Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the bulldog flogs think Stringer is the second coming of Jesus and is only worth a top 10 pick.

Has had one good season, did sweet f all this year apart from nail a few birds, and at the same time both him and the bulldogs want to part ways which was all public for everyone to see.

But sure, pick 1 or bust.... dumbasses

I have no issues with TB, always backing Essendon in from what i've seen. Who cares about a spelling error? pffft petty.
I think he's just stunned by the irony of it all. People hanging off the words of a journalist that misspells words.

You're absolutley right though, it's not a biggie. Although it is sort of like ordering a meal and getting back mould/expired ingredients.

I have no issues with TB, always backing Essendon in from what i've seen. Who cares about a spelling error? pffft petty.
Check my post again. I didn't say anything about his credibility as journalist, only that for someone that has their career evolve around the selective and creative use of the english language, that is a really basic error.

I don't have an issue with him either, only that tweet that he so obviously and easily should have corrected.

If your favourite math professor stuffs up an equation in front of his class, does your liking to him mean he shouldn't be corrected?

Dogs wanted pick 11 huh? Well lucky for them...

1l8i.png

Check my post again. I didn't say anything about his credibility as journalist, only that for someone that has their career evolve around the selective and creative use of the english language, that is a really basic error.

I don't have an issue with him either, only that tweet that he so obviously and easily should have corrected.

If your favourite math professor stuffs up an equation in front of his class, does your liking to him mean he shouldn't be corrected?

sorry, totally misread, didn't realise you were just correcting Tom?

Can we now get back to talking about Devon and other possible trades?

1l8i.png
I see your point (no pun intended). But the draft value index is really only relevant if you are bidding for a player or matching a bid for a player in the draft. In a shallow draft such as this year that apparently drops off pretty steeply after about pick 15, picks in the 20s are no where near as worth as much as pick 11.
sorry, totally misread, didn't realise you were just correcting Tom?

Can we now get back to talking about Devon and other possible trades?
Pretty much, other than his spelling I have no issue with him.

Agreed, play on.

Dodoro to get Saad then flip 2x second round picks for Stringer I reckon.
That's my guess
Dogs take the points for west or we don't deal
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-12/free-agent-menzel-hunting-longerterm-deal

I know we are pretty deep in for Stringer, but I would rather keep the picks, forget Stringer and go for Menzel for free as an unrestricted free agent.

would come on a cheaper contract,
no baggage or character issues,
basically the same type of player (but managed to kick 40 goals this year in 19 games)
keep the picks we have like i said.

We are probably committed to Stringer now, but if i am dodoro and the Doggies keep acting like jerks and dragging their feet i would call their bluff and move on to Menzel.
not a bad deal but he's prone to doing little other being a burst goal threat
Stringer can play through the middle and provide a more dangerous all round threat in the forward line
That said, now we have smith, not too fussed what we do now

Are we the last club in the league to trade away a future pick? feels like everyone has done it but us until now
In 2015, Essendon, Hawthorn, and West Coast were the only clubs not to trade 2016 future picks.
In 2016, Adelaide, Essendon, Melbourne, Sydney and West Coast didn't trade any of their 2017 picks.

So now that we have, it's just West Coast left that haven't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldog fans getting salty on tge jake stringer thread. hahaha

Hope you guys screw em.

Hate the dogs cant stand em

I am enjoying every moment of it.

1l8i.png
Sadly, we just don't need that many picks in this year's draft, so accepting that would be unfeasible. The points calculator is therefore pointless to assess that deal, considering our tight list spots. Where it is more useful is to calculate what you paid for Smith. No matter where the Giants finish in 2017, it looks like GWS almost gave Smith away as steak knives.

I personally would have done that trade with our pick 9 and laughed all the way to the bank. Well played.

rediculous ??? how is this man a journalist!!!!

Its RIDiculous buddy.
Man alive, you'd think a guy who's job is literally all about words would spell check at least.

Come on man, this is 2017. I think everyone gave up on spelling in 2010. We live in a spell it how you say it world now.

Want the Saad deal done with GCS ASAP.
That way can focus on smaller deals for fringe type players.
As the Stringer trade if it does happen will be on the last day in the final 10 mins before deadline.
As long as we end up with Smith (already done), Saad and still have our first round pick next year I'll be happy with this trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back