Actors you cannot stand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Cruise
Martin Lawrence (Except for Life)
Will Smith
The entire cast of Friends (Except for JA)
Kevin Costner
Kevin Bacon
Whoopi Goldberg

Oh and Forest Whittaker. Boring as hell actor who seems to only get roles because producers see his dinky eye and assume it makes him more talented.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with actress Zooey Deshchanel as she put in a great performance in Bridge to Terabithia in a straight, relatively dramatic role as a school teacher, but some of the quirky characters she has played in comedies tended to get on my nerves and I simply didn't find funny. Worst was her 'New Girl' character Jess, who was just too quirky to be believable and too self aware of what she was like to be amusing.

Two lesser known actresses I won't criticize as I haven't seen them in other works and they were playing two of the worst characters ever conceived. On the big screen this was Kate Capshaw, who played the terrible character Willie Scott in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in 1984. Capshaw was a relative unknown, but Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn, Darryl Hannah or a young Michelle Pfieffer could not have made anything of this character. On the small screen Aarti Mann played the abysmal, grating Priya in The Big Bang Theory. I don't know how the writers perceived Priya when they created her, but this character seemed to only be able to show bored indifference and speak in a flat monotone no matter what emotion was required for the scene.

Julian Moore. Her femmo tendencies don’t help, but her 45 degree slope from the top of her forehead to the end of her nose makes me want to stab her.

Rebel Wilson. No explanation necessary.

Jennifer Carpenter from Dexter. File the top of your ears off you f***ing elf.

The c*** who played Joffrey. By all accounts he’s a great kid. But Joffrey was a c***.

Terry Crews. How the f*** did he even get a start in film?

Nick Gianoppoulis. Not one thing I have ever seen him do is funny. Yeah you’re a f***in Greek, we get it.

Owen Wilson. Can you PLEASE, deliver a line without that winsome grin on your horribly disfigured face.

Every cast member of Big Bang. All c***s.

As distinct from Tom Cruise, who is/was criminally miscast in the role of Reacher.

Reacher is supposed to be 6'4" and built like a mountain. Casting a 5'2" pygmy in the role was never, ever, going to work.

Like I mentioned, the problem when an actor buys the film rights, and therefore then casts the movie.

If a director, for example, was doing the film, then he may have cast someone more appropriate. But when an actor does it, most of the time they cast themselves.

Cruise needs to take a leaf out of Reese Witherspoon's book. She was co-executive producer of the film, "Gone Girl", yet didn't cast herself in the role played by Rosamun Pike, because Witherspoon thought that she would be wrong for the role.

Was it because he was too good looking for the role?

No, because Face is supposed to be fresh-faced and unshaven, since his face is his main asset. Brad Cooper didn't shave for the role, so it took away from the character.

I also thought that he didn't look very much like Face in the "A-Team" TV series, and I felt that he got the role more because "The Hangover" was big at the time, rather than being the best person for the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's put it well.

Explaining the casting decision, author Lee Child said that it would be impossible to find a suitable actor to play the giant Reacher and to recreate the feel of the book onscreen, and that Cruise had the talent to make an effective Reacher. Child also said, "Reacher's size in the books is a metaphor for an unstoppable force, which Cruise portrays in his own way." Of Cruise's relatively small stature, Child said, "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height."

Cruise needs to take a leaf out of Reese Witherspoon's book. She was co-executive producer of the film, "Gone Girl", yet didn't cast herself in the role played by Rosamun Pike, because Witherspoon thought that she would be wrong for the role.

Ironic comparison given that Cruise's opposite in Reacher is Rosamund Pike.

Cruise is probably my favourite actor (wrong thread but topical). I realised this when I went back and noticed how many of his films I really like. He throws himself into his roles 110%; you can't question his professionalism and the facial emotion he exudes is his performances.

Another thing I admire about Tom Cruise is that he was able to overcome dyslexia.

Tom Cruise used to be dyslexic, and this affected him reading scripts. His wife at the time, Mimi Rogers, was a Scientologist, and she invited him to a course where they taught him how to overcome his dyslexia. This then helped him with reading scripts, gain confidence, and apply for more movie roles.

I understand that this is partly why Cruise embraced Scientology, because they helped him overcome a major stumbling block in his career, and how successful an actor he has become today might be attributed, in part, to how the course that helped him overcome it run by the Church of Scientology, may make him feel some loyalty to them, however misguided. I mean, if someone helped you out, you would feel that you "owed" them somewhat. Well, Scientology helped Cruise's career, so he probably felt that he owed them something (and they might have felt that he owed them something).

Ryan Reynolds, Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Winslet, Channing Tatum, Leonardo Dicraprio, Chris Pratt, Michael Facebender, Justin Long (in lead roles), Katherine Heigl, Michael Eisenberg, Jesse Cera

Why are so many hating on Kirsten Stewart? I can't think of anything she's done outside of Twilight?

It goes without saying, anybody who hates Kristen Stewart hasn't seen Clouds of Sils Maria or Personal Shopper. Ditto Robert Pattinson in Cosmopolis and Good Time.

Also reasons that most people who saw Twilight probably never saw those movies.

It goes without saying, anybody who hates Kristen Stewart hasn't seen Clouds of Sils Maria or Personal Shopper. Ditto Robert Pattinson in Cosmopolis and Good Time.

Also reasons that most people who saw Twilight probably never saw those movies.
Haven't seen Twilight. But I thought she was good in most stuff i've seen her in. Off the top of my head pretty good in Speak, Still Alice and her role in Into the Wild.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back