NFL 2018 NFL Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
49ers MLB Reuben Foster is accused of dragging his girlfriend during an argument that led to his arrest for domestic violence.

Foster's girlfriend also told police Foster owns "multiple" semiautomatic rifles, one of which was found by officers during Foster's arrest. Foster allegedly "physically dragged" the woman in an attempt to remove her from his home. Sources told the San Jose Mercury News the girlfriend was "injured," but the extent of her injuries is not yet known. Foster was released on $75,000 bail on Sunday.

Source: San Jose Mercury News

A 19-year-old woman has accused Kareem Hunt of "shoving and pushing" her in downtown Cleveland over the weekend.

The alleged incident occurred at 3:45 AM on Saturday morning. No charges have been filed yet. Another woman who was with Hunt and his friends at the time claims 19-year-old Abigail Ottinger assaulted her, instigating the melee. One police report lists Hunt as a suspect, and another police report lists Ottinger as the suspect, meaning there is a "cross complaint." The group was reportedly together on a party bus in downtown Cleveland. Hunt's friend told police they kicked girls out of his apartment when they learned they were only 19. Hunt's friend also said Ottinger called them "racial slurs" when told to leave.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

The Hunt case doesn't sound like much if what we've been told so far is true
Agree. Sounds like to me they were all partying a group of the girls were found out to be 19 so Hunt and his group removed them from the party.

Saban cares more about winning titles than developing people, he will take any talent, warts and all.
Thats true about his CB's they hold more than most OL's and get beat almost every play. they might have 1-2 good seasons then they are trash.

I think some of the arrests are because of how hard they are worked in college [and most mistakes get swept away by the cops] so they can finally act up and think they will still get away with s**t.

Oh boy

Pretty sure that's a big no-no in Cali

Trade him to Cincinnati. Marvin Lewis got an extension so it's same old-same old.. Felon fraternity club.

Last edited:
Just for the record, as I was busy off-line during the Supabah, the VGFL reference would of been an absolute doozy.. on that Zac Ertz TD play, I saw something quite damning.. there was a false start by the LT missed. :):D

Mike Pereira also said Eagles lined up incorrectly on the infamous 4th down play.

Cheats!

"They lined up wrong," Pereira said in an interview with the Talk of Fame Sports Network podcast.

“Not only that, it’s a trick play. And if you’re going to run a trick-type play, then you have to be lined up properly. You could either have six men on the line, or you could have an ineligible number lined up at the end of the line, which was the case. I know what the league has said, but they would have been a lot more comfortable if they would have called an illegal formation.

“We always use a yard (within the line of scrimmage), maybe a yard-and-a-half. But that’s two. And even a little bit beyond two. It’s kind of one of those that has no effect on the play. I get it. But they didn’t line up properly. And it really should’ve been called.”

The issue under debate here is whether Alshon Jeffery was close enough to the line of scrimmage. By rule, seven players have to be lined up on the line of scrimmage at the time of the snap, and pictures seemed to show only six Eagles at the line. Jeffery did "check in" with the referee standing at the line of scrimmage, a tactic receivers often use to confirm their team won't be flagged by officials.

I’ve thrown the red flag....I want Woodson VGFL verdict on this!

Awaiting review

Just for the record, as I was busy off-line during the Supabah, the VGFL reference would of been an absolute doozy.. on that Zac Ertz TD play, I saw something quite damning.. there was a false start by the LT missed. :):D
the NFL seemed to give up on most of the false starts and DL lined up in the neutral zone this season that were not the most obvious ones.

players lined up offside pissed me off this season, every game it happened. but it wasnt just on the D. illegal formations were missed

There was one i saw this year when a WR was 1 yd over the LoS and he wasnt even supposed to be on the line since the TE was on the end line it might of been the Packers/Ravens game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike Pereira also said Eagles lined up incorrectly on the infamous 4th down play.

Cheats!

I’ve thrown the red flag....I want Woodson VGFL verdict on this!

Awaiting review

Wouldn't have gone unnoticed (clearly illegal formation) in the Vic Bowls let alone in the regular season slogs back in the day... tellin' ya folks, these NFL officials GOT NOTHING (now and back then) on my immaculate crew of the late 90's. WE WERE HANDS DOWN WORLD's BEST. :D:thumbsu::rainbow:

the NFL seemed to give up on most of the false starts and DL lined up in the neutral zone this season that were not the most obvious ones.

players lined up offside pissed me off this season, every game it happened. but it wasnt just on the D. illegal formations were missed

There was one i saw this year when a WR was 1 yd over the LoS and he wasnt even supposed to be on the line since the TE was on the end line it might of been the Packers/Ravens game.

Most people / NFL fans don't know it... they are watching an inferior group / 'incompetence' where no standard exists.. Goodell isn't my kinda commish anyway.. yet most of the complacent owner$ love him.. :sick::rolleyes::drunk:

That cornbread conversation between the two refs <3
the ravens assistant threatening to murder Harbaugh for the nickname was also good. because of the grin on Harbaugh.

You could see it as he was never set without moving. or that he was off the line. He is lined up far back hard to tell if his head is on the centers belt by the angle but looks close.

But refs dont call teams for that anymore.

Definitely no false start there.

Maybe the VGFL is all that it's talked up to be ;)

I will find the angle... and show it to you..

No losing the super bowl is like getting the girl back home and she's all naked and trying hard to get you going but you can't get it up. Eventually you get dressed again in shame and disgust and the girl will never give you another chance again.

Not making playoffs is like going to the bar and getting rejected and going home alone.

Making but losing in the playoffs is like getting a few numbers at the bar but nothing eventuates.

I don't know about all this experience personally, this is just what some friends have told me.

congratulations, you are the king of crappy analogies.

coming second in any sport is the next best thing than coming first. sure its painful to come so close and come up empty, but I would much rather be a bills fan during their 4 straight superbowl appearances than a browns fan now.

AFC:
1. Steelers
2. Patriots
3. Raiders
4. Texans
5. Chargers
6. Jaguars

NFC:
1. Falcons
2. Eagles
3. 49ers
4. Packers