2018 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

And a Thursday night. Pretty good overall.

Club also seeking clarification from the AFL re not getting Good Friday.

2 trips to Perth and Adelaide, but only Canberra in Round 1 apart from that. 4 Friday nights, 2 at home plus Pies away at Etihad.

Very happy

We again have a 6 day break on the back of going to Perth.

Overall pretty good though

13 games at Eithad, 2 at the MCG and 2 in Ballarat. Pretty good if you ask me.
2 trips to Adelaide Oval
2 trips to Perth Stadium
1 trip to Canberra
Overall very happy with all of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 of the last 7 as a home game (in Ballarat)! WTF is that?!
I dunno but the fact that we have a few of those at Etihad makes up for it in a football sense, but Im concerned about members and the income the club will bring in during those seven weeks

Also, it happened this year with Hawthorn, why do we wait all the way until round 23 to play Richmond for the first time??

Yep, good fixture.
4 Friday nights with 2 or them home games is better than 8 Friday night games with only 1 being a home game this year - money wise anyway.
We're back to 3 Sunday twilight games (bloody graveyard shift).
Not playing any of the good teams twice.
Cannot argue with any of that except we've been booted from Good Friday when it was our turn to host it.

Yep, good fixture.
4 Friday nights with 2 or them home games is better than 8 Friday night games with only 1 being a home game this year - money wise anyway.
We're back to 3 Sunday twilight games (bloody graveyard shift).
Not playing any of the good teams twice.
Cannot argue with any of that except we've been booted from Good Friday when it was our turn to host it.
We have zero Sunday twilight games

I looked through expecting the worst but I can't really find anything to complain about.
We get a great start to the year with a mass of home games. The secret is to get wins on the board early so this is surely a good thing.
We get away games against Collingwood and Carlton at Etihad.
NO GAME IN GEELONG!!!!
We don't get the blockbuster Friday nights like Richmond but this year is more about getting back up the ladder and winning rather than ratings.

Pretty happy overall, 4 Friday nights & 2 at home against Vic clubs Carlton & Geelong is a good result.
No away game to geelong, praise jeebus

Last 4 all designated away games though, that’s a bit harsh but acceptable if we take care of the home games well

1 of the last 7 as a home game (in Ballarat)! WTF is that?!
It's a fair point about the away games in the run home but 2 of them are at the MCG which we will take anytime and we have the Saints, North and Carlton at Etihad. I'll take that.

I would also assume that with the 2 games in Ballarat, there will be make up games and the 2 at the MCG would suit perfectly which softens the blow

I dunno but the fact that we have a few of those at Etihad makes up for it in a football sense, but Im concerned about members and the income the club will bring in during those seven weeks
Better that it happens at the end of the season than the start, can you imagine if the draw was reversed and we didn't have a home Etihad game until round 8! On the flip side, 5 of our first 8 are home games at Etihad, plus another home game in Ballarat.

Good draw though. I'm pleased that the AFL didn't boot us from Friday night completely, which would have been the case in seasons gone by, and we don't get too many late Sunday games which is fortunate.

The only thing I think is missing is an extra 1 or 2 games at the MCG, but we rarely get more than 2 there in the H&A season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back