News Josh Gibson in celebrity jungle

Remove this Banner Ad

I've resisted the very worst of puerile commercial tv, namely the soaps and reality tv, for nearly 50 years.
Tonight I broke.
Was channel surfing, saw Josh and settled in. Though only for the last 15 minutes.

(Im really worried about what's gonna happen to him in there. Does he have access to shaving gear to maintain his shadow?)

Any chance Clarkos genius will be channelled by Gibbo, and he will mentor Tonic? A sensible, successful, pro athlete from the non tennis fishbowl. Would be interesting

Oh, and I love Mundine.

Not sure if I've finally joined bogankind, or its heatstroke and I will wake up better after an early night.

I don't get the hatred towards Tomic. Here is another teenage prodigy (Dokic anyone?) who has had to put up with an absolute prick of a father/coach/manager. Then to top it off he has had all the Australian public who think he owes them. Well feck me. Too bad if he disappoints. He owes the Australian public absolutely jack. I can put up with his melts and arrogance because, as they say, I have no skin in his game. If he wants to pull his finger out, then great. If not, who should care?
He's an absolute prat

Refused to shake hands when he was young in any match he played

Complained that girls wouldnt sleep with him

All round winner

So he's run out of money huh

Been stated previously that he’s got business interests that are doing well.

Would you turn down a six figure sum for a couple of weeks work? I doubt it.

So he's run out of money huh

He thought he could raise money by selling his premiership medals.

The only problem is that Hawthorn premiership medals are so common they are not worth much!

Unbelievable that Tomic has got as far as he has with that attitude. He has the ability to be number one but the attitude to be lucky to play for the Dimboola D grade tennis team.

What would the implications be for Hawthorn to have Bernie train with the team? Not just as a one off, but a proper pre-season/season. Install some team ethos and install something resembling a 6-pack.

Before you jump on me about a 'no dickheads policy'... it's also a wider question. What implications does the AFL with people from other sports training on a consistent basis with a team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would the implications be for Hawthorn to have Bernie train with the team? Not just as a one off, but a proper pre-season/season. Install some team ethos and install something resembling a 6-pack.

Before you jump on me about a 'no dickheads policy'... it's also a wider question. What implications does the AFL with people from other sports training on a consistent basis with a team?

I am not crazy about our team resources being used on someone who isn't going to repay us on field, or at least potentially pay us back on field like our academy players. The fitness he needs is mental fitness - he would be better off having a couple of heart to heart talks with Clarko to get that in order.

I am not crazy about our team resources being used on someone who isn't going to repay us on field, or at least potentially pay us back on field like our academy players. The fitness he needs is mental fitness - he would be better off having a couple of heart to heart talks with Clarko to get that in order.
Clarko would be amazing. But with Tomic, he'd have to want to be helped. That'd be the hurdle.

I'm not saying we'd do it for free. I'd expect the club to be compensated. Maybe 50k for the year. And it wouldn't be open to the public. You'd have to be invited. He'd have access to our facilities, coaches, medical staff etc. He just wouldn't play on the weekend. It would be like having a personal trainer but it's a club training you.

We see one off training sessions with Melbourne Storm, or Melbourne Victory etc etc. with clubs all the time. Is there any inhibitor for a club to do it for an individual and on an ongoing basis?

We see one off training sessions with Melbourne Storm, or Melbourne Victory etc etc. with clubs all the time. Is there any inhibitor for a club to do it for an individual and on an ongoing basis?

Those training sessions are to learn different skills and exchange ideas so have mutual benefit for both teams. Not sure that our players would learn anything of value from a tennis player. Even if he was to pay for the privilege I wouldn't be wild about the idea. I would rather all our developing players to be getting all the attention they can from our coaching and training staff - not a petulant tennis player.

Just as sporting organisations around the world have opened their doors to our coaches, administrators and players, so too could I see it happen if Tomic was seriously interested.

I have no doubt our fitness, or nutritionist etc guys would wan to talk to him, about any number of things like recovery, or coping with performance and the amount of travel these guys do. Heck anyone with any interest in sports psychology would want to have a chat as well. If only to see where it all went wrong.

On the tennis front. Pat Cash was round the club forever, and I do remember him bringing the Poo down and cringing over the association. I'd hate to see the s**t slung our way if Tomic was introduced to the environment and he continued with his floggish ways. He'd leave a hell of a stink.

On the other hand, if he was ready and willing, and in the right frame of mind ... I could see the prospect of a challenge like that would be quite appealing to Clarko.

Why are people entertaining the thought of having that pea-heart loser anywhere near the club? Is our culture too strong that we have to lower it a few pegs by bringing in whiners who don't like to work? He'd give up 5 minutes into any program devised in any case.

I realise we can't really discuss betting on this board but I'd love to see a market on the following:

a) Gibbo nailing the blonde
b) Tomic retiring hurt before the show airs tomorrow.

Both $1.05 in my estimates
Well b) wasn't too far off and it appears that a) may happen too. Gibbo walking around flaunting his abbs and Simone flaunting her.......um.....upper abbs :D

Well b) wasn't too far off and it appears that a) may happen too. Gibbo walking around flaunting his abbs and Simone flaunting her.......um.....upper abbs :D
fun bags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back