News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

Knightmare , what do you make of this?

Pies needed to expand their list management/recruiting team, having the most under resourced recruiting department in the competition in recent years.

Can't comment on Ned Guy, as I have not crossed paths with him.

What I like is having Derek back as head recruiter/junior talent guy (that's what he does best) and I also like having a full timer looking at opposition list talent and mature agers (Rendell). Pies have long needed someone looking at opposition talent and mature agers. Hawthorn, Sydney and even Richmond this year, none of whom are great with u18 talent ID, have done a great job recruiting from other clubs and from the state leagues.

Refresh my memory, has this actually happened?
Paul Seedsman is the future of Collingwood. Beast is always right...
I also liked the cut of Marley William's jib :(

Serves me right for trying to be positive once in a blue moon when it's blatantly obvious rubbishing just about everything that happened under Buckley's watch is the right horse to back.
Anzacday , please note.

Serves me right for trying to be positive once in a blue moon when it's blatantly obvious rubbishing just about everything that happened under Buckley's watch is the right horse to back.
Anzacday , please note.
Cheer up PB. There is always beer. Matter of fact...

Anzacday , please note.
So that's it, teddy out the cot and no more positivity?

So that's it, teddy out the cot and no more positivity?
Yep, I've clearly went over my quota.

My outlook will remain grim until further notice.

Paul Seedsman is the future of Collingwood. Beast is always right...
Come now, it was meant to be, Paul Seedman is the future of Adelaide.

( how's that's working out ? )

Anzacday , please note.

I was a fan of both Seedsman and Williams so don't take it to heart.

just needed to have happened 2 years ago, to avoid the Chris Mayne & Daniel Wells fiascos, and throw in James Aish, Jessie White, Corey Gault & Jarryd Blair for good measure.

He hasnt done us any favours so far btw. Lever and Smith choosing other clubs.. Sloane awaiting an Adelaide extension in his words.

Can only imagine the recent negotiations went something like this...

"Hi Ned, we'd love Lever and Smith to come to us..."
"Sorry guys, your list is shite... youre nowhere near in a premiership window, and youre the only ones who dont know it"
"Really... wow... ok. Thanks for your honesty. Since you sound like you know what youre doing, do you think you could could help get us out of this hole?"
"Double my pay and I'll consider it"
"Ok Ned, done & much appreciated. With your help, hopefully we can fix this problem we're in..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just needed to have happened 2 years ago, to avoid the Chris Mayne & Daniel Wells fiascos, and throw in James Aish, Jessie White, Corey Gault & Jarryd Blair for good measure.

He hasnt done us any favours so far btw. Lever and Smith choosing other clubs.. Sloane awaiting an Adelaide extension in his words.

Can only imagine the recent negotiations went something like this...

"Hi Ned, we'd love Lever and Smith to come to us..."
"Sorry guys, your list is shite... youre nowhere near in a premiership window, and youre the only ones who dont know it"
"Really... wow... ok. Thanks for your honesty. Since you sound like you know what youre doing, do you think you could could help get us out of this hole?"
"Double my pay and I'll consider it"
"Ok Ned, done & much appreciated. With your help, hopefully we can fix this problem we're in..."

Harsh on AIsh as he has Way more Upside then White,Gault,Mayne and Blair

Harsh on AIsh as he has Way more Upside then White,Gault,Mayne and Blair
I would have thought so too, but after last year, I have begun to change my mind about him. He has been in the system 4 years now and has simply not been good enough to justify a spot in the team, let alone his high selection. Another recruiting failure.

What sort of influence will this guy have during this trade period for us? I mean, he is going to be our head of list management going forward so does that mean we will ask for his input into any deals that we make (namely the Schache one)?

What sort of influence will this guy have during this trade period for us? I mean, he is going to be our head of list management going forward so does that mean we will ask for his input into any deals that we make (namely the Schache one)?
Probably none at this trade period as he has not started his job with us and it would be a clear conflict of interest.

Anzacday , please note.
I really liked the cut of Marley's jib too.....hang on....what is a jib again?

Still coming to grips with the idea that Collingwood, the club that loves nothing more than to brag about how it has the best of everything, had one of the most under resourced recruiting departments in the comp.

I just...I

I can't.

Pies needed to expand their list management/recruiting team, having the most under resourced recruiting department in the competition in recent years.

Can't comment on Ned Guy, as I have not crossed paths with him.

What I like is having Derek back as head recruiter/junior talent guy (that's what he does best) and I also like having a full timer looking at opposition list talent and mature agers (Rendell). Pies have long needed someone looking at opposition talent and mature agers. Hawthorn, Sydney and even Richmond this year, none of whom are great with u18 talent ID, have done a great job recruiting from other clubs and from the state leagues.

I'm not doubting your knowledge, but how would it be even possible that Collingwood would be under-resourced in any area, let alone recruiting? How would this have happened under Eddie's and Pertie's watch? I always assumed that we were the best resourced club full stop.

Can anybody explain how this may have come about?

I'm not doubting your knowledge, but how would it be even possible that Collingwood would be under-resourced in any area, let alone recruiting? How would this have happened under Eddie's and Pertie's watch? I always assumed that we were the best resourced club full stop.

FD tax

The only 'information' I know of is a reported statement from the club that we need to address our cap - no details, no facts, no background.
From this some have deduced that we are paupers and the laughing stock of the league.
Typical big foot off season trash talk really.

Not willing to pay into the tax for going over football department spend.

Since the Malthouse days, this has been concern numero uno.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back