List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton fans dancing in the streets, that’s how fair it is o_O. Can’t find one unhappy Carlton poster. Telling.
maybe their backslapping hysterics and our wrist slitting defeatists are at the melodramatic extremes, and the actual reality of the trades worth lies somewhere in the middle.
just a thought

Mate if you don’t realise the value that Cameron has on our team than that’s your problem!
Don’t confuse the situation the Crows will a weaker team next year, most certainly a slower team as well as the unknown mental fragility of expectation.
I see what he brings, sometimes. Gallucci replaces him and provides similar attributes.

I'm just not great at jumping at shadows.

Mate if you don’t realise the value that Cameron has on our team than that’s your problem!
Don’t confuse the situation the Crows will a weaker team next year, most certainly a slower team as well as the unknown mental fragility of expectation.
Not sure about that. Smith for Seedsman is a loss but only a minor one. Cameron for Gibbs is a big improvement. If we can find someone to play Lever's role (as much as I liked Lever, his role is arguably the easiest on the field to play) we'll be better than last year.

We just need Carlton to Carltank next year to reap the rewards of their 2nd draft pick and we have helped facilitate that process by decimating their midfield in 2018.

Could this be a masterstroke?

Leonardo-Dicaprio-Cheers.jpg
They won't need to tank mate. Without Gibbs they are bottom 4 again if not bottom 2. That 2nd round pick next year is guaranteed to be inside 25 at worst when we take into account potential academy, F&S and compensation picks.

The trade effectively looks good if we make the assumption that Carlton finish near the bottom of the ladder next year.

Is that a safe assumption? Can be hard to tell in footy.
Bryce will leave a huge hole in our midfield...

But depends on the growth of Kennedy (assume we get him), SPS, Cripps etc...

I don't think we are wooden spoon bad, but bottom 6.

Not sure about that. Smith for Seedsman is a loss but only a minor one. Cameron for Gibbs is a big improvement. If we can find someone to play Lever's role (as much as I liked Lever, his role is arguably the easiest on the field to play) we'll be better than last year.

Come on man seriously how is Seedsman anywhere near Smith? Seedsman is a ******* pretender goes to water.
Don’t get me Wrong I like Gibbs and I rate him highly and I wanted him last year but he isn’t a Cameron replacement! He is a different player.
He doesn’t bring the same pressure.

We will be a weaker and slower team next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine looks a bit like Stevie J and Alan Didak’s love child

He’s got a cocky bit of arrogance about him

Not sure he gets enough of it to go tip top in the draft so he might be in range if we package up a couple of picks
I really like that kid. More then any other in next years draft

I like that we are being decisive with a clear plan.

In the past we let stuff happen to us, this looks like a plan being executed

I don’t even if care if it’s a good plan, I’d rather we take charge of our destiny

Yeah feels good. Hamish has runs on the board and lets hope he's had a big say in this..

The only reason why this looks like a bad trade for Adelaide is because you guys thought you could get him a whole lot cheaper. The reality is losing Gibbs is going to set us back quite a bit and make you guys a force to be reckoned with. Our midfield was lacking depth as it is so it was going to take a substantial deal to get him off us.

You still have a host of good picks heading into the future, unlike Geelong who have destroyed their future with no first round picks for 3 years now.

I beg to differ mate.... GWS away, WB AT Etihad Tigers at MCG, Swans At SCG! These are games we will definitely get and no guarantees we win them.
I guess we will see.
But everyone here is an expert. Everyone says Fogarty is a star but an option to get him is there and we pass it up suddenly he is irrelevant.

Lets wait for the draw shall we before we panic about it? Odds are we get 11 games at home too.

Equally we don't know if we have passed on Fogarty or not yet. That's something to assess after trade period dependant on the Cameron deal.

Okay, so looking at the trade:

Pick 10 for Gibbs
Pick 16 for Carltons 2018 2nd(likely 19-25)
Crows 2018 2nd(30-38) for Carltons 2018 3rd (38-45)
Pick 73 for pick 77 (who cares...)

Probably not as bad as initial thoughts, but also not amazing. The success of this trade also depends on us being successful next year and Carlton remaining cellar dwellers. I gather we're keen on next years draft, because our hand for this years draft is currently useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back