5th, JS 5th, GBD 6th, LB 6th

tenderwarrior - The Turbo Warriors (TW) - TW 2ND, TW 3rd, TW 4th, TW 5th TW 6th

Drew23 - Mitchell to Daniher (MTD) - MTD 1st, MTD 2ND, MTD 3rd, MTD 4th, MTD 5th, MTD 6th

kirbatron - The * Narkles (TFN) - TFN 2nd, TFN 3rd, TFN 4th, TFN 5th, TFN 6th

NoPositiveTests! - **** and Swimming (TAS) - TAS 1st, TAS 2nd, TAS 4th, TAS 5th, TAS 6th

Zim^zuM - Lolern Bulldogs (LB) - LB 3rd, LB 4th, LB 5th,

Jordie_tackles - City Oval Plovers (COP) - COP 1st, VT 1st, TW 1ST, RCR 2nd, COP2nd, COP 3RD, COP 5th, COP 6th

flaps - Rat City Ravens (RCR) - RCR 1st, LB 2nd, RCR 3rd, VT 3rd, COP 4th, RCR 4th, RCR 5th, VT 5th RCR 6th

Last edited:

Reserved for 2024/2025 Future picks

1/ Bulldogs get M. Walters
Jelstars get bulldogs round 6 pick

Lolern Bulldogs trade: Hunter Clark, Isaac Cumming, 2024 1st round pick (F1) to Jelstars Zac Merrett, Brad Crouch, 2024 3rd (F3)

Last edited:
OFF SEASON TRADES (Hopefully up to date as of 2/10/24 11:57 am)

(Puppy Power) trades Brendon Parfitt and Sam DeKonning to Matthew Jelley Jelley (Jelstars) for Picks 28 and 30. (VT2nd and JS3rd)

Viney's Troopers send Jack Ross to Jelstars for Alex Neal Bullen & pick 44

Lolern Bulldogs trade: Hunter Clark, Isaac Cumming, 2024 1st round pick (F1) to Jelstars Zac Merrett, Brad Crouch, 2024 3rd (F3)

City Oval Plover trade pick 26, 42, 43 to Rat City Ravens for pick 22

flaps trades 22 for 26, 42, 43 for City Oval Plovers

- Bulldogs get M. Walters Jelstars get bulldogs 24/25 round 6 pick

- Jelstars FC trade pick 58 to Go Balls Deep for Oliver Dempsey

- Bulldogs get Charlie Dixon Go Balls Deep get pick 82 (this draft)

- Plovers trade 12 and 21 Jelstars trade 9

Last edited:
Question, do we keep the rule regarding taking 3 draft picks into the draft for the coming draft? Please weigh in if you'd like to keep it, you'd like to scrap it or you don't care. I was gonna create a poll for it but i decided to keep the poll option for the possibility of more important things given the uncertainty regarding UF & the possible move to afl fantasy next season, well see how that goes. I've screenshotted everyone's teams in case it gets messy & ill upload those screenshots above.

I don’t care if we keep or drop the 3 pick rule. Maybe 3 list changes minimum works better though to allow for trade ins instead while still keeping everyone active.
Yep well the current rule is just that you have to take 3 list spots into the draft and then after that you can do what you want so you can trade in players or make the picks. Prob should keep it i guess just to promote activity...:think:

Yep well the current rule is just that you have to take 3 list spots into the draft and then after that you can do what you want so you can trade in players or make the picks. Prob should keep it i guess just to promote activity...:think:
I'm also happy with the 3 draft pick rule to remain as is, but not too fussed either way.
I'm in too for next year - the prospect of Vineys Troopers falling off the cliff is too good to ignore.:cool::D

I'm also happy with the 3 draft pick rule to remain as is, but not too fussed either way.
I'm in too for next year - the prospect of Vineys Troopers falling off the cliff is too good to ignore.:cool::D
Good to have you back bud, sorry in advance for disappointing you, but were gonna make a 5th straight GF and go back to back next yr. Think we will get stronger and have a few more years of competing for premierships and won't drop off for a while yet. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question, do we keep the rule regarding taking 3 draft picks into the draft for the coming draft? Please weigh in if you'd like to keep it, you'd like to scrap it or you don't care. I was gonna create a poll for it but i decided to keep the poll option for the possibility of more important things given the uncertainty regarding UF & the possible move to afl fantasy next season, well see how that goes. I've screenshotted everyone's teams in case it gets messy & ill upload those screenshots above.

Whatever tenderwarrior votes for I vote the opposite.

I thought we had decided to scrap this year after the last off-season? I thought Zim^zuM wanted it scrapped last year but it was decided to leave it to this year as some coaches had already planned their off-season list management strategies?
Did we? I thought we just decided to put off discussion til the off season? I don't rly care either way, just whatever ppl want to do.

I thought we had decided to scrap this year after the last off-season? I thought Zim^zuM wanted it scrapped last year but it was decided to leave it to this year as some coaches had already planned their off-season list management strategies?
I've already planned my off-season strategy revolved around delisting 3 players

Only 3? I just had a look at your team and thought you'd be delisting half your team;):D
Very true. I'd be super surprised if most teams don't make at least a couple of changes out of neccesity. Zim for instance is preparing to rebuild and has just had half his team delisted by ND as I've enabled dual 🐶 dog ownership so long as they are well looked after and walked daily.

So not scrapping it, but modifying it?
Yeah I guess. I'm not overly concerned which way it goes. I usually have a handful or retirements and delistings each yesr so I'm always on the draft. Some other list profiles are pretty different to mine though so it's understandable if some want it to stay and others want it changed.

I'm more concerned that anyone could at any point walk away from their team and the next coach could be screwed if that person hasn't gone to the draft a little. Hence why I think a minimum of one pick to keep everyone active is some sort of middle ground.

Honestly i think most teams will make changes every year and if a few teams dont use the draft to build i dont really think thats a huge issue. I've probably made less high draft picks than anyone in the past few years but due to it being near impossible to have 44 really good players that dont get delisted or retire ive still had to make 3-4 picks each yr. This yr id have to make at least 2 picks currently though it will probably be more once clubs have delisted players.

I dont think drafting is necessarily the stronger way to build a list, as evidenced by the strength of my team in this league vs my team in BFDL where i haven't finished above 10th in 5 years and have just had draft pick after draft pick. Having said that i did put a huge amount into young players the first 2 years in this league which gave me the assets and young premium players that have allowed for success. That being said, Jordie built a premier in the other league through rebuilding mostly through the draft so obv either strat is viable, it just needs to be done well. Anyways my point is just that going to the draft over trading your picks for players isnt neccesarily a better strat and thus i think we should allow coaches to do whatever. After all, even if someone trades their picks for players and leaves, you can usually just trade those players for picks again if you want.

Over the course of the 7 years ive run this league i think ive had to message 2 or 3 teams that they need to delist an extra 1 player. So really i dont think this is a huge issue, i just wanted to make a clear ruling on it as we left it up in the air last off-season. Originally the rule was put in place to be similar to real life and to encourage trading and activity around the draft. I know for myself i love drafting even when though it isn't really my strength and regardless of the rule i cant really see myself not wetting my appetite with a couple draft picks each year even if they are pick 60.

I'm just gonna put a poll up and the most votes on the poll decides it.

Back