Recommitted David Zaharakis [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a big fan of zaha

If we can't get dusty as a free agent then zaha is the one I'd go after next
Someone on our board said that you had a big monetary offer for him. I doubt you get Martin FWIW. I think Adelaide are the supposed front runners.

Incredibly overrated but is loyal enough. Surely Essendon can afford to keep him around though.

Incredibly overrated but is loyal enough. Surely Essendon can afford to keep him around though.

I don't think he's overrated - if anything he's become the resident whipping boy of late if you were to read the Essendon board of late.

I can't see him leaving Essendon or attracting any massive offers to be honest. If another club did come at him with a big offer I reckon we would part with him but I can't see it happening. I think he's one that really wants to be a one club player (was an Essendon supporter as a kid).

Not sure what this is worth but there was a recent article where Dodoro suggested that the CBA negotiations is the main item holding up Zaharakis, Parish and Daniher's re-signing and that he expects all 3 to re-sign once that is concluded.

I don't think he's overrated - if anything he's become the resident whipping boy of late if you were to read the Essendon board of late.

I can't see him leaving Essendon or attracting any massive offers to be honest. If another club did come at him with a big offer I reckon we would part with him but I can't see it happening. I think he's one that really wants to be a one club player (was an Essendon supporter as a kid).

Not sure what this is worth but there was a recent article where Dodoro suggested that the CBA negotiations is the main item holding up Zaharakis, Parish and Daniher's re-signing and that he expects all 3 to re-sign once that is concluded.
I remember monfries once stating he wanted to be a 250 gamer and captain at Essendon once. He high tailed out when he couldn't get midfield minutes.
I don't begrudge that, but loyalty is a rare thing.
That said, can't imagine any of the three leaving

I reckon he's gone. Total squib as well. Bombers will be better off without him.
I disagree. I don't think you guys would be better off without Brad Hill and he's one of the biggest downhill skiers I've seen. Every team needs skillful outside receivers, they just get a lot more opportunities to stand out in stronger teams. Zaharakis is a very damaging player when he's getting enough supply.

I disagree. I don't think you guys would be better off without Brad Hill and he's one of the biggest downhill skiers I've seen. Every team needs skillful outside receivers, they just get a lot more opportunities to stand out in stronger teams. Zaharakis is a very damaging player when he's getting enough supply.

Agree - in a good side he will be able to be damaging. His worth is interesting - the difference between his best and worst is huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

600K? Only if he learns to break a tag.

His good is great but his bad is woeful.

Last year he had 12 touches v the Roos, 11 v Freo, 13 v Lions and 15 against the Tigers and WCE - all with higher than 80% game time.

Last year was an aberation with no mature bodied mates to help him out (sheppards, blocks, etc, etc.)

Last year was an aberation with no mature bodied mates to help him out (sheppards, blocks, etc, etc.)
What? He had 13 v the Blues and 14 v Freo this year. Plus 3 games with 17. He goes missing with any attention. In a good side the attention would be reduce and so would his disappearing acts.

What? He had 13 v the Blues and 14 v Freo this year. Plus 3 games with 17. He goes missing with any attention. In a good side the attention would be reduce and so would his disappearing acts.

Two poor games from 16? Please. Spare me.. He is already our 3 - 5th midfielder and still our 2nd outside/inside midfielder (behind Zac Merret).

Attention means he is playing brilliantly, allows Zac (who a tagger often goes to first) off the leash. It's a team game. Zac had 29 (v Blues in a wet slog at the 'G', 28, 1 goal v Carlton just from the games in question).

It's a team sport and every team needs players of different abilities. Happy with Zaka and his output this year, in saying that, I would be disappointed to lose him, is a perfect fit for our midfield but you can't deny he has put together an outstanding last 9 weeks.

Zaharakis wasn't in good form at the start of the year. Turned it around against Geelong and has been great since

Two poor games from 16? Please. Spare me.. He is already our 3 - 5th midfielder and still our 2nd outside/inside midfielder (behind Zac Merret).

Attention means he is playing brilliantly, allows Zac (who a tagger often goes to first) off the leash. It's a team game. Zac had 29 (v Blues in a wet slog at the 'G', 28, 1 goal v Carlton just from the games in question).

It's a team sport and every team needs players of different abilities. Happy with Zaka and his output this year, in saying that, I would be disappointed to lose him, is a perfect fit for our midfield but you can't deny he has put together an outstanding last 9 weeks.
2 poor games? Get your rose coloured glasses off. He has had 20 or under in 7 games this year. Jump onto your board and check out the comments after a lot of his games. Your own supporters smash him.

Someone whose info I trust (especially when it comes to Essendon) told me he wants out. And that he wanted out last year.

Find it hard to believe, especially when he seems Essendon through and through.

Someone whose info I trust (especially when it comes to Essendon) told me he wants out. And that he wanted out last year.

Find it hard to believe, especially when he seems Essendon through and through.
I find that very hard to believe. I would think he will re-sign this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back