Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2024 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a loop hole. It's explotation lol
I'm all here for it. As long as everyone else does it too, it's just risk v reward for your lineup each week.

In saying that, I'd prefer a Saturday lockout so that I don't have to think about setting lineups by Sunday morning. haha.

I think the way we have loops is too easy by not having to have a non playing starter.
theres no way to make that a setting AFAIK. How does having to play a non playing starter to use emergency scores change anything lol, u can still just as easily use the emergency score. Regardless, the only setting you can change in this regard that i know of is Saturday morning lockout but i like the extra strategy and it also favours active coaches as well as depth. I mean the rules have been this way for all 8 yrs and u werent complaining winning a quarter of the premierships, why is it an issue now?

theres no way to make that a setting AFAIK. How does having to play a non playing starter to use emergency scores change anything lol, u can still just as easily use the emergency score. Regardless, the only setting you can change in this regard that i know of is Saturday morning lockout but i like the extra strategy and it also favours active coaches as well as depth. I mean the rules have been this way for all 8 yrs and u werent complaining winning a quarter of the premierships, why is it an issue now?

It is a setting, it's how it is in the other league. If you field a blank spot you get a donut. I actually didn't realise it was how this league was until late last season. I always fielded non selected players to do the loop.

Just bringing it up because I have exploited it badly this week. It feels like cheating.

It is a setting, it's how it is in the other league. If you field a blank spot you get a donut. I actually didn't realise it was how this league was until late last season. I always fielded non selected players to do the loop.

Just bringing it up because I have exploited it badly this week. It feels like cheating.
Tbh i didnt realise such a setting existed. I mean it makes very little difference but ill try and find the setting ur talking about. Like its very easy w 44 player lists to find a non playing player.

Tbh i didnt realise such a setting existed. I mean it makes very little difference but ill try and find the setting ur talking about. Like its very easy w 44 player lists to find a non playing player.
It's the actual default setting. It's no big deal I'm not having a fuss over it. But it's not as easy as it sounds having non playing players playing late, and the guys you want to loop playing early etc. Can't see many burning FA picks to use the loop.

A loophole only exists due to a rolling lockout. Same in the other formats. So the way we have it is a massive explotation of a rolling lockout. It's still a gamble if you then have other late outs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not campaigning to get rid of it lol

Just having a discussion because we lost our subsections because of this board not being active.

Here's the example of both leagues

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318_120552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_120552_Chrome.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240318_120750_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_120750_Gallery.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I was going to have a close loss but then it turned into a flogging due to losing several categories to minimal scores
Happy to at least be more competitive
Good game flaps
Yeah it should've been a lot closer. Kicks, marks and frees for/ag were all super tight. Could've gone either way.

On the other hand, my BFDL team got absolutely smoked 8-1!

It's the actual default setting. It's no big deal I'm not having a fuss over it. But it's not as easy as it sounds having non playing players playing late, and the guys you want to loop playing early etc. Can't see many burning FA picks to use the loop.

A loophole only exists due to a rolling lockout. Same in the other formats. So the way we have it is a massive explotation of a rolling lockout. It's still a gamble if you then have other late outs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not campaigning to get rid of it lol

Just having a discussion because we lost our subsections because of this board not being active.
Not fussed, original settings were chosen 8 yrs ago and i doubt i thought deeply or at all about this one, if theres no one who opposes it we can change it if most ppl prefer it but if theres anyone who seriously opposes it itll have to wait for an off season vote.

Hello. I’m overseas as of Sunday and will be away till after round 3. Should still have internet to set my lineup but just a heads up if I can’t be contacted or fluff the time difference.
Enjoy. I'll be in the same situation in early May and might struggle a bit as some areas may have limited internet

Hmm not the best start vs perennial premiership fav Zim^zuM with me forgetting there was football tonight and not doing my team until Harris Andrews was locked out. These every week byes are pesky for fantasy, really tests your depth having 5 guys out every week.

Hmm not the best start vs perennial premiership fav Zim^zuM with me forgetting there was football tonight and not doing my team until Harris Andrews was locked out. These every week byes are pesky for fantasy, really tests your depth having 5 guys out every week.
Gosh, I can only field three playing backs this week!

Been hammered with Outs to start the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back