Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2024 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my single season keeper draft this Saturday night. 10th anniversary which is nice.

For the esteemed coaches in here, who are you targeting with your later picks?

Forwards are rare as hens teeth so I'm flirting with Flanders in round 2, talk me out of it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I have pick 3 in my keeper on Saturday, strongly considering him for my 2nd or 3rd pick as I believe there will be a big gap
Hoping between that and picking Marshall 1st it will cause everyone else to go for rucks and forwards leaving plenty of midfield talent for my other picks
For late picks a couple of nice options I am thinking of
Hough - has been taking kick ins and may take the points Hurn leaves behind
Sparrow - there is a big gap in the Dees mid depth

Have paid for the league, still got 4
I have pick 3 in my keeper on Saturday, strongly considering him for my 2nd or 3rd pick as I believe there will be a big gap
Hoping between that and picking Marshall 1st it will cause everyone else to go for rucks and forwards leaving plenty of midfield talent for my other picks
For late picks a couple of nice options I am thinking of
Hough - has been taking kick ins and may take the points Hurn leaves behind
Sparrow - there is a big gap in the Dees mid depth
Sparrow doesnt rly accumulate though, he will see more CBAs but he just is never gonna be good fantasy player, its just sad but true, hes better IRL than in fantasy and i dont think even with Brayshaw retired that he'll have a great season fantasy wise, maybe 20 disposals and .7 goals a game or something at most, happy to be proven wrong but thats just how i see him having watched every min of the dees last few yrs. It's same with Harmes at the dogs, like ye hes at a new club and ye hell do better than the 40 something he averaged last yr but hes just never been a big accumulator, opportunity is fine but average players stay average players. Wish Sparrow would get better though and if he can become 70% of the player Brayshaw was that be nice.

Thanks for the input all, any little nugget of wisdom is worthwhile.

Hoping for a later draft pick to be honest, 14 would be great to constantly get the double up. Grab any sliders and positional guns without the pressure of a top 2 pick.

Going to go hard at Forwards early as Defenders have decent value late this year.

i always just end up forgetting bout doing trades week 2 or 3 then stop. Use to rly like those games but then found category draft stuff and its just 1000X better
Nah, not for me sorry. I'll be overseas for a good chunk this year so am limiting my teams to keepers only

Hey guys can the 4 players who havent paid pls do so in the next few days ideally, well 1 coach is overseas and has spoken to me but the other 3 can u pls transfer the $20 in the next half week or so if possible. Tx!

Don't name them.

But show us a list of who has paid so we can tick them off
Hehe they'll be pm'd in a week or 2 if they haven't paid but it's mostly ppl who haven't been on bf much over the past half week or so 🙃 it's no big deal but I got hookers and blow ordered for next weekend so I wouldn't mind getting the cash by then 😋 (I kid Im not into hookers) Joel Smith doesn't rly like it when I'm late with payment...

Are you in the contacts for a certain demon player?:rolleyes:
Lolol no I don't know any Melbourne or ex Melbourne players. The only AFL players I've ever had any real life not at the football or training interaction with is Ed Curnow coz his sister moved in to a share house I was living in in South Melbourne.

Actually pretty funny story, when I was in my early 20s, I had this kiwi housemate who went overseas and sub-let his room out to this random girl without her meeting any of us knowing anything about her. At the time it was a bit of a stoner house, we were all young and partied lots.

Anyways she moves in, after about a day I start cooking up this batch of weed edibles, she comes downstairs and is absolutely horrified though says nothing to me. Turns out she was training for the Olympics and was super straight edge/anti drugs and thought that the smell from cooking weed butter could be absorbed into her skin and she might test positive for cannabis because of it. (Which is totally ridiculous) She runs up to her room, calls her brother who turned out to be Ed Curnow and he rocks up an hour later and helps her move out. Myself and a housemate sat there just watching her move out and laughing lots. Still ind it funny to this day. I wonder if she ever ended up making the Olympics. 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't name them.

But show us a list of who has paid so we can tick them off
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Remind us deeman87 on lock outs this season.
It's individual game time lock outs, so players are only locked out when their teams' game starts, apart from that lineups/captains can always be edited. Free agents can no longer be added after the first sat game has started. GL for the season everyone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back