AFL Toast 61 point smashing of St Kilda!

Remove this Banner Ad

6634XV.gif

My old dog looked at me like I'd lost the plot after this, standing in the living room clapping:)

Even better when you get to go on Friday night. Crowd was big.......for a while. There was 47k there in the first. 40k in the second. 35k in the third and would have been lucky to have 30k left at the end. Many of the Saints fans would have caught the last quarter at home if they would have liked to watch.

I have a Theory that the all red jumper helps with our handball link game. After years of dodgey away jumpers I think we now have the best in the AFL. Id like to know our win loss ratio when wearing the all red.

It was getting a bit late last night & I was giddy with joy at winning a Friday night game but did I really hear Bruce say at one point that he thinks Essendon is becoming everyone's favourite 2nd team (or words to that effect)?

Surely I was hearing things....

It was getting a bit late last night & I was giddy with joy at winning a Friday night game but did I really hear Bruce say at one point that he thinks Essendon is becoming everyone's favourite 2nd team (or words to that effect)?

It's because we are #sobrave ;)

That McKenna goal was great! All set up by a daring kick from Harts.

If Irish can get rid of the brain fades he has from time to time he'll be one of the best attacking HBFs in the league.

(Would appreciate a GIF if somebody feels up to it)

That McKenna goal was great! All set up by a daring kick from Harts.

If Irish can get rid of the brain fades he has from time to time he'll be one of the best attacking HBFs in the league.

(Would appreciate a GIF if somebody feels up to it)
When a guy takes the risks he does (which we want him to) then every now and then it's going to go **** up. I guess the hope would be that when he finds himself in those situations that he roosts it out on the full 70m out from goal rather than just lobbing it inside the defensive 50 and hoping for the best.

Wouldn't want to see him go back into his shell just because of one goal against per game, he's creating three.

I hope the players keep level heads, which I'm struggling to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It starts from the backline. Our back 6 won us the game by being so tight and miserly. Every single one of them contributed well to the cause.

Bird's inclusion proved invaluable. Not seen the stats yet but, our clearance work was as good as it has been all year with him in there.

There were a few times last night in our defensive half when we'd kick to Kelly and there would be a Saints player closing in. Most players would drop he ball but he is just so ******* good that held them every time. What a pick up.

Listening to the Dons players interviewed after the game... they were all humble which is good and they all spoke about how the Saints switch and run and how they had tactics to stop them.

It was great to hear about the tactics. But couldn't help but wonder if they put similar research into the Lions game plan. Wouldn't think so.

We need to take the Kangaroos as just as big a threat as Saints and put in a similar amount of research if we are to play at our best.

He called us sexy early in the call. Ew.

Great win, so many good performances but how the **** have the Saints won 9 games and defeat Giants and Tigers??!!
Saw their games against Dogs and Swans and they were as bad as last night. With a couple of exceptions that list is devoid of class. They'll lose the next two.

Great to see Gleeson play another ripper and Stewart has already surpassed my admittedly previous low expectations. Ten contested possessions, could have kicked 4-5 and had 2-3 assists.

Even better when you get to go on Friday night. Crowd was big.......for a while. There was 47k there in the first. 40k in the second. 35k in the third and would have been lucky to have 30k left at the end. Many of the Saints fans would have caught the last quarter at home if they would have liked to watch.
Credit to the saints family in front of me that stayed till the end, even after I spilled sauce on the wife, beer on the daughter and almost completed the trifetca with my coke zero on his son when it started fizzing and I barely stopped it just in time.
A) It was crowded; and
B) I was that guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back