Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2023/2024 OFF-SEASON THREAD - LIST DEADLINE 10AM MONDAY 12TH FEB - DRAFT STARTS THURSDAY 6PM AEST

DO WE KEEP THE 3 DRAFT PICK RULE?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I have picks 1, 12, 14, 15, 21, 22, 29 and 57

Interested in upgrading my teen and twenties picks just as a have so many.

With the trend of more players seeming to become pure mids in UF and our starting lineup being 6B, 5M, 6F, 1R and 4U, does anyone think it might be an idea to change to 5B, 7M, 5F, 1R and 4U? It's not really feasible for this year given the team building that has gone on, but should we consider this (or something like this) for future years? I'm easy either way, just putting it out there as an idea.
(Actually I'm more pissed at 2 of my intended part time rucks losing their ruck status).:(

Just on that the only edit I think that could make sense is to lose 1 D and 1 F and add 2 U. I know it may seem odd that we need 6 defs and only 5 mids but its mirroring a real lineup

BBB
BBB
CCC
FFF
FFF
RCC

UUUU

Ye we def arent changing positions this season its totally off the table (i know you said that in your post already ND) and would need to happen at least 1 yr in advance to allow all coaches to plan for it. I say this and honestly having a 7th mid would greatly improve my team as much as anyone in the league given how many premium mids i have but i just dont think it's fair to coaches, especially those who have been building or made certain trades with positions in mind and im not at alll talking about myself. I think if any position change were to happen it would be best to add more utilities rather than mids as that would be less likely to hurt teams. But any large rule changes like this would need to be agreed upon by a large majority and at least a yr in advance of when it came in.

I dont really see the need for it, we all have the same lineup rules that apply to us, yes its difficult to get 6 very good defenders or 6 very good fwds, ive been battling it for 4-5 years in the other league and im still no where close to having 6 very good defenders. But that's why certain positions hold more value than others and its what makes the format interesting. Trying to balance positions, diff categories etc. Are we sure theres more pure mids this year than in prior years? Was there some kind of article about it or something?

MASSIVE MASSIVE TRADE ALERT:

deeman87 Bowski

Bulldogs get Charlie Dixon.
Go Balls Deep get pick 82 (this draft)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is a yo to date draft order not promising it is right but best I could just for reference.

1​
Plovers
2​
Jelstars
3​
Thornbury Turtles
4​
Wellington
5​
The Flaming Gallahs
6​
Jelstars
7​
Northern Dogs
8​
Flaps
9​
Plovers
10​
Go Balls Deep
11​
Mitchell to Daniher
12​
Jelstars
13​
**** and Swimming
14​
Plovers
15​
Plovers
16​
Jelstars
17​
Thornbury Turtles
18​
The f Narkles
19​
The Flaming Gallahs
20​
Wellington
21​
Jelstars
22​
Plovers
23​
Tender Warrior
24​
Go Balls Deep
25​
Mitchell to Daniher
26​
Rat City
27​
**** and Swimming
28​
Puppy Power
29​
Plovers
30​

Also, ive just updated the off-season trades and the pick board for this yr, when you get a minute, if you've made off season trades pls check ive got ur trades listed and tag me and quote the trade if ive missed it. Can always be edited so its not a huge deal if i do miss something and have to change it post lists but better to be done correctly first time. Tx. next yrs picks not updated yet as ill leave that for the season thread which ill start soon. Cheers

So will the draft start like Tuesday?
Nah, prob starts either Wed or Thursday night, depending on how long lists take, need to allow at least 1 day for everyone to check if ive made any mistakes. Well call it Thursday night 6pm start. Give everyone 2 days roughly to review lists and finalise trades

Ok new season thread is up, you can keep using this one for now and switch over to that post list-lodgement though it doesnt rly matter where u post for now. Pls see the draft start date which has been set for Thursday 6pm. Tx

Back