Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

We dropped so many to start the season that statistically we've done our fair share (yes I know that probabilities of future events are not predicated on the outcome of past events but on balance it should appease the footy gods). If we can continue our current run of form we can do it, and there's no reason to think we can't or won't. We have pretty much all senior players available for selection which gives us enough depth to rest players and cover any injuries. Experience has shown that depth is key at the pointy end of the season. We are the agressors, we are the hunters now. Our game plan works, belief is huge, and, despite our youth, we've got the most finals experienced team in the comp, even more so given we've been playing finals-like football for months now. Barring some unforseen (and completely s**t) run of bad luck (or umpiring) we have every reason to finish 2017 unbeaten.

I'd love to see us go undefeated

Undefeated to next season.

It's what I want.
It's what the club deserves.
It's the kind of fairy tale the AFL needs.

I have belief our best is the best and it is possible. It continues with us putting a formal end to Hawthorns season on Friday night.

Also the first opportunity weve had to officially end their season since they ended ours in 2014.

If that hasnt come up in conversation within the group id be surprised.

I still think 7-8 is safe anything higher vanished from tonights loss.

Not really but it depends on results firstly and whether we can win next week drop that and we are in trouble as the Crows away is tough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 and 2 is my bet and we just miss out

Looks likely with the injuries, before last night I was hopeful we might grab 5th or 6th.

With no Kennedy next week we should rest Hanners too. He's almost pointless given he can't manage to run at more than 75%.
We can do the Crows, just tag Sloan. Why not rest all those who need it this week and concentrate on the other three. There's no point in limping into the finals with a crocked midfield. We can win it from anywhere in the 8 if our best are fit and firing.
Shame Freo fell over in the 4th. Would have given us a big chance.

Relax. We'll win our next 4 and finish 5th or 6th most likely. We're still the form team of the comp, our form just goes out the window for Hawthorn games.
If we win 4 we will be top 4. Richmond? Please. GWS in poor form too.
I think we'll go 3 and 1 to finish.

With no Kennedy next week we should rest Hanners too. He's almost pointless given he can't manage to run at more than 75%.
We can do the Crows, just tag Sloan. Why not rest all those who need it this week and concentrate on the other three. There's no point in limping into the finals with a crocked midfield. We can win it from anywhere in the 8 if our best are fit and firing.
We get a break before the finals anyway

If JPK is out for several weeks along with numerous other players getting banged up this could all end very quickly :(
Even if it does, no-one can say its been a boring year. Personally I think we still have a lot more of the roller coaster ride still to go!

Resting Hanners if JPK is out is a joke right? Next youll suggest we just call the Cats and say "we're not coming next weekend because Josh is out and we cant win so we're not bothering

Remove this Banner Ad

Back