Eddie McGuire returning to co-host The Footy Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised this has happened, Hutchy nearly killed Footy Classified when he took over from Garry Lyon as host and has been doing likewise to TFS.

I wouldn't hire him as host of the local bingo night let alone two national tv shows.

Eddie will be an improvement but I don't think it will be enough to save it, it's days are numbered, once Sam calls it quits it will be the final nail in the coffin.

Do Eddie and Sam like each other?

Absolute best of friends.
No way would Eddie agree to return while Sam shown the door.

When Eddie toorak house had a fire and he lost his wine collection, secretly behind the scenes SAM worked on replacing it. All without Eddies knowledge. They thick as thieves.

Well this will kill off that PC correct Front Bar nonsense. As long as Nine don't continue to sabotage Newman things will be fine, I doubt Eddie will let that happen.
As for the wowsers on here: "Australians once disparaged ‘whingeing Poms’, but when it comes to whingeing, we have world-beating skills and panoramic tastes. "
Newman tells it like it is, his TV persona is vastly different to his off screen personality. The real problem is footy fans hate it when they hear the truth, they don't want to hear any criticism of their club or their players.
Newman doesn't give a stuff about that, in fact he's been just as critical of his own team as much as anyone else. Hutchy wasn't suited to the Footy Show, he's much better on the other analysis programs.
Newman wouldn't know half the players in the AFL these days.

Quit acting like he's insightful or relevant.

Sam Newman and the footy show wanted Eddie since Garry Lyon was axed and Eddie wanted back in as well.. but foxtel wouldn't let him. I'm guessing 9 have gotten desperate and paid a fortune for it or something.

I'd suggest 9 have agreed to pay a part or most of his Foxtel salary.
In theory fox footy getting Eddie for free. Good deal for them.
Watch out for the cross promotion as well. Expect more than a few fox footy mentions on TFS

I'd suggest 9 have agreed to pay a part or most of his Foxtel salary.
In theory fox footy getting Eddie for free. Good deal for them.
Watch out for the cross promotion as well. Expect more than a few fox footy mentions on TFS
Yeah that's what Sam Newman said in the interview on the radio I heard back when Garry was axed, he was saying he didn't understand why Foxtel wouldn't allow it considering ed is one of the best sprukers going around and he was more than happy to spread the word for Foxtel.

Arse kissing of who or what? He is just about the only CEO or commentator in the game who has the balls to stand up and say what we all want to say but can't, he's crossed the line a few times sure, does that make him a shut human or bad at what he does? No.
Born sycophant, kissed more arse to get where he has than anyone in living memory

Not surprised this has happened, Hutchy nearly killed Footy Classified when he took over from Garry Lyon as host and has been doing likewise to TFS.

I wouldn't hire him as host of the local bingo night let alone two national tv shows.

Eddie will be an improvement but I don't think it will be enough to save it, it's days are numbered, once Sam calls it quits it will be the final nail in the coffin.
I like Hutchy on SEN on Saturdays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has his flaws, but for the most part I like Eddie. I'm genuinely staggered though where he would find the time for this in what must be a jam packed schedule for him. Taking this on would be no small job. Is he dropping other commitments to do this?
MMM Breakfast, Fox Footy Friday and Saturdays, The Footy Show, Collingwood Pres, weight loss guru.

MMM Breakfast, Fox Footy Friday and Saturdays, The Footy Show, Collingwood Pres, weight loss guru.

He's atrocious on fox saturdays, i remember when Weideman debuted, he banged on about Collingwoods past for a few mins because of Weidemans grandpa playing for them. Uses any opportunity to spruik Collingwood.

Hinted they'd be changing the format

But then indicated they're still very keen on 'having fun again' so expecting it to be almost exactly the same show

Hey look everyone, a flamboyantly gay man! That'll get everyone laughing in 2017

Marmalade is almost funny to watch with how awful he is. 99% of his jokes fall flat even with the dumb boofhead footy show audience

Geez you sound like the life of the party.

Yes

Both sexist misogynist pigs who court controversy

They will be laughing at your comment straight to the bank eddie and sam are what australia is all about good on em hope the show kicks off and all the soy chai latte sipping political correct people of the world will be as offended as ever .
Great day for true blue aussie culture

They will be laughing at your comment straight to the bank eddie and sam are what australia is all about good on em hope the show kicks off and all the soy chai latte sipping political correct people of the world will be as offended as ever .
Great day for true blue aussie culture
Punctuation.

Use it.

Sam tries too hard to use The Footy Show as a platform for his political views. Seems last night was a result of him trying to do that again.

It aint funny. Especially without someone Sam respects to take the piss out of him for doing it. Eddie will at least provide that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back