News Membership/Finals ticketing

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know more details about allocation?

So the club gets around 17k tickets for members.

How many gold members do we have?

What is the split of those 17 k tickets. i.e. how many cat 1, 2, 3, down to standing etc ?

Basically trying to calculate the odds of getting a decent spot.

Is used to be capped at 10k, but with in increase in allocation I'm sure I remember hearing somewhere that it might have gone up to 12k?

Lets say that it's 12k gold there will be some those that forgot or missed it and those that can't go so I would say that there would be anywhere from 5-8k tickets for priority two members.

Is used to be capped at 10k, but with in increase in allocation I'm sure I remember hearing somewhere that it might have gone up to 12k?

Lets say that it's 12k gold there will be some those that forgot or missed it and those that can't go so I would say that there would be anywhere from 5-8k tickets for priority two members.
Would explain why membership staff are telling people they will be ok even if they select non standing tickets.

Nowhere near that many.

I'm a bit of a nerd so I did this analysis of #bays per section (MCC Reserve / AFL Reserve / Cat 1 - 7) then broken it up by level (M - Level 1, N - Level 2, P - Level 2A, Q - Level 3).

Gives you an idea about the breakdown of seats at what category and what level:

upload_2017-9-13_14-56-46.png

It is, however they randomly select out of the priority 1 membership starting at category 1, then category 2, etc. until they run out of priority 1s then they move onto priority 2, so it's unlikely a priority 1 will get standing tickets unless we have too many Gold members for seats we have allocated and too many request seats.

That'll be those Johnny Come Latelys who purchased the extra gold upgrades that the club opened up. I'll end up with a standing ticket whilst some newbie gets Cat 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just checked the ticketek site, it says "To give yourself the best opportunity to be successful in the ballot, we strongly recommend that you DO NOT select the following option when registering:
*Accept best avail reserved seat - No Standing"

is that legit? if I'm priority one, won't i just get a ticket???

The letter from the club stated exactly the same.

That'll be those Johnny Come Latelys who purchased the extra gold upgrades that the club opened up. I'll end up with a standing ticket whilst some newbie gets Cat 1.
That's me! Fingers crossed if we make it we both get reasonable seats.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

I have a feeling im going to get similar. Been a gold member for years, i can just see some of my mates who are Cat 2 getting decent seats and i'll be stuck standing.

Too many fingers in the pie when it comes to ticketing these days.

I'm doing my bit Crows. Do yours. ffs

Can't see cat 2 tickets getting seats while cat 1 stand. If it's down to cat 1 standing then surely all that will be left for cat 2 are standing tickets. Can't see how it would work otherwise if allocating best available randomly to cat 1 first with cat 2 only getting the leftovers. However they really should be able to absolutely guarantee cat 1 Seats. I've been paying for gold membership since 06.

Dad and I registered and got our confirmation email (Dad and Mum are Gold members). We selected that we're willing to accept standing only as we didn't want to risk missing out on a ticket otherwise.

Now the guys just have to do their part next week!

Has everyone got an email? Not sure we have yet. However I called them later querying the fact I didn't get an email. She said she wasn't sure they were doing emails but they definitely had my order (3 priority 1 inc standing room) and she gave me the same ticket account number that I got given earlier. And the order history in our account says the same. But no email. Maybe cause I ordered in the phone or because we changed the order? Is it stupid that I'm worried cause no email!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back