Game Day 2017 AFL Grand Final Thread: predictions, game day & post game reactions

Remove this Banner Ad

Cows by plenty
Betts most goals
Sloane the medal

Thank Christ I'm in the States the week leading up to and the weeks post this monstrosity. If the tigers manage to somehow do it......one of the biggest chokes in a GF ever. This is '97 all over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel as if the Crows winning a premiership under Pyke is inevitable, and that it might be best to just get it out the way now, then they lose Lever and Cameron then get complacent (that last point is a big call but it's happened to a few premiership teams).

As a dyed in the wool Port supporter, of course I can never have the Crows winning a flag. I don't like Richmond much at all but if they need to win a premiership in my lifetime then this year is the perfect time because of who they're playing.

Ultimately, I think that the Crows have been a level above the rest of the comp this year and should win. The only thing is that their MCG form is a little suss.

Crows by 26
Richard Douglas NS
Jacob Townsend First Goal

Wife is a former Adelaide supporter but turned to Port under my influence. Unfortunately she'll be donning her old Crows scarf and beanie (usually residents of the dress-up box nowadays) when we watch the game with friends - at least they're all Port supporters!

Crows will win by 30 odd I'd say. Betts most goals. a Crouch for Norm Smith, but Cameron an outside chance

I can't see Cotchin being suspended. A different rule book applies for GFs. Barry Hall wasn't suspended for his behind the play hit on Matt Maguire in the 2005 PF.
2005 was a completely different time however.

Tigers by 19pts
Brandon Ellis to be scapegoated by AFL to show how tough they are.
Richmond to be fined for wearing their traditional sash to run out in.
Sam Jacobs to get BOG but Cotchin's Hair to get the Norm Smith.
Crows fans to be in the media all week complaining about not getting tickets even though they aren't paid up members.
Umpires to make a run of decisions to swing momentum in Richmond's favour.
Jack Riewoldt to cry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back