Adelaide v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It's completely unnecessary. Have the Tigers wear white shorts. Problem solved and they don't have to wear that hideous getup in their first grand final in 35 years.
Oh boo hoo, you supporters of vfl dinosaur clubs need to get it in your heads this the afl,not vfl...the higher placed side always gets the choice of a home Guernsey in finals.
Just be thankful you still have the gf as a permanent fixture at the MCG every year.
Given a choice between wearing their home Guernsey or having to play at their home ground in the gf i think i know what choice the tiges would take,as would the other 17 afl clubs,if indeed it was an option

Won't be an easy game for the Crows, Tigers play brilliant footy at the G, its their home ground.
Crows don't play well at the G,should of have lost both games to Blues and Pies this year.
Either team can win the flag,its a 50/50 game.
Lol, no way were you a better side than us.

Seriously deluded!

Oh boo hoo, you supporters of vfl dinosaur clubs need to get it in your heads this the afl,not vfl...the higher placed side always gets the choice of a home Guernsey in finals.
Just be thankful you still have the gf as a permanent fixture at the MCG every year.
Given a choice between wearing their home Guernsey or having to play at their home ground in the gf i think i know what choice the tiges would take,as would the other 17 afl clubs,if indeed it was an option

Couldn't give a heck where they hosted the grand final. Should go to the highest placed teams home ground if it can contain over 70,000. Jumpers on the other hand are part of a clubs identity and shouldn't be ****ed with when firstly there isn't a significant clash and secondly that there are options to mitigate it.

I have no problem conceding that Adelaide have more talent than us, but it's a team game and I'm a bit bemused by predictions of a whitewash.

Adelaide d. GWS by 36 points
Richmond d. GWS by 36 points

Adelaide d. Geelong by 61 points
Richmond d. Geelong by 51 points

GF to be played at Richmond.

Crows played so badly at the MCG this year, that they are undefeated. ;)
4 goal win v 12th placed Hawks, but at the start of the year when Hawks were awful. The next 2 weeks Hawks lost by 86 point to both the Suns and Cats.
2 goal win v 16th placed Carlton.
Draw v 13th placed Collingwood and got 50 points down that game.

Not great.

4 goal win v 12th placed Hawks, but at the start of the year when Hawks were awful. The next 2 weeks Hawks lost by 86 point to both the Suns and Cats.
2 goal win v 16th placed Carlton.
Draw v 13th placed Collingwood and got 50 points down that game.

Not great.
How's our record against Richmond... ;)

Didnt Saints have to wear the clash jumper in the 1997 grand final? Which ironically was against Adelaide.
And St.Kilda finished 1st while Crows finished 4th. On the on of the shows on the radio they said it was decided by a coin toss. Anyone remember this?

Tigers game is a good game for finals. Predictions here are all bullshit. No one knows. The dogs couldn't win last year. Get excited Tiges fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW in 2002 Collingwood and Brisbane BOTH wore their HOME guernseys in the GF as the Lions finished second and the Pies fourth. No reason the same can't happen again.

This game shapes as being very similar in that the Lions were unbackable favourites (Adelaide this time as well) but were nearly upset as the Pies rode the emotion of the black and white army.

This time it is truly anyone's game and if Adelaide expect a walkover things could unravel very quickly!

Richmond reaching hard to be the 'underdogs'....not sure why?

Playing at home and in good form - would be one of the all time great chokes if they don't get up (especially if they have the umps as well!)

Playboi Carti out now on all streaming services!

Richmond reaching hard to be the 'underdogs'....not sure why?

Playing at home and in good form - would be one of the all time great chokes if they don't get up (especially if they have the umps as well!)

Playboi Carti out now on all streaming services!

Well... Adelaide are favorites according to the bookies, and most on here... so there's that.

I have no problem conceding that Adelaide have more talent than us, but it's a team game and I'm a bit bemused by predictions of a whitewash.

Adelaide d. GWS by 36 points
Richmond d. GWS by 36 points

Adelaide d. Geelong by 61 points
Richmond d. Geelong by 51 points

GF to be played at Richmond.

Agree with this. If there is any rain whatsoever I have Richmond favourites.

Didnt Saints have to wear the clash jumper in the 1997 grand final? Which ironically was against Adelaide.
And St.Kilda finished 1st while Crows finished 4th. On the on of the shows on the radio they said it was decided by a coin toss. Anyone remember this?
Not totally sure on that one ,thinking back they may have tho im sure the crows wore their white shorts too,thothat may have been the next year v north.
Cant comment on the coin toss thing, i think the set up in place now ,highest place finisher gets preference),is the most sensible and logical one(pretty rare in afl circles).
Either way i think its a total non issue and as usual kb is just dribbling s**t again ,as im sure most tigers supporters are just stoked to be in the gf.

We are playing on the MCG, I think that gives us between 2 and 3 goals start, I think we are going to need them and I wonder if that will be enough. We got one serious hiding this year, Adelaide in Adelaide.

Saints beat us badly but we did win the rebound game

With all 44 players lining up next weekend having never played in an AFL Grand Final before, I was wondering when the last time this might have happened was. My initial thoughts were maybe 1996, but Robert Scott had played in earlier GFs for Geelong. Any thoughts?

And St.Kilda finished 1st while Crows finished 4th.
Saints were using that design as their home jumper that year.

With all 44 players lining up next weekend having never played in an AFL Grand Final before, I was wondering when the last time this might have happened was. My initial thoughts were maybe 1996, but Robert Scott had played in earlier GFs for Geelong. Any thoughts?

The last time it happened was 1898 - the first ever grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back