Autopsy Geelong defeated by Swans by 46 points..

Remove this Banner Ad

Ot ditting in the stands being "managed" spare me.
We have a culture of players not being able to play injured while other clubs players play no matter what
Scott is your A typical cotton wool mum

Well, that's an interesting 180 degree twist on the usual nufnuff complaints about playing injured players too soon.

the Geelong team of 2007 would destroy this year's model.
The AFL getting what it wanted. Anyone can beat anyone.
Every side in the top 8 has a bad flaw and the Crows who are on top of the ladder are no different and here we are with no standout flag favourite and everyone can win it.

Personally I hate the pre-finals bye as it takes away the advantage of finishing top 4 somewhat but this should make an exciting finals series.
That said this Geelong side can't hold a candle to our great flag winning side yet sit second, Adelaide aren't great yet are first. Every side that finished top 4 between 2007 to 2010 would have no problem winning the flag this season, that's how far the standard has fallen and flattened out so that there are so many similarly quality sides.

Not sure which is better to be honest.

Danger took a dive 2 weeks ago v Crows to get a free. Is he a cheat too?

For some reason I blithely assumed that a post-match thread on the Geelong sub-forum relating to a match involving neither Adelaide nor Dangerfield would be a context even Adelaide fans would find it difficult to crowbar a gratuitous Dangerfield jibe in to.

How naive I was.

Menzel is being rested and will play the finals-he was alway going to miss games this year-that was the plan. He does make a difference. Gregson will be back no probs. McCarthy -lets see how the tassie dr goes. Cocky-we'll see. But all those players are but in our 22 because they are quality and make a diff.
We beat the hawks, that's all you have to do.
We have to make finals first. This it typical Scott always looking to the next not the now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I picked them to win by 3 goals. What has that got to do with the melodrama of people saying our season is over while we still sit 2nd?
Because we were never going to win tonight with the side we went in with and only a handful of supporters would pick us by 3 goals and you're one of them and here you are potting people who say we're gone when in seasons gone by we've sat in the top 4 and fecking crumbled.

Menzel is being rested and will play the finals-he was alway going to miss games this year-that was the plan. He does make a difference. Gregson will be back no probs. McCarthy -lets see how the tassie dr goes. Cocky-we'll see. But all those players are but in our 22 because they are quality and make a diff.
We beat the hawks, that's all you have to do.
None of Gregson, McCarthy or Cocky are coming back this year.

Not buying it - we put in the same performance against Sydney in the finals last year with our 'goal sneaks' available. The fact is we don't have any quality down there except when Hawkins decides to clunk them and spray them afterwards. Your telling me *McCartney* or Menzel would have made a difference tonight?

Yeah, Paul McCartney might have helped, I guess.

Ideal world... you faze in a 1 or 2 debutantes into a solid group of players with years of knowing each other , they come in show a glimpse here or there and you dont rely on them to do too much...We have far too many kids and first year players ... too many that are recent arrivals.Just too many guys that are not reliable. At times that match took me back to the days when Voss just smashed the living suitcase out of Corey... different era, different game style... but tonight we had too many guys who just couldn't mix it , too light , too inexperienced . So with that in mind is it any wonder we struggled.

Maybe tonight burst a few balloons full of hope.. Tonight had plenty of clarity of what may lay ahead if we dont get a fit mature team back. Look hard and and you could see another finals embarrassment out there circling the ground like some sort of September buzzard.

Yes there were some player that looked way too green. Buzza at times showed a bit and then at other times look like he was on the ropes with his hands up , just trying to stay on his feet. The thing is , I see no future in returning to Stanley at CHF.. to me its like when we moved on Arnott when he was a very handy player.. id rather put someone else in there see what they can do. No matter where we are on the deluded delusion of a ladder I really do not see us getting close to winning 3 big finals in a row so.. lets sort out if we kids worth keeping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back