List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is currently Uncontracted? So it is still a possibility , this must be concerning to Smith
Why , cause at present he's training for a spot
If so he will be offered at best a rookie spot IMO
Then We may well go best at 6 , best fit at 38 and 2 mid age experienced heads at 56 , 61
I hope this is the play
I don’t know whether or not he’s uncontracted, but as he’s at the club, training with the other players, and has not been delisted, we can only assume he will be on the senior list in 2018 at this point, and therefore myst be counted amongst the senior listed players.

Also like to point out that
A/ pick 70 gives us flexibility to rookie or delist smith in my opinion it also means we can use it
We had other later picks, available so pick 70 didn’t give us any of that flexibility. We already had it.

Until Smith is officially delisted he’s regarded as a senior listed player. Pick 70 is not currently live, and won’t be until another player is delisted, which at this point looks unlikely.

Un contracted since oct 31

We had other later picks, available so pick 70 didn’t give us any of that flexibility. We already had it.

So if smith is unsigned as per oct 31 he is out of contract and not listed therefore at first list lodgement

PICK 70 is alive , and we should have believed our recruiting and we go in with 5 picks not 4
And if that's the case , I would like a mature player or 2 at those mid picks
Zac Clark,Collins could be something suprising who knows

I don’t know whether or not he’s uncontracted, but as he’s at the club, training with the other players, and has not been delisted, we can only assume he will be on the senior list in 2018 at this point, and therefore myst be counted amongst the senior listed players.

Did you read my post
First list lodgement not on
TRAINING FOR A SPOT
NO GAURANTEES

Give it up man
Were using 70
He's in limbo

So if smith is unsigned as per oct 31 he is out of contract and not listed therefore at first list lodgement

PICK 70 is alive , and we should have believed our recruiting and we go in with 5 picks not 4
And if that's the case , I would like a mature player or 2 at those mid picks
Zac Clark,Collins could be something suprising who knows
Did you read my post
First list lodgement not on
TRAINING FOR A SPOT
NO GAURANTEES
Give it up man
Were using 70
He's in limbo
You need to read up on the list rules. A player can still be on the list without a signed contract. Until he is officially delisted he has to be considered a part of the senior list. Your opinion on the situation means squat, that’s the way it is.

Unless you have some sort of genuine proof that Smith is ‘training for a list spot’, then you’re full of it, and frankly, given that Smith has always been one of our best trainers since he arrived at the club I find it extremely hard to believe that his spot would be subject to the way he trains.

Just finished reading LOU - My Wonderful Life.

I know it's not going to happen but how good would it be for the Pannam & Richards name to continue out our wonderful Club.

R.I.P Lou Richards what a legend.

Just finished reading LOU - My Wonderful Life.

I know it's not going to happen but how good would it be for the Pannam & Richards name to continue out our wonderful Club.

R.I.P Lou Richards what a legend.

There should be a Grandfather/Son Rule maybe stricter then Father/Son where the Grand Father have to play between 150-200 Games for the Club to Qualifty

There should be a Grandfather/Son Rule maybe stricter then Father/Son where the Grand Father have to play between 150-200 Games for the Club to Qualifty

Great suggestion Dave.

It really is going to sadden me to see Ed Richards in anything other than a Pies jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what read do you get on list size
38+6
39+5
40+4
I have a 40 + 4
Lynch, oxley,Thomas, as rookies
1 pendles
2 Grundy
3 at
4 Adams
5 Howe
6 Elliott
7 mayne
8 Dunn
9 wells
10 crisp
11 Sidey
12 mcclarty
13 Kirby
14 daicos
15 Phillips
16 seir
17 shaz
18 aish
19 Langdon
20 broomy
21 Reid
22 sack
23 Blair
24 wills
25 Levi
26 de goey
27 Moore
28 Crocker
29 WHE
30 Maynard
31 cox
32 Murray
33 varcoe
34 fasolo
35 c brown
My understanding is smith still unsigned and can be rookied ?
36 pick 6
37 pick 38
38 pick 56
39 pick 61
40 tyler pick 70
With no announcement/s on Smith (re-signing/delisted) or Thomas (rookie/promoted) and Oxley yet to be drafted as a rookie here's my read:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-oxley-delisted.1181397/page-3#post-53265696
SENIOR
Vacant
40 - (Schade filled this position as a preseason nominated rookie)
39 - Oxley
38 - Ramsay
37 - Sinclair
List spot filled
36 - Keeffe -> Cox promotion
35 - White -> Murray​

ROOKIE
Vacant
R3 - McCarthy
R4 - Mackie
R5 (or senior 40) - Schade
R6 (or senior 39) - not used in 2017
List spot filled
R1 - Lynch
R2 - Thomas (may yet be promoted)

CATEGORY B ROOKIE
Vacant
1 - Cox
2 - not used in 2017
3 - not used in 2017​

I don’t think there has to be a formal announcement about upgrading from the rookie list does there? Although I doubt Thomas would be.
It only has to form part of the list lodgement with the AFL. Normally clubs publish details of that first list lodgement, but CFC hasn't yet done so this year. Like Smith in the absence of an announcement I'm assuming the status quo remains unchanged.

You need to read up on the list rules. A player can still be on the list without a signed contract. Until he is officially delisted he has to be considered a part of the senior list. Your opinion on the situation means squat, that’s the way it is.

Unless you have some sort of genuine proof that Smith is ‘training for a list spot’, then you’re full of it, and frankly, given that Smith has always been one of our best trainers since he arrived at the club I find it extremely hard to believe that his spot would be subject to the way he trains.

Been to training much
Best trainers whatever , can't play no value
In limbo
How's only 4 spots going for you
Who did you assume was still on the list
SMITH AINT

Been to training much
Best trainers whatever , can't play no value
In limbo
How's only 4 spots going for you
Who did you assume was still on the list
SMITH AINT
Show me some proof that he’s not on the list.

Thomas will sit on the rookie list another year I'd imagine, with the new rule in place making rookies available for selection without needing a long term injury on the primary list. He has a third year as a rookie in 2018 then either promotion to the primary list or delisting

Childish apex
Couldn't I say the same
Explain why he's in limbo
Is he in limbo? Are you somehow privy to his contract status? Or are you making assumptions based on the club not making an announcement, which they didn’t do with Blair last year either?

The only fact we actually have is that he hasn’t yet been de-listed. If he hasn’t been delisted, then by definition, he is still on the senior list, regardless of what you assume his contract to be.

I’ll ask you again, do you have any proof that he’s “training for his spot”?

With no announcement/s on Smith (re-signing/delisted) or Thomas (rookie/promoted) and Oxley yet to be drafted as a rookie here's my read:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-oxley-delisted.1181397/page-3#post-53265696

Gee it would be a great move to give a guy a 1 year contract extension when still eligible for the rookie list even better to program another contract to expire when over 1/2 list is out of contract at that time
He's a rookie or he would have got 2 like the others resigned
Oxley was delisted and offered a rookie spot as he was is contracted and had to be paid out anouced at time
Smith is still lingering between spot, rookie or see ya
As mentioned like most guys delisted or in fact out of contract you wait and see
Lynch has been resigned
40 and 4

Show me some proof that he’s not on the list.

You haven't shown any that he has
You admit he is not the holder of a current contract and you split hairs delist blah blah
We havent made a call yet as we dont need to Therefore we're keeping our powder dry
The club is considering the option I have mentioned
Depending on who's available
We might still be using that pick you said we wouldn't use
You obviously miscalculated and you have not even considered the scenario I have presented
It's as plausible as yours , in fact even more so with rookies not needing upgrading
We did the same last year with Blair , made him sweat , made a late call 1 year very low coin with triggers
If the rookies didn't have to be upgraded to play do you think he might have been rookied
Things have to play out still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back