The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if she's anxious about it, she's perfectly capable of moving herself. Why does the onus fall on the person minding their own business?
Exactly. If she crossed the road and she wasn't followed to that side of the road clearly she wasn't being creepily followed and both walkers are fine to go about their business.

End of the day someone crosses the road the other stays and it proves there's no harm about to be caused. Doesn't really matter who crosses because nobody is doing the wrong thing being anxious (the girl) or just minding their own business (the guy in this case)

Was late to the party but have now watched all 4 seasons of Black Mirror, great show.

My top 5 eps:

1 Shut up and Dance
2 USS Callister
3 White Christmas
4 Hang the DJ
5 Playtest
Geez how to pick a top five.

1. San Junipero
2. The National Anthem
3. Be Right Back
4. USS Callister
5. Shut Up and Dance

Unlucky - Metalhead

Great show.
1. Nosedive
2. Shut up and dance
3. Be right back
4. San Junipero
5. White bear

Metalhead was probably my least favourite. Tried to be too much and didn't really make sense to me.

This whole discussion reminds me of a video I watched a while back in a rather obtuse way. If you’re willing to watch it, it discusses hypocrisy in choosing to be offended by the “n” word above all else because of white guilt, whilst happily showing no remorse in wishing hate or harm on someone...but that’s ok, as long as I’m against the “n” word. We seem to be conditioned to feel guilty for what is not necessarily there.

I still believe the best course of action is inaction in this walking case. Let her get far enough ahead that she feels she is safe.

If you’re going to watch, be warned, you will hear the “n” work and it does meander a bit...skip to 1.05 to avoid pointless intro.

Here's a dilemma.

You're walking behind a woman and get the feeling she might be uncomfortable. So you decide you'll cross the road. On the other side of the road, however, is another woman you'd be walking behind. You going across the road to walk behind her might make Woman 2 think you've crossed specifically to follow her, thus making her less comfortable than Woman 1.

What do?

Or, if a woman is already walking down the street and a man turns into the same street from a side street, not knowing that the woman was walking down the street already.

Or, if a man is already walking down the street and a woman up ahead suddenly appears out of a side street.

I would do the least uncomfortable thing and yell out

This whole discussion reminds me of a video I watched a while back in a rather obtuse way. If you’re willing to watch it, it discusses hypocrisy in choosing to be offended by the “n” word above all else because of white guilt, whilst happily showing no remorse in wishing hate or harm on someone...but that’s ok, as long as I’m against the “n” word. We seem to be conditioned to feel guilty for what is not necessarily there.

I still believe the best course of action is inaction in this walking case. Let her get far enough ahead that she feels she is safe.

If you’re going to watch, be warned, you will hear the “n” work and it does meander a bit...skip to 1.05 to avoid pointless intro.

* I love iDubbbz.

Had a day off today and have had the Winter Olympics on in the background, I really can't get into anything that relies on judges scores. Such a shame it's been that nearly all day and no bobsleigh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Fallon reminds me of Nigel Farage with his rubber mask of a face

He must have been acting pretty creepy if some guy in a car felt the need to toot his horn and warn her about him.

Definitely more to the story.

Yeah, I made a conscious decision to wake up at 4:15AM every morning, wash my face, brush my teeth, have my breakfast, put my clothes on, so I can be out the house most mornings at 5:45AM. All so I can walk down the same street I take every morning for my 6KM walk in the hopes that I can find myself 20 metres behind a woman who probably has almost the same morning routine as I do.

If a driver wanted to warn a woman in the dark that a fellow walker was 20 metres behind her, fair play. None of the other 3 drivers saw any danger to honk their horn. If you were behind a woman, at a distance of 20 metres, I would hope someone warns the woman because I’ve seen how your mind works. I also never said the gender of the driver was a male, you’ve just assumed that which helps with your “some men are evil” narrative.

And congratulations, you got what you wanted. A response. I am happy for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back