Autopsy 2018 JLT Series - Game 1: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton looked a much better drilled side tonight. Their contest systems, run out of defence and around the ground made the Saints look like ordinary.

The same old issues were highlighted with the Saints kicking skills, lack of leg speed through the middle and slow movement out of defence meant that the forward entries were still rubbish.

Its the first game of the year I know but for me there were worrying signs as nothing looks to have improved.

Without going into any of the others you mentioned, how the f### do you get a positive out of Paddy game.
Were you watching the game? He may of dropped a couple marks but took some real strong ones too, kicked a couple goals, played the WHOLE game and was also ranked our 6th best player.

Bloody hell. Absolutely shattered. Where to from here? Desperately need Hickey in. Kids no good. Lonie and Weller nowhere near it. Gilbo should be delisted.
I’m in shock. Are we wasting our time this year?
Crisis meeting required.
Finally you agree with the rest of us!!

Without going into any of the others you mentioned, how the f### do you get a positive out of Paddy game.
Its his 4th year and he didn't get knocked out

Christ. God forbid the melt if this was a game that carried any sort of meaning.

It's a practice match. Everyone BREATHE. None of this counts for anything more than training purposes and match fitness. If the same football gets displayed regularly through the first 6 weeks then melt your little hearts out, until then..... chill.
+1.

Competitive juices flowing. I get it.

Bloody hell. Absolutely shattered. Where to from here? Desperately need Hickey in. Kids no good. Lonie and Weller nowhere near it. Gilbo should be delisted.
Crisis meeting required.

People are allowed opinions. There wasn’t many positives and I doubt the club would to happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basing that off exactly what?

Browns top 10 b&f finish last year or Austins two games last year?
Austin being more agile & hopefully crunch more packs/contests.

Few times was trailing behind no where near the ball. Wind was obviously a factor though. I like Browny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crisis meeting required.
Is this a joke lol!!!

Christ. God forbid the melt if this was a game that carried any sort of meaning.

It's a practice match. Everyone BREATHE. None of this counts for anything more than training purposes and match fitness. If the same football gets displayed regularly through the first 6 weeks then melt your little hearts out, until then..... chill.
Bullshit both teams were trying and we had a full strength team minus Billings.. not sure if Bruce is in best 22.

Saints players: a little rusty, lacking a bit of intensity, but building towards round 1

Saints supporters: peaking early, ferocious in their attack, ready to jump off bridges come round 1

Same Same.

MG, do they seriously train tactics for specific teams or just play how they want to. It' was obvious that the long ball does not work against the blues. You need to control the ball and hurt them on the scoreboard. Lower the eyes should be the mantra.

Secondly if we are playing two tall fwds then Marshall second rucks over Gilbert. We struggle around the ground otherwise.

Midfield started terribly, no system at all. Third term was an improvement. Still feels slow without steven in there. Clark, long and gresham gave the only occasional spark.

Savage overthinks. Geary went m8ssing, robbo lost and brown had a Barry crocker. Now we have to play a austinn or goddard in jlt2 to find out if we have a better option. Dumb.

Pylur forwards don' work for each other, nearly never block or run multiple leads to space.

Hope that' our low level.

Basing that off exactly what?

Browns top 10 b&f finish last year or Austins two games last year?

I reckon the B&F was proper rigged. Steele finished about 20 & that’s despite leading the comp in tackles & avg 20 odd possessions a game. Brown has thick legs & a large rump - Richo digs that cos it reminds him of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back