Preview Face-Off: Round 22 v the Swanettes

Assuming they both play, do you think the club is right to select Walker and Sloane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey folks

Just wanted to pop in and say if any team was going to officially end our top 4 chances i'd be relieved it's you guys. Crazy respect for what you've done this year and your club in general, plus literally every single other team in the 8 are disgusting.

I hope this is a grand final preview because the comp needs a quality GF after the last four stinkers!

Crows wet weather form has been good, wont be dry on Friday

Agreed.

There is 10-30mm forecast for today, 3-10mm forecast for Wednesday, 8-25mm for Thursday and then 1-5mm on Friday.

That's a lot of rain forecast so, even if it doesn't rain during the game, the ball will get water-logged and slippery simply due to how wet the field will be.

So, who thinks that Tex, Sloane and Talia will all play?

Based on the comments made by players and coaches in the media I'm guessing we'll play all 3. Not sure that's a good idea, but that's what I think will happen.

Depending on what approach the club takes, that being whether we rest players with niggles (Sloane, Tex etc) or go all out to keep form...could this be Thommo's farewell game?

Hey folks

Just wanted to pop in and say if any team was going to officially end our top 4 chances i'd be relieved it's you guys. Crazy respect for what you've done this year and your club in general, plus literally every single other team in the 8 are disgusting.

I hope this is a grand final preview because the comp needs a quality GF after the last four stinkers!
Thanks mate, nice of you to say. Couldn't agree more on the GF preview as well. If the AFL really wants to see the best game from the 2 form teams then Sydney-Adelaide would be it by a country mile.

Agreed.

There is 10-30mm forecast for today, 3-10mm forecast for Wednesday, 8-25mm for Thursday and then 1-5mm on Friday.

That's a lot of rain forecast so, even if it doesn't rain during the game, the ball will get water-logged and slippery simply due to how wet the field will be.
I heard some crazy stat about our games in the wet this year, outscoring sides by 245 points in 3 wet games (Freo, WB, and PAP from memory). I think the Crouch boys seem to thrive playing in the slop, and obviously strong defensive structures become even harder to score against. I'd expect Sydney to be a tougher team then all those 3 though.

I heard some crazy stat about our games in the wet this year, outscoring sides by 245 points in 3 wet games (Freo, WB, and PAP from memory). I think the Crouch boys seem to thrive playing in the slop, and obviously strong defensive structures become even harder to score against. I'd expect Sydney to be a tougher team then all those 3 though.
Somewhat strangely, we have been able to handle the wet ball a lot, lot better than our opponents.

In the Showdown it was really noticeable how many time Power players fumbled the ball or dropped easy chest marks compared to Crows players. I have no idea why that is the case.

I'd love to know when the last time was that a team had a 100 point win and an 84 point win in the same season in wet conditions.Normally teams struggle to score 100 points in those conditions, yet we scored 143 points and 130 points. It actually didn't rain that much during the Freo game, but when it did it was almost like a monsoon, the rain was that thick and hard.

Somewhat strangely, we have been able to handle the wet ball a lot, lot better than our opponents.

In the Showdown it was really noticeable how many time Power players fumbled the ball or dropped easy chest marks compared to Crows players. I have no idea why that is the case.

I'd love to know when the last time was that a team had a 100 point win and an 84 point win in the same season in wet conditions.Normally teams struggle to score 100 points in those conditions, yet we scored 143 points and 130 points. It actually didn't rain that much during the Freo game, but when it did it was almost like a monsoon, the rain was that thick and hard.
Yeah that monsoon was crazy, even then though I remember us kicking goals and being clean with ball in hand. I cant put a reason as to why except maybe we just draft players with particularly good wet weather skills growing up.

We need to absolutely fly out of the blocks Friday night. Atkins needs to tear them a new one on the outside, the Crouch Bros need to get stuck right in and we absolutely must not let them get clean Fwd 50 entry.

If we get a 4 goal jump on them, we should power on through

They're from Beaufort (near Ballarat), it's always cold and terrible weather there so no wonder they don't mind it.

Depending on what approach the club takes, that being whether we rest players with niggles (Sloane, Tex etc) or go all out to keep form...could this be Thommo's farewell game?

If they're fit, play them. Or if they've got niggles that they can play through and that won't really benefit from the 1 week off then play them. We're chugging along quite nicely at the moment, I really don't want them to risk that by getting cute with selection. They'll get a rest in 2 weeks anyway, and that bye (followed by another one if we win the QF) will cause enough issues of its own without flirting with our form now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Tex talk about last year's loss makes me think no foot will be taken off the pedal.

The 22 to play this game won't be taking it lightly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah it seems like we are really setting ourselves for this game, want to make a statement.
Hard to dislike that attitude

Yeah it seems like we are really setting ourselves for this game, want to make a statement.
My inner pessimist is saying: "Pick your battles."

Yep - not unlike the Geelong game a few weeks back. It was obviously from the start that the players were sick of losing to Geelong and had set themselves to do something about it. Hopefully they'll come out with a similar mindset this week, too.

My inner pessimist is saying: "Pick your battles."
Exactly. Save the blind fury balls out revenge for a time when it counts for us. Let the anger simmer and call on it when we most need it. This isn't the game that'll win us the flag. We have little to gain and so much to risk by going the full on assault. Keep some powder dry tactic-wise and player physicality-wise. We have to be conservative with injured/slightly injured players.

Its very unfortunate for us, but Sydney and Geelong match up the best against us.
They will also be our biggest competition this year.

Bring it

i think we are a good wet weather team but i reckon sydney are the best wet weather team out of all the other 17 clubs. can remember many solid and dominant wins from them over the years in the rain.

We need to absolutely fly out of the blocks Friday night. Atkins needs to tear them a new one on the outside, the Crouch Bros need to get stuck right in and we absolutely must not let them get clean Fwd 50 entry.

If we get a 4 goal jump on them, we should power on through

Really, really hope we clamp down on both Atkins and Sloane. Would not be surprised to see Rohan on Atkins as I feel he is your barometer.

Back