Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog fans getting salty on tge jake stringer thread. I got a ban for 2 weeks for team name calling hahaha

Hope you guys screw em.

Hate the dogs cant stand em

Hate the dogs and north attitude that they are the greatest battlers to ever battle.

Listening to them talk to each other is like listening to the 4 Yorkshiremen.

View attachment 427452
Wait, what?! Essendon have managed a top-end trade? I remember a time long, long ago when a Wellman and a Barnard came to our club via a trade. But that is a time many of you would be too young to recall.

The use of that image is great on many levels.

Basically what he said.

I think we do the Gold Coast deal perhaps today, then do the Stringer deal next week.

We have enough to negotiate with Gold Coast. It would be pretty cool if we announced Smith and Saad on the same day like they did last week.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-12/free-agent-menzel-hunting-longerterm-deal

I know we are pretty deep in for Stringer, but I would rather keep the picks, forget Stringer and go for Menzel for free as an unrestricted free agent.

would come on a cheaper contract,
no baggage or character issues,
basically the same type of player (but managed to kick 40 goals this year in 19 games)
keep the picks we have like i said.

We are probably committed to Stringer now, but if i am dodoro and the Doggies keep acting like jerks and dragging their feet i would call their bluff and move on to Menzel.

hopefully this will all be wrapped up in fairly short order

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-10-12/were-on-the-move

“We’re being very proactive in trying to get the deals done as quickly as we can,” Dodoro said.

“We’re on the move and we’ve got some ammunition up our sleeve to try and get the other two deals done hopefully … we hope to get them done fairly quickly.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically what he said.

I think we do the Gold Coast deal perhaps today, then do the Stringer deal next week.

We have enough to negotiate with Gold Coast. It would be pretty cool if we announced Smith and Saad on the same day like they did last week.
rediculous ??? how is this man a journalist!!!!

Its RIDiculous buddy.
Man alive, you'd think a guy who's job is literally all about words would spell check at least.

rediculous ??? how is this man a journalist!!!!

Its RIDiculous buddy.
Man alive, you'd think a guy who's job is literally all about words would spell check at least.
This s**t annoys me enough when nuffies on forums do it but when your occupational tool is words it's unforgivable. It's a bit like a surgeon using a fish instead of a scalpel.

Last edited:
This s**t annoys me enough when nuffies on forums do it but when you occupational tool is words it's unforgivable. It's a bit like a surgeon using a fish instead of a scalpel.
... or is that 'a sturgeon using a fist instead of a staple'?... I'm not sure...

For me the most important line is

“We wanted some further picks to get some other stuff happening later in the trade period. I think it is a good deal for us.”

Looks like we might offer one of those next year second round picks to the Dogs or the Suns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back