Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 of 2017 - the "finals were better last year" Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't play a game sadly, don't know how we're going to rhyme anything with orange now on any Bay 13 Hip Hop threads
Lots of other things rhyme with 'Orange' i.e:

"When I was a child it was Auskick I'd play, and at half time we'd all have an orange"
"Now I wear red and black and I really cant say what that stuff was they put in my syringe."

Okay, suggestion time. I realize Mofra's probably formed his list in advance but I have a few 'left field' possibilities he might've overlooked. :)

G. Ablett Jnr - Seeming inability to travel, creator of off-field disharmony, refusal to run defensively, confirmed s**t bloke status
M. Stevic - Way down on performance for us compared to recent years
D. Wells - Paid $600k but can't get on the park for more than 10 games, very fortunate all the focus is on Mayne
D. Heppell - Formerly talked up as the next big thing but now a vanilla stat padder & lackluster captain
M. Blicavs - Very rarely do you see a player go backwards this far without it being age or injury related
J. Cameron - Shadow of the player he was now every backman knows not to let him stand goalside
J. Anderson - Thanks for the pick we used on Ryan Burton Norf
T. Boak - What's happened to this guy? Was once a star and now he's a plodder a year away from being the next Jobe
A. Aliir - So much for the hype of being talked up as a future AA, now he's plying his trade in the NEAFL
J. Johannisen - If he was listed on the stock exchange you'd be pissed if you decided not to cash out your shares in March
On the money re Stevic.

You can't pick a player who didn't play AFL at all this year (ie Aliir) otherwise this could easily turn into worst 50 NEAFL/VFL/WAFL/SANFL players of the year.

He can be nominated for worst alarm clock of the year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player 47 - Mark Lecras

Pictured: Hiring Chopper for his wedding day proved to be a success, noting that it's hard to find a wife when you have fish for legs.

Wait, the Frenchman? The 2010 AA small forward? He's got three bags of 4 goals this year!

Yes Bay, here it is. Mark Lecras has been a football favourite to watch for years, but is as cooked as an over-cooked meal that's been on the heat too long.

Sure he can finish - without alcohol, most of us can achieve that fairly quickly - but like most Bay denizens, you get a few minutes in total from Lecras per game and he's done. Like Bay posters he's lost pace, spent most of his time looking for cheapies (often out the back NTTAWWT) and struggles with separation. Previously a scream of "the Frenchman!" meant a miraculous goal had been kicked. This year, it simply means "oh he surrendered again".

As WCE limped towards the finals once again, Mark Lecras was symptomatic of their faded glory. Once a feared outfit, we all knew they were going to make finals but would be just making up the numbers much like a Carlton accountant. Of course they limped into Spotless stadium, where 4000 of the Giant's screaming fans saw the Eagles' season end. SEN rated this final game as Smart first term goal and got one in final term. Did nothing else. Cooked. On the plus side, it was slightly better than his game the week before.

West Coast are actually considering letting go around one more season, simply because at 31 he's 6 years younger than most of the mercenaries they signed last year. Without a pick 88 it's going to be hard to attract talent at the trade table this year.

Mark, Lecca, the Frenchman. It's been a great ride but like a Croat at a family function you need to know how to get yourself off. Welcome to the Bottom 50.
"Would be making up the numbers much like a Carlton accountant..." Nice work!

Todd Elton.

If at least one game is the criteria then surely Mitch White gets in for us, his game againsy sydney was the stuff of nightmares.
Saved by the 20 career game rule and the fact that supporters of the 17 other clubs have no ******* idea who he is (along with the majority of our own fanbase).
Seriously, he was way out of his depth and we'd have been better off luring the former Eagle/Cat Mitch White out of retirement for a week.
And only got a Bradbury selection in the 1's after 4 of his competitors for his spot fell over drunk the week before.

Saved by the 20 career game rule and the fact that supporters of the 17 other clubs have no ******* idea who he is (along with the majority of our own fanbase).
Seriously, he was way out of his depth and we'd have been better off luring the former Eagle/Cat Mitch White out of retirement for a week.
And only got a Bradbury selection in the 1's after 4 of his competitors for his spot fell over drunk the week before.

Ah I see. Also unfortunately your namesake could well be a surprise selection, despite his injury he was horrid on return.

Le Cras looks like the type of bloke that wears white oakleys. Disgrace to all French people

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back