List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a Grandfather/Son Rule maybe stricter then Father/Son where the Grand Father have to play between 150-200 Games for the Club to Qualifty
Great suggestion Dave.

It really is going to sadden me to see Ed Richards in anything other than a Pies jumper.
I do agree with the sentiment, guys. Young Ed Richards is the grandson of Ron Richards (not Lou), and he only played 143 games for us. He obviously did a lot more for the club after he finished playing, but that's another story. I'd say we've done very well out of the F/S rule. I think it's one of the truly great things our game has going for it (I don't know of any other sport where so many kids go on to play at the top level like their parents did). In this case it's just bad luck; if he turns out to be any good hopefully we'll end up getting him some time down the track!

You haven't shown any that he has
You admit he is not the holder of a current contract and you split hairs delist blah blah
We havent made a call yet as we dont need to Therefore we're keeping our powder dry
The club is considering the option I have mentioned
Depending on who's available
We might still be using that pick you said we wouldn't use
You obviously miscalculated and you have not even considered the scenario I have presented
It's as plausible as yours , in fact even more so with rookies not needing upgrading
We did the same last year with Blair , made him sweat , made a late call 1 year very low coin with triggers
If the rookies didn't have to be upgraded to play do you think he might have been rookied
Things have to play out still
The fact that he hasn’t been delisted is proof that he is still on the list, by its very definition.

We’re working with facts here, not fantasy scenarios you’ve made up in your head where Smith is in some kind of limbo with his contract. Until he is actually officially delisted, he is considered a part of our list, and therefore pick 70 is not live.

Stop posting irrelevant twaddle and stick to facts, because your litttle fantasies where Smith is delisted and pick 70 is live are just that at this point. Fantasies.

You haven't shown any that he has
You admit he is not the holder of a current contract and you split hairs delist blah blah
We havent made a call yet as we dont need to Therefore we're keeping our powder dry
The club is considering the option I have mentioned
Depending on who's available
We might still be using that pick you said we wouldn't use
You obviously miscalculated and you have not even considered the scenario I have presented
It's as plausible as yours , in fact even more so with rookies not needing upgrading
We did the same last year with Blair , made him sweat , made a late call 1 year very low coin with triggers
If the rookies didn't have to be upgraded to play do you think he might have been rookied
Things have to play out still

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/players/seniors

The fact that he hasn’t been delisted is proof that he is still on the list, by its very definition.

We’re working with facts here, not fantasy scenarios you’ve made up in your head where Smith is in some kind of limbo with his contract. Until he is actually officially delisted, he is considered a part of our list, and therefore pick 70 is not live.

Stop posting irrelevant twaddle and stick to facts, because your litttle fantasies where Smith is delisted and pick 70 is live are just that at this point. Fantasies.

If I remember correctly your fantastic mind Russell started this
Still happy to have a different opinion, like arses were all got em
It's all speculation
How come your always right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice link which proves what, he's in a photo and smiles nice
no Murray mentioned there I noticed what does that mean, Oh maybe it's not finalised , doesn't still have a contract
Or we didn't trade for Sam?
Or he's decided not to come and quit due to the knee jerk reactions on here to his recruitment at pick 47 odd

That is the senior list as it stands, as per the club, all currently delisted players excluded. You asked for proof. Here it is. Straight from the horses mouth. Murray will be added at the appropriate time, Thomas may well slide back to the Rookie list, others may still yet be delisted, but that is the senior list. Not sure why you're even arguing the point.

Any news on Smith?

2nd to Tom Phillips in the 2km time trial this morning. Maybe training for his list spot is working for him :p

On a side note if he was not still on the list wouldn't we need permission from the AFL to have him attend training this morning?

That is the senior list as it stands, as per the club, all currently delisted players excluded. You asked for proof. Here it is. Straight from the horses mouth. Murray will be added at the appropriate time, Thomas may well slide back to the Rookie list, others may still yet be delisted, but that is the senior list. Not sure why you're even arguing the point.
Because it suits his narrative of pick 70 being somehow useful.

2nd to Tom Phillips in the 2km time trial this morning. Maybe training for his list spot is working for him :p

On a side note if he was not still on the list wouldn't we need permission from the AFL to have him attend training this morning?
Correct.

His endurance has always been good, I'd be more interested if he'd run 2nd to WHE in a sprint, or had actually won a 1v1 contest, or even blanketed an opponent.

Com

Common practice all good clubs do

We can wait till after the draft to delist Smith can’t we? See what’s on offer at pick 70 if there is something we like take it and delist Smith after?
Picks are only live if there’s a free list spot at the time, so no. If we delist Smith after the draft then it would be to pick up a DFA, or alternatively because we want to take a senior list of 39 and 5 rookies in to 2017 (assuming we use all our available draft picks on draft night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back